Pro-Lifers Spread Fatal Disease At RBG Death Celebration

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2020 02:19 pm
https://images.dailykos.com/images/863533/story_image/AP20270795443531.jpg?1601642256

7 positive already! Good job, Donnie!!

Tip o' the hat to Dana Gould @ https://twitter.com/danagould/status/1312463400094507009

coldjoint

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 02:32 pm
Considering those people are trying to protect those who cannot protect themselves makes every positive proud to be there. Just like the ones who are not.

This is how desperate the Left is. Kicking people while they are down seems to give them pleasure. Just nasty people do that.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 02:55 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
...those people...

Those people? Really?
Quote:
...cannot protect themselves...

Who exactly? There are many on both sides of this equation.

Quote:
...makes every positive proud...

Do you mean persons who are Coronavirus carriers are proud to be there sporadically spreading their death-risk contaminants around?

How sad, how very very very hugely sad. (Both their pride - which is a sin- and that you are compromised mentally into believing it is a good twist in the journey of life)

I shall pray for you coldjernt. Vigorously shall I pray, beseeching whatever may be out there guiding the universe to divine intervention and assistance your way.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 03:02 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
...those people...

Those people? Really?
Quote:
...cannot protect themselves...

Who exactly? There are many on both sides of this equation.

Quote:
...makes every positive proud...

Do you mean persons who are Coronavirus carriers are proud to be there sporadically spreading their death-risk contaminants around?

How sad, how very very very hugely sad. (Both their pride - which is a sin- and that you are compromised mentally into believing it is a good twist in the journey of life)

I shall pray for you coldjernt. Vigorously shall I pray, beseeching whatever may be out there guiding the universe to divine intervention and assistance your way.

The people they are protecting babies from being aborted or saved if they survive one. And they are proud of it. That did not fly over your head, it orbited.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 06:23 pm
@coldjoint,
Really. Since abortion is law of the land, I mistakenly believed they were introducing the new Supreme Court nominee. My mistake.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 06:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Really. Since abortion is law of the land, I mistakenly believed they were introducing the new Supreme Court nominee. My mistake.

Slavery used to be the law of the land. Does that make it alright?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 07:22 pm
@coldjoint,
Used to be. USED TO BE. I guess it was wrong. Why? You still think its right? Do you think even a simple majority of the US think its right? Regardless of right or wrong, its not Constitutional AND not legal.

Right or wrong, abortion is Constitutional and legal.

Barrett may think its wrong or right, but the issue gets decided on the Constitution not on her religious conviction. I should not know what her religious convictions are, I need to know what she thinks about the Constitution that NOWHERE allows for religious convictions except that no one can tell you what yours should be.
oralloy

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 08:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Since the Constitution does not forbid state laws against abortion, "deciding it on the Constitution" would mean overturning Roe v Wade and allowing states to outlaw abortion if they so choose.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2020 10:18 pm
@oralloy,
Maybe. Depends if you're a Republican or a Democrat in terms how abortion is controlled, by states or the Fed. The decision regarding abortion on a national level was decided on equal access rights. That was that certain elements of society had access to abortion therefor all women had the right to safe abortion.

Like it or not abortion is Constitutional and legal. If and when you all get to the SCOTUS and change that get back to me. The chances for a change on that is negligible it's just is not going to happen. The pendulum is swinging back.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 07:35 am
@oralloy,
Generally speaking, yes. Unless that that state law violates the Constitution as when the SCOTUS struck down capital punishment laws in various states. Or ruled that redistricting was gerrymandering in various states.

A state can write laws that meet or exceed the limits of Federal law if that new law does not specifically break Federal law and (that's what Federal and District courts are about) and if that new law is Constitutional.

A state can't make slavery legal. Deny the vote to any segment of the population like white males, legalize murder for example.

So, yeah a state can try to ban abortion, but so far the Supreme Court has thrown any outright bans out, and so far has ruled that most of the restraining sorts of regulations do not not pass Constitutional muster.
BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 04:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What get me is that even a complete ban on the federal level would only effect the bottom part of sociality as a plane ticket to more sane nations and abortion cost far less then one year of raising a child.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 05:00 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

What get me is that even a complete ban on the federal level would only effect the bottom part of sociality as a plane ticket to more sane nations and abortion cost far less then one year of raising a child.

I see. If you are poor you can't practice safe sex. I suppose since they think they are to dumb to get an ID it is too much to expect. At least in the Democrats opinion.
BillRM

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 06:03 pm
@coldjoint,
Your father or mother or both should go over with you that there are millions of babies who parents was using birth control.

Next we have the cases of minor children getting pregnant or women who find that their heath will not support carrying fetus to full terms after becoming pregnant.

Of course we have rapes and rapes also of minor children with incest at time thrown in.

But all this does not matter as it is not your or mine womb involved but the pregnant woman womb who have every rights to decide it use including accepting or not the discomfort and risk to life of trying to carry a fetus to full term,
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 06:47 pm
@BillRM,
That was part of the argument re: equal access.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 07:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The Constitution delegates the sole right to nominate people for SCOTUS to the president. There is nothing improper about him doing so. They could have done some better social distancing.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 07:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
Nominate, not order by fiat. The President proposes, Congress(in this case the the Senate) disposes. Nowhere does the Constitution say how long the process is: McConnell held up Obama's nominee for around 450 days and never put him up for a vote. Why is Trump's justice so important to cram thru, why wasn't Obama's?

Trump is every bit the lame duck Obama was whether you think so or not.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 07:41 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Your father or mother or both should go over with you that there are millions of babies who parents was using birth control.

Next we have the cases of minor children getting pregnant or women who find that their heath will not support carrying fetus to full terms after becoming pregnant.

Of course we have rapes and rapes also of minor children with incest at time thrown in.

But all this does not matter as it is not your or mine womb involved but the pregnant woman womb who have every rights to decide it use including accepting or not the discomfort and risk to life of trying to carry a fetus to full term,

Abortion has kept the Black population percentage at a steady 13% for the last one hundred years. Racists had the idea to make it available to everyone, but only the poor thought they needed it. The rich could always get one.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2020 07:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Why is Trump's justice so important to cram thru, why wasn't Obama's?

Mr. Obama's nominee was blocked as revenge for the Democrats mass blocking W's nominees in 2007-08.

Now that both party are even, there is no ethical reason to not go forward with confirmation of Mr. Trump's nominee ASAP.

That said, I think the Republicans would be strategically wise to wait until after the election. And then if the Democrats take both the White House and Senate, the Republicans should make a deal with them to let Mr. Biden fill the slot in exchange for a promise by the Democrats to not expand the number of seats on our courts.

If the Republicans manage to hold either the Senate or the White House (or both), then they can ram through confirmation in a lame duck session.
0 Replies

longly1

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2020 08:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
"Like it or not abortion is Constitutional and legal. If and when you all get to the SCOTUS and change that get back to me. The chances for a change on that is negligible it's just is not going to happen. The pendulum is swinging back."

I think you are right; I don’t see anything happening to abortion. Even if the issue went back to the states, I don’t see more than two or three states banning it. The culture has changed in the last few decades. Politically it is a non-issue; it doesn’t matter who sits on the Supreme Court; abortion is not going away. We will be lucky if Christianity is not banned.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2020 08:35 pm
@longly1,
Amazing what a wedge issue it was for Reagan. Now not so much.

Seriously. You think the Supreme Court will decide the First Amendment is unconstitutional? You almost got that nugget past me.