POLANSKI'S BIG FAT OSCAR NIGHT

Booman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:07 pm
Thanks D'artagnan,
...I can't for the life of me do that. Embarrassed Now everyone can see for themselves how badly, I misquoted him.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:38 pm
You guys! Can we drop the trivia?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 09:34 pm
Amen.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 09:43 pm
Trivia?...did I miss sometjing?
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 12:12 am
Give it up, Booman, statutory rape is considered a minor offense in most jurisdictions compared to violent crimes such as felony rape, robbery, or homicide. Anyone who doubts this only needs to ask a lawyer, a cop, or a judge. You people have now dragged this Polanski discussion out for one week with your nitpicking. As far as I am concerned, the subject is closed: his victim has repeatedly pleaded for leniency and that ought to be enough to shut up a bunch of moralizing hypocrites like you.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 12:22 am
Give up what? the part where I apologized for misquoting you. I realized a long time ago I was a bad person for ever questioning your unique intelligence.You're the greatest, Mr. Richette, I'll try to remember in the future to always agree with you, then I'll be a good person. Right?
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 12:04 pm
Booman, you insist on personalizing this debate. I am trying to talk about Roman Polanski, you insist on talking about me. Please notice that I am not talking about you. What I suggest you "give up" is this fruitless attempt to make Polanski's crime and punishment more heinous than they actually were. The Los Angeles DA's office negotiated a plea bargain to statutory rape. Period. Polanski was ready to take that plea. He would doubtless have gotten probation as a first offender. Then the trial judge, for reasons that had nothing to do with the merits of the case, decided to set aside the plea bargain and sentence Polanski far more harshly. At that point, Polanski, understandably unwilling to go to prison for years, fled the US. That is what happened and why it happened.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 12:29 pm
Booman, I suggest you take a quick trip to the dictionary, if you own one, and look up the meaning of the words "statutory rape." Then maybe you will understand the point I have been trying to make here for days despite the howling of you and the others.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 01:36 pm
Oh well Lola...you tried.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:21 pm
You're absolutely right Mr. Richette. You are no doubt the most intelligent, logical, and reasonable person, I have ever encountered. While you have been a complete gentleman throughout this disscusion, I have shown my total lack of prudence, and my arrogance by disagreeing with you. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I will try to never make that mistake again.

P.S. I looked up statutory rape, and the definition prooves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are right, and I am wrong.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:12 pm
Booman--instead of blathering on, either rebut me or shut the heck up. Why keep posting such drivel?
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:15 pm
Booman--I very much doubt you cracked the dictionary, because if you had, you would genuinely understand what the hell I have been trying to say for a week now. Instead you resort to schoolboy sarcasm.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 07:13 pm
When you're right, you're right Mr. Richette. Why call it drivel and sarcasm. when I am singing the praises of your brilliance? You are just being too modest, you ol' genius you.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 11:15 pm
Booman would rather post something idiotic than post nothing at all!
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 02:26 pm
You're right Mr.Richette, my last few posts have have been facetious, and insincere. The assertions I made towards you were completely unfounded.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 06:59 pm
Two can use the EDIT button, Booman!
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 10:27 pm
Vas sprechen du, mein Herr?
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 11:06 pm
Ich sage das du bist ein Scheisskopf und ein Dummkopf.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:03 am
You guys! Cut it out please.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:16 am
Aww Lola, you sure know how to take away a guys fun. Sad
0 Replies