Diane Sawyer - GMA - On her way out?

Chai

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 01:03 pm
Right up front, I wouldn't be sorry to see her go...
She's so annoying and daft.

Anyway - The newest co-anchor, Robin, is great, an actual intelligent human being.

I notice sometimes Robin giving Diane little verbal jabs, nothing overt.

Plus, I think it's unusual to have 3 co-anchors

Do you think she'll be moving on?
She never could fill Joan London's shoes anyway.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,156 • Replies: 1
No top replies

edithdoll

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 04:47 pm
Hi Chai Tea:
Been reading on the media wires she is probably a candiate for the World News Slot, along with Charles Gibson and Elizabeth Vargas. Not sure if Disney will try to court someone else away. If Charles Gibson gets the World News Tonight slot, Diane will probably stay at GMA. Like her or not, GMA's ratings with Diane/Gibson along with the Roberts chemistry has closed the ratings gap with Today. Networks just love, love that. Odds are if they lose half the team they will keep the other half in place along with continuing the entertainment/concerts et al. I was hoping they would bring over Bill Hemmer from CNN but (sigh) he signed with Fox. So for the time being this will be continued. Just for the record here, for years I went back in forth between GMA and Today. Today--post 9/11, I felt was too shrill and tabloid in their coverage. GMA post Disney takeover of ABC, has been well-- too Disney & inhouse promotional for me. I couldn't take one more "Bachelor" segment--that's why I watch the CNN morning show.
0 Replies