<elbows BBB in ribs...threatens to tickle>
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:58 pm
Lash
Lash wrote:
Do tell!!

<elbows BBB in ribs...threatens to tickle>

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! Lash has attacked me with her elbow! I'm gonna sue that bitch!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:08 pm
(LOL)

I'm impressed at how you worked bitch into that.

<taking notes>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:21 pm
I don't care what some of the other members say about Lash; she seems ok to me. Almost human.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:05 pm
Gus
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I don't care what some of the other members say about Lash; she seems ok to me. Almost human.

You obviously have lousy taste in humans, especially the wimins.

BBB
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:09 pm
Re: Lash
Lash wrote:

Freeduck--

You are being intentionally obtuse, I hope. More than one person has given you the answer to your questions. Why aren't you reading what people are posting?

Oh no, any obtuseness is completely unintended and mostly due to the fact that you fail to make a point. I am reading what people are posting. Nobody but you has a one track mind full of simplistic explanations that consistently fail to cut the mustard and don't hold up to scrutiny.

This has got to be one of the most incurious and uninteresting discussions I've had on this board. I'm actually sorry that I mentioned this thread to you at all.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:11 pm
Yes. BBB is such a superior example of the kind of woman one should prefer.

Really.

<why do you keep looking?...I'm not going to say anything else...>

<pfffft>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:16 pm
I gotta say a large part of the conflict between The Arab World and The Western World stems from the fact they don't talk with and listen to one another, but rather, shout at one another, and shout the same stuff over and over and over ad nauseum.

Sorta like what goes on in a lotta threads. This one, for example.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:17 pm
Lash
Lash wrote:
Yes. BBB is such a superior example of the kind of woman one should prefer.

Really.

<why do you keep looking?...I'm not going to say anything else...>

<pfffft>

Don't dispair, Duckie. Oh my, a break through with a wise observation. There is hope for Lash after all---maybe even during my lifetime. But she had better hurry up cause I'm getting real old.

BBB
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:17 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Lash wrote:

Freeduck--

You are being intentionally obtuse, I hope. More than one person has given you the answer to your questions. Why aren't you reading what people are posting?

Oh no, any obtuseness is completely unintended and mostly due to the fact that you fail to make a point. I am reading what people are posting. Nobody but you has a one track mind full of simplistic explanations that consistently fail to cut the mustard and don't hold up to scrutiny.

This has got to be one of the most incurious and uninteresting discussions I've had on this board. I'm actually sorry that I mentioned this thread to you at all.

I didn't realize this would be sort of a private audience with you ,wherein posters got the opportunity to provide you with reams of information, which you would predictably reject with little more than pithy one liners.

I was hoping there might be an investigatory dialogue.... Had you really examined any of my points and gave credible refutations, or some type of agreement, we might have done something worthwhile here.

You didn't (that I saw) respond to that charming BBB's points....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:21 pm
Lash
Lash wrote: "You didn't (that I saw) respond to that charming BBB's points...."

Don't you hate it when you are ignored. Shame on you Duckie, I don't take ignorance laying down.

So there!

BBB
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:25 pm
Actually, you were ignored.

I am impressed that you stand up for ignorance, though. You GO GIRL!!!

(BTW, that post was completely incomprehensible.)

Is Duckie some 1940's term of endearment?

<She's being so nice to me!!!>
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
Lash
Lash wrote:
Actually, you were ignored.

I am impressed that you stand up for ignorance, though. You GO GIRL!!!
(BTW, that post was completely incomprehensible.)
Is Duckie some 1940's term of endearment?
<She's being so nice to me!!!>

That's strange, I understood it.

Re Duckie, I'm in a good mood. I call him FreeDuck when I'm grumpy.
What would you like to be called?

BBB
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Don't you hate it when you are ignored. Shame on you Duckie, I don't take ignorance laying down.

So there!

BBB

Sorry, BBB. I should have responded that I agree with your point, if the point in question is the one about religions throughout history on page 2 or 3.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:30 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

So there!

BBB

Sorry, BBB. I should have responded that I agree with your point, if the point in question is the one about religions throughout history on page 2 or 3.

That was yesterday's posts. I don't remember yesterdays, so you're off the hook.

BBB
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:38 pm
OK.

If I can recover from all our silliness for a moment.

I thought BBB did have very good points. I agree with many of them. She likely doesn't agree with ALL of mine, but the point about Reformation I think is central to what is going on in Arab civilization.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:40 pm
Like I said, I'm all for reformation and am no great defender of any religion. I just can't stomach the absolutist declarations about impotent muslims and murderous arabs and Islam being the source of all woe in the world.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:49 pm
Impotent is a sharper descriptor than frustrated... which I feel is deeply embedded in Arab/Muslim culture and an important contributing factor to what we're experiencing today.

I didn't see anyone say they were the 'source of all woe...' They're a source of a hell of a lot of it.

But, I'll take a powder from your thread and see if you come to any conclusions.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:54 pm
Well, actually, I'll indulge you on the impotent thing. I remember a few years ago there was a psychologist that did a study on Palestinian men. I'll go and find it, but it basically drew the conclusion that children who grew up around the time of the first intifada felt that their parents, especially their fathers were powerless -- as they were/are and drew the conclusion that the entire Palestinian population was suffering a psychological crisis.

I bring this up because it's interesting to dive down into the causes of such feelings, but keep in mind this is not about all Arabs but specificaly about Palestinians who have a unique set of problems.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:14 pm
This is what I was looking for.

http://www.gcmhp.net/File_files/Stone.html
Quote:
The language of the occupation sends the message that life is not worth living and that children born in the settlements are treasured while children born in the Palestinian camps, villages, or towns are despised. This environment drives home the message that the Palestinians are born to be the hewers of wood and drawers of water both for the settlers and for the Israeli economy. The children witness their fathers' and older brothers' humiliation as they stand in line at the "slave market" hoping to be offered one of the few jobs available -- building yet another Israeli settlement.

Palestinian children were subjected to traumatic experiences that have made them special and dangerous at the same time. In 1991, the research team at GCMHP conducted a field study on a sample of 2,279 children. The results of the study showed the potential effect on the psyche of children.

Researchers found that 92.5% were subjected to tear-gas inhalation and 85% had their houses raided. One of the most alarming findings is related to "witnessing the beating of fathers." The study showed that 55% were humiliated and 42.5% witnessed their fathers being beaten.

Such experiences leave their mark on children's perceptions of themselves and the world around them. "If my father could not protect himself," a child wonders, "how on earth is he going to protect me?" The inevitable reaction is a mixture of fear, frustration, helplessness, anger, and -- perhaps most tragically -- rejection of the father. Children sometimes find themselves identifying with Israeli soldiers as symbols of power. At the very least, they are driven out of their homes to look for heroes to replace their fathers, who failed the test.

So the psychological aspects of Arab life are absolutely relevant, but they vary largely from region to region.
0 Replies