Water Softener Location

Wed 18 Nov, 2020 07:35 am
Hi, I read everywhere that a water softener should be located as close to water source. This would not be best location for me as I have a crawl space. What is the down side to running 3/4” up to second floor and back down to proper installation point in the crawl space? Being a closed system I wouldn’t think pressure drop would be an issue.

Thanks
Steve
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,067 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Iris Thomas

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 06:11 am
@Stephfram,
I have extremely hard water. The scale on the plumbing fixtures was thick and so hard I couldn’t chisel it off. My hair was brittle and soap did not suds up. I put a whole house filter in and it clogged in a few days. Bought an expensive electronic descalers and it burned up after 4 months. Took a chance on the water conditioner and saw a big difference after about a week. within 3 days of installing, I noticed I had suds when shampooing my hair. After a month the hard scale crumbled and fell off the fixtures and they were shiny once more! My dishwasher is working much better and clothes and cleaner and smell fresh when they come out of the laundry. My hair feels like hair, not hay! I also have seen a big difference in my heating and hot water cost. Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
izabella40

Sat 22 May, 2021 02:49 am
@Stephfram,
Have you got the answer??Last day I asked for a suggestion... still looking for the replies ?
0 Replies

izabella40

Sun 23 May, 2021 11:01 pm
@Iris Thomas,
You should use salt based water softener to get rid of water impurities. It removes hard minerals using ion exchange process.
0 Replies