Joe Biden SHOULD pardon Trump!

hightor

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2020 12:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I'm not going to argue with five people, so you're the lucky one.

I'm not going to argue with you, since I'm not a lawyer.

You can read about it HERE.

I have no idea if it's a strong case but apparently it's being taken seriously enough not to have been thrown out of court.

EDIT: U.S. Supreme Court declined to take the case.

Quote:
These clauses combined—though seldom invoked—state that “no person holding any office … shall, without the consent of Congress” accept gifts or benefits from foreign or domestic entities. It has generally been understood to prevent the U.S. presidents from making substantial profits from either foreign or domestic sources during their time in office if such profits are derived, directly or indirectly, as a result of their being president.

The Supreme Court’s decision, however, does not mean the president’s emoluments issues are over. The Trump administration has asked the high court to rehear two other emoluments cases that have already been greenlit by circuit courts– one brought by the government watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), and another brought by the Attorneys General of Washington, D.C. and Maryland.

msn
oralloy

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2020 08:48 pm
farmerman wrote:
Do you think he was just ignorant of its content or was he actually knowingly attempting to brek it.

Mr. Trump did not violate the Constitution.

farmerman wrote:
SO, Are you just ignorant of them or are you too just ignoring the law.??

Neither. I am pointing out facts and reality.

neptuneblue wrote:
Trump broke law by diverting $2.5B for border wall, appeals court rules
By Associated Press June 26, 2020

The executive branch tries to shift funds like this all the time. Congress tries to stop the funds from being shifted. This is just the normal struggle that goes on between different branches of the government.

I'm sure Mr. Trump complied with the courts' rulings. Had he started flagrantly disregarding the courts, that would be different.

hightor wrote:
someone incorrectly wrote:
Mr. Trump should pardon himself.

Your "someone" nonsense is pretty childish.

And opinions are neither correct nor incorrect.

hightor wrote:
Someone's understanding of the law is rather shallow:

That depends on the subject area. I do a pretty mean RKBA.

eric muller wrote:
So the question is not whether Trump can pardon himself. It's whether he can grant himself a pardon.

We'll have to see what the Supreme Court thinks (assuming Mr. Trump self pardons of course), but I think this argument is pretty silly and far from persuasive.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 03:28 am
Quote:
Your "someone" nonsense is pretty childish.

Ask me if I care. I'm only responding to words written by people hiding behind fake names. Why should I pretend I'm talking to real people as if I knew anything about them? How do I know they're not conducting a long-running joke or some sort of performance piece? If I find the performance bordering on the superficial or the obnoxious why should I be forced to participate in the charade by addressing them by their fake name? And, by not identifying them by their alias, they don't need to respond — because maybe I was actually talking about someone else. Get it?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 07:11 am
@hightor,
Why do you make highly defamatory accusations against a person when you have no idea what the details are, or if the accusation is true? You hoped to disguise the weakness of these cases by presenting a list of them.

You, not someone else, declared that Donald Trump is a criminal for violating the emoluments clause of the Constitution. Explain why YOUR accusation is true or take it back.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 07:25 am
@Brandon9000,
First you tell us why you believe Trump will still build the wall.

Why would you believe anyone with thousands of documented lies just since taking the presidency?

How can anyone be so stupid as to believe anything that bloated muppet has to say?

Answer that.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:46 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Why do you make highly defamatory accusations against a person when you have no idea what the details are, or if the accusation is true?

I made no accusations. I simply listed several areas where people have alleged that illegality or impropriety was involved.
Quote:
You hoped to disguise the weakness of these cases by presenting a list of them.

That's your interpretation. I just listed them in hope that other, better informed, members might find them worth further elaboration.
Quote:

You, not someone else, declared that Donald Trump is a criminal for violating the emoluments clause of the Constitution.

Where did I "declare" this? I explicitly stated that I had no idea if it were a strong case. It was the Richmond, Virginia-based Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals which ruled that President Donald Trump violated the Constitution’s emoluments clauses.
Quote:
Explain why YOUR accusation is true or take it back.

Since I made no accusation, there's nothing to "take back". And even had I made an accusation and it was shown to be false I wouldn't retract it, I'd just admit to being wrong. Now, if I'd mistakenly accused you of doing something I would definitely take it back. But making charges against a public figure (Trump) who isn't personally involved in this discussion is an act of such insignificance that a formal retraction as demanded by you seems pointless.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:02 am
@hightor,
It's like all the other accusations against Trump. You just breathe on it and it falls to pieces.
hightor

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:16 am
@Brandon9000,
It's not over yet, as there are other potential accusations. The case which was handled by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals wasn't declined because of deficiencies in the suit but because members of Congress were ruled to lack the standing to pursue the claim. Other charges against Trump are still being argued in the courts. The impeachment accusations didn't "fall to pieces", they were simply disregarded in a strictly partisan manner for political purposes.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:29 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

It's like all the other accusations against Trump. You just breathe on it and it falls to pieces.

