Joe Biden SHOULD pardon Trump!

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 07:09 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I heard him ask the Georgia Sec. of State to "find" ballots to overturn election results and threat him with legal action if he refused. I don't know if that's illegal but it should be. I don't know what the specific law is. That's a job for the prosecutors.

Had you actually read the transcript of the call:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-brad-raffensperger-phone-call-transcript/index.html

you'd know that Trump very specifically lists at length different instances of suspected cheating which he believes may have occurred. He then asks that these possible cases of fraud be investigated and says that he needs only 11,000 votes to win. How does asking for 11,000 cases of cheating to be found constitute a crime? Clearly, you are implying that he is asking for 11,000 false ballots to be manufactured, but there is no such thing in the transcript. People are not guilty of things they didn't say.

Oh, yeah, find me a "threat" in that transcript.
hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 07:33 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
How does asking for 11,000 cases of cheating to be found constitute a crime?

Because "finding" votes after ballots have been counted three times amounts to asking for them to be produced. That's cheating. No, I don't know the specific law. Do you?
Quote:

Oh, yeah, find me a "threat" in that transcript.

Oh yeah:
Quote:
And you are going to find that they are — which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you're not reporting it. That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense. And you can't let that happen. That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that's a big risk.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 07:58 am
@hightor,
In context, he gives a long list of specific forms of fraud which he believes occurred and asks that they be checked to see if they were actually fraud. He then says, we only need 11,000 votes. It's crystal clear that he's hoping that cases of fraud will be found and that it will tip the balance back to him. Your chances of convicting him for a crime for saying this are zero and, frankly, any politician in the same position, who believed he was the victim of election fraud, would say the same thing. You simply cannot convict people, or even try people, for things which they did not say.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 08:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It’s called sealioning, it’s a popular tactic of the far right, getting you to run around wasting time finding proof for things that are already well established facts, only for them to question the source.

Yup. Childish crap...with the originators supposing they are being clever.

(Personal FYI: I have graduated to just doing Extreme's. Hard as hell...and occasionally you've gotta guess to get home. But worth the effort.)
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 08:54 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
...a long list of specific forms of fraud which he believes occurred...

All of which had been previously investigated or otherwise explained. The votes had been verified by the secretary of state and that's where it ends. The president, in a federal office, doesn't get to demand the count be changed because he's too stupid to understand exculpatory evidence or too stubborn to accept defeat.

So, back to my question, what laws do you think Trump might be worried about being prosecuted for? And, as he's discussing pardons here as well, what laws do you think his family and Giuliani may have broken?
oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:43 am
@hightor,
The Atlantic wrote:
Being both the grantee and the recipient of a pardon accentuates the guilt of the individual. Trump would effectively be announcing that he has engaged in acts that might expose him to criminal prosecution (thus alleging his own guilt); by then accepting the pardon, he would thus, to some degree, be admitting his own allegation. In pleading the pardon to the court, in other words, he would be boasting of his guilt.

This is not true. Wrongfully convicted innocent people sometimes receive pardons. These pardons are not seen as evidence of guilt.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:45 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
All of which had been previously investigated or otherwise explained. The votes had been verified by the secretary of state and that's where it ends. The president, in a federal office, doesn't get to demand the count be changed because he's too stupid to understand exculpatory evidence or too stubborn to accept defeat.

Sure he does. He has every right to make such a request.

hightor wrote:
So, back to my question, what laws do you think Trump might be worried about being prosecuted for? And, as he's discussing pardons here as well, what laws do you think his family and Giuliani may have broken?

I don't think he has broken any law. I think Democrats frame innocent people for imaginary crimes.

It is my outrage at this that leads to my calls to outlaw the party.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:36 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
...So, back to my question, what laws do you think Trump might be worried about being prosecuted for? And, as he's discussing pardons here as well, what laws do you think his family and Giuliani may have broken?

I don't think he's broken any laws. I think that the people he beat in 2016 are crybabies of low character who have responded for four years to losing by coming up with hundreds of bogus accusations.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:44 am
@Brandon9000,
How much does Putin pay you?

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:51 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

You didn't answer me. Are you running away?

You said, "Trump will always be associated with insurrection."

I asked, "How will Trump be associated with insurrection?"

I am not running away. I am getting bored.

But if you want to call that "running away", that's fine with me.
hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I don't think he's broken any laws.

I demand that you answer the question I put to you or leave the debate.

Since he's considering a self pardon, "what laws do you think Trump might be worried about being prosecuted for?"

You keep saying he's innocent. I demand to know what you think he's innocent of.

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:16 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Okay, you're not running away. So, how will Trump be "associated with insurrection?"
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:20 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
I don't think he's broken any laws.

I demand that you answer the question I put to you or leave the debate.

Since he's considering a self pardon, "what laws do you think Trump might be worried about being prosecuted for?"

You keep saying he's innocent. I demand to know what you think he's innocent of.

I think he's innocent of any crimes. If he's actually considered a self-pardon, I could only guess why, since I can't read his mind, but my guess would be that he'd be concerned with being framed.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Okay, you're not running away. So, how will Trump be "associated with insurrection?"

Yawn
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:33 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Yawn

Translation: You cannot back up the assertion that Trump will be associated with insurrection, but lack the integrity to admit it when you're wrong.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
Yawn

Translation: You cannot back up the assertion that Trump will be associated with insurrection, but lack the integrity to admit it when you're wrong.

Exactly. (Actually, this little quibble is amusing me)

... at this point, I think you are supposed to compare me to Goebbels.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:42 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
Yawn

Exactly. (Actually, this little quibble is amusing me)

It's not that you're bored and it's not that you're amused. Those are just smokescreens for the fact that you're unable to defend your position. Either tell me how Trump will be associated with insurrection, or you can't.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:49 pm
@Brandon9000,
Are you stupid or what?

He told his supporters to march on the capitol building and go wild.

That’s insurrection.

Putin should get his money back.

Probably has, Trump is no longer an asset, and any further association with Trump will only tarnish Putin’s reputation. That’s right, ******* Putin.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:51 pm
@Brandon9000,
My position can defend itself, or not. We will see what happens to Trump's approval rating.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:56 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

My position can defend itself, or not. We will see what happens to Trump's approval rating.

You know the rules of debate just as well as I do. You made an assertion. You cannot defend it. You lose.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:49:32