Merry Christmas 2020! Are you doing anything special for the holiday?

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2020 08:05 am
Hello. Merry Christmas 2020! With all the craziness that transpired this year, especially concerning the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis I haven't really been focusing on Christmas or any holidays this year. I hope you people have a nice holiday.

Are you people doing anything special for the holiday? I am just curious. Please respond soon. Thank you.

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2020 10:43 am
No one here cares about Christmas 2020?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2020 11:13 am
Does any here care about any Christmas Day parades?

I don't think I want to bother watching any. I saw part of one local one online, and part of the Disney one, and it's kind of like the Thanksgiving Day ones this year, like the Macy's one they had. I don't want to see spectators and/or performers wearing Covid-19 masks. That's too depressing.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2020 04:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
Is no one responding to this thread because of the whole Covid-19 situation?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 12:37 am
@JGoldman10,
1. Just because you want people to respond to your thread, doesn't necessarily mean that anyone will.

2. The world doesn't work that way.

3. There can be any number of reasons why others aren't responding to your thread.

4. If you wish to engage in some back and forth conversation with other A2K members, I suggest that you post on other A2K members threads.

5. There are a vast number of threads on all sorts of topics.

6. Seek out some of those threads that you are interested in posting on.

7. If people want to post on any particular thread of yours, they will.

8. This is only a suggestion.

9. Expand your horizon and try posting on other people threads.

10. You just might like it, if you just give it a chance.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 05:12 am
@JGoldman10,
You asked me why almost no one responds to your Christmas thread.

To most of the regulars here you are associated with 'Christ'. They do not want to associate Christmas with anything to do with Christ. It’s just the way it is. JC told you to expect this. Don’t act surprised when it becomes manifest.

But full disclosure, I do not put any significance on the date Dec. 25. Celebrating seasons and times of the year does not come recommended by the one Christmas was theoretically named for.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 10:28 am
@Leadfoot,
Christmas is not really a Christian holiday to begin with. It originated as a pagan fest in Europe. full of drunken revelry and orgies. They decided to make it a Christian holiday to appease the European church before bringing it to the U.S.

My American Christian penpal told me he doesn't celebrate Christmas because of this.

People who are not Christians don't associate Jesus with Christmas.

I am just asking people here how their holiday was. Is there something wrong with that? I was not making this thread about religion.

Mine kind of sucked. It was the second Christmas I was forced to spend alone.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 01:31 pm
Anyway, as I said, my Christmas holiday this year sucked. I was forced to spend it alone again. I tried to watch the Christmas Day parades this year but didn't. They were too depressing. I don't want to see any spectators and/or performers wearing Covid-19 face masks. I don't want to be reminded of the pandemic.

My nearest local supermarket was closed. Most restaurants were closed. I just wanted to go out and get some egg nog.

I couldn't even order any food from Grubhub or Doordash. Not even an egg nog frappe from Starbucks online.

I wasn't fixated on getting any gifts this year. That was not important to me.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 04:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I wasn't fixated on getting any gifts this year. That was not important to me.

I sure was. I love this time of year, this is when all the coolest new toys come out. And screw gifts, nobody here knows what you really want anyway. Go get what you really want.

And I probably should have said you remind people of 'religious stuff', not 'Christ'. But I didn’t mean in this particular thread. What does Christmas mean to you?

Alone with my invisible friend is how I prefer to spend most days, although people can be fun once in awhile.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 04:04 pm
@Real Music,
Hello. That was nice of you to welcome me back. I hope you had a nice holiday.
I'm not making this thread about religion. I just wanted to know how people's Christmas was. Mine kind of sucked.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 06:39 pm
@Leadfoot,
Since you're the only person here who has politely responded to this thread, I'll respond to you.

To CHRISTIANS, Christmas means celebrating the Birth of Christ. To the secular world, it's about spending time with family and getting gifts and such.

Gift giving is nice but it's not important. I know someone online who said he wanted to send me a voice over mic for Xmas, but he said it would take TWO MONTHS for me to get it. I told him not to bother; I would rather buy my own.

Did YOU do anything special for the holiday? I wasn't really thinking about it to be honest, with the pandemic going on and such. I tried watching the parades this year but they were TOO depressing, like the Thanksgiving Day ones they held this year. I don't want to watch ANY parades and see a bunch of people at them wearing COVID-19 FACE MASKS. I don't want to be reminded of a pandemic.

I didn't really do anything special. I just listened to music and did some housework.

They should have just CANCELLED all the parades that were held this year. Parades are nice but they are not important.

At least I got to speak to my mother on Xmas Eve over the phone. I didn't get any gifts but my neighbor left a card for me on my back porch.

I wanted to order some food but at least I have some food here in my home.
Real Music

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 09:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
1. Why are you implying that since people aren't responding to this thread, that they are not being polite?

2. That's like saying that since you yourself refuses to post on other A2k members threads, that you yourself is not being polite.

3. I just want you to understand how that sounds.

4. Politeness has nothing to do with whether or not someone responds to yours, mine, or anybody's thread.

5. Most likely, people won't respond to any particular thread, because they are not particularly interested.

6. That applies to your threads, my threads, or any A2k member's thread.
You are no different.

7. Some of your threads some people will post on.

8. And some of your threads, people won't post on.

9. This has nothing to do with politeness.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2020 12:11 am
@JGoldman10,
1. My Christmas was just fine.
2. Just the immediate family.
3. I cooked a turkey dinner and some side dishes.
4. Exchange just a few inexpensive presents.
5. Kept everything small and simple.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2020 12:42 am
@JGoldman10,
1. Sorry to hear that your Christmas sucked.
2. Sorry that you had to spend this Christmas alone.
3. There is nothing I can say to make it any better.
4. I do hope things get better for you and your family.
5. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
6. The pandemic is temporary.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2020 12:51 am
@JGoldman10,
Christmas was quiet and our family put a limit for gifts and we then made a pool of money we did NOT spend and sent that to our respective volunteer fire companies. Its money that WILL not be used for some kind of management fees.

We had a family zoom series of conferences.That was fun especially for anyone in the 80's .

It was a sadder Christmas bcause I lost a close friend and associate to covid, my wifes sisters lost some friends to the same, as did my one cousin. All the covid deaths were quite recent. Everyone made it through last spring and summer but (I think) failed to obey the same common sense rules during the Halloween through Now time.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2020 08:14 pm
Christmas 2019 didn't suck so much for me. I was alone but AT LEAST I got to watch TV.
Real Music

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2020 09:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
Were you able to watch TV in Christmas 2020?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 09:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
1. I'm not sure if you were able to watch television in Christmas 2020.

2. Do you have any favorite Christmas movies?

3. Each year there seems to be new Christmas movies.

4. The old classic Christmas movies are played every year as well.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 07:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Christmas 2019 didn't suck so much for me. I was alone but AT LEAST I got to watch TV.

I was able to watch CHRISTIAN TV last year. I couldn't do that this year. Only Christian programming I can watch now at the moment is whatever's online.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 08:56 pm
@Real Music,
Personally, I did see a few holiday films, either alone or with my family:
*The Snowman (UK)
*Die Hard (technically set during Christmas)
*Home Alone
*Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
*The Santa Clause
*Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
*Elf
*Olaf's Frozen Adventure (Frozen special)
*Anna and the Apocalypse (Zombie horror musical set during Christmas)
*Noelle (Disney Plus exclusive)
*Happiest Season (Hulu exclusive)