Bullshit.

Trump is without a doubt the worst president we've ever had...and the gods willing, will be the worst ever.

I'll make an accusation:

He is a classless boor.

If you think you can "breathe on that" and cause it to fall to pieces...

...breathe away.

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 10:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
hes got solid evidence against him that will be tested in the Southern District Courts., even if he manages to "pardon himself"

Self Dealing is a felony in DC district, and hes been doin the deal all during his tenure. Also several tax fraud charges need adjudicating, and in addition, everything else including bogus uninspected meats to boguscollege degrees and nonexistnt wines . I love the way that his toadies assert a plausible personal ignorance stand, which then converts to an assertion ofcomplete denial, just like Brandon;s above.

Ive barely touched the surface of his emoluments issues let alone frauds

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 10:27 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
It's not over yet, as there are other potential accusations.

Ultimately the way to end the witch hunts is to outlaw the Democratic Party.

hightor wrote:
The impeachment accusations didn't "fall to pieces", they were simply disregarded in a strictly partisan manner for political purposes.

That is incorrect. The impeachment accusations were a bunch of empty nonsense. It is normal for the government to pressure other governments by withholding aid.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 12:14 pm
a parrot wrote:
Ultimately the way to end the witch hunts is to outlaw the Democratic Party.

Gee, I never heard of that before.
someone who supports political corruption wrote:
It is normal for the government to pressure other governments by withholding aid.

It's not normal, however, to attempt to strong-arm other countries into helping to frame your domestic political opponents. In fact, it's illegal.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 03:18 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
a parrot

Wrong again. The parrots here are the progressives who repeat the same calls to abuse their power.

I merely reply to the parrots so their squawking does not go unchallenged.

hightor wrote:
someone who supports political corruption

That's a lie and you know it.

hightor wrote:
It's not normal, however, to attempt to strong-arm other countries into helping to frame your domestic political opponents.

The Democrats are the only party here with a history of trying to frame their political opponents.

hightor wrote:
In fact, it's illegal.

Thus my calls to outlaw the political party that keeps doing it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 12:49 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
It's not over yet, as there are other potential accusations. The case which was handled by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals wasn't declined because of deficiencies in the suit but because members of Congress were ruled to lack the standing to pursue the claim. Other charges against Trump are still being argued in the courts. The impeachment accusations didn't "fall to pieces", they were simply disregarded in a strictly partisan manner for political purposes.

I defy you to state one single case of a specific law you believe that he violated.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 01:20 pm
@Brandon9000,
The charges raised against Trump will be decided by prosecutors and courts. I think that there are several possible including.

- Misuse of campaign funds to pay off mistresses.
- Use of the presidential office for personal profit.
- I believe there are also outstanding real-estate fraud and sexual harrasment charges against him too that were waiting until the end of his presidency,

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 01:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
I told you before, I'm not a lawyer. Nor do I respond to impertinent demands to perform tasks by people I don't even know for their apparent satisfaction. I'd suggest you refer to the specifics of the case argued in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. The court records will explain the legal details far better than I can.

Hear are the other potentially problematic areas which I listed:

Conflict of interest

Abuse of power

Revealing state secrets

Conspiring to commit campaign finance violations

If you wish to know what specific laws are alleged to have been violated I suggest you do your own research. I suspect that if any illegal behavior is discovered the details will become available during the trial.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:11 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
If you wish to know what specific laws are alleged to have been violated I suggest you do your own research.

So in other words you can't actually list a crime that has been committed, nevermind the fact that a self-pardon is likely soon to come.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:28 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
...a self-pardon is likely...

Why? What reason would Trump have for issuing a pardon on himself? According to him -and you, he has done nothing.

...and having done nothing, clearly there can be no identifiable wrongdoing which would require a pardon. So, again, why do you expect him to pay himself on his back and issue a self-pardon?

If he's so innocent, any judge will know and will then summarily dismiss.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Because progressives abuse their power by using the law as a weapon against people they don't agree with.

Self-pardoning prevents him from being subjected to any such abuse, at least on the federal level.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:52 pm
@oralloy,
Self-pardoning indicates he knows darned well that he has done wrong.

The Trump legacy and chapter title in upcoming history books: Donny Trump, the person and his successes.

A brief chapter, as follows:

White House resident Trump had great success.

1) Shafted the world- successfully
2) Screwed up all he came near- successfully
3) Stooped to new lows- successfully
4) Hoodwinked millions- successfully
5) Passed the buck- successfully
6) Was impressed by his hairs- successfully
7) Slid down ramps- successfully
8) Did as his love interests in North Korea and Russia requested- successfully
9) Fit into orange prison outfit- successfully
10) Cried himself to sleep while in prison- successfully
11) Buried in unmarked landfill- successfully
12) Saved people money by refusing to have a Presidential Library after hearing it would not be 100% gold, did so successfully

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:13:11