Is there an Advanced Search feature on this site, and if so, how do I access it?

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 03:41 am
Hi. It seems that other people are able to retrieve posts I've made, and/or posts links to threads I created that I wasn't able to find using the Search functtion.

Is there an Advanced Search feature on this site? If so how do I access it? I want to be able to find posts I made and threads I created that for some reason I'm seemingly not able to find doing regular searches on this site.

Please help. Thank you

Region Philbis

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 03:54 am
@JGoldman10,

unfortunately, no.

sometimes googling what you're searching for yields better results than using the A2k search feature...
JGoldman10

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 04:40 am
@Region Philbis,
Well then I don't know how people are able to posts links to posts and threads I made when I'm not able to find them.
Region Philbis

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 05:47 am
@JGoldman10,

it's a puzzlement...
hightor

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 06:08 am
Region's correct about doing a google search. I'd actually forgotten about A2K for quite a while but rediscovered it when doing a search for information about the old Abuzz forum.

Otherwise figure out an approximate date for the thread you're looking for, go to the home page of a member who participated in the thread, and begin poring through their replies in the "My Recent Posts" section at the bottom of the page from around the period of the estimated date. Be prepared to spend a considerable amount of time.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 10:47 am
Slip a twenty to Robert and he'll do your research for you.

For a tenner, I'll make something up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:07 am
@JGoldman10,
It’s called forward thinking. When someone posts something particularly foul or stupid you make a note of it for the future.

That way when they claim to have said no such thing you can remind them of it.
tsarstepan

Mon 24 Aug, 2020 06:32 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

it's a puzzlement...

Maybe some people have Illuminati connections? Or the source code to the Matrix?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 09:39 am
@izzythepush,
How are you, Sturgis, Rebel and a few others able to retrieve my posts and threads when I'm not able to find them?
Rebelofnj

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 09:45 am
@JGoldman10,
Google advanced search options.

I search "JGoldman10 [relevant term] site:able2know.org"

I learned how to properly use Google years ago
izzythepush

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 09:55 am
@JGoldman10,
I don’t know. I've told you to go to your profile click on my topics and find it that way.

That’s what I do. I can’t speak for anyone else.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 03:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Good for you. I figured out how to do certain things being online.
Rebelofnj

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 03:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
Good for me for pressing the Google Advanced Search button 20 years ago?
tsarstepan

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 03:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Good for you. I figured out how to do certain things being online.

Yet, you keep asking these inane questions. Apparently, you haven't figured many things after so many years online.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 04:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
How..

I'm a certified genie genius.

If you use certain tags for your threads it can help in the search process. Other than that, a few folks claim that I possess an eidetic memory. (I don't, I merely have a good memory).
As to myself and izzy, there's one Sherlock Holmes wannabe on this site who claims he and me...or I, are the same person. (We aren't).

Tomorrow is Wednesday! (look it up if you are doubt-ridden)

JGoldman10

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 07:46 am
@Rebelofnj,
I meant it's good you've learned and/or figured out how to do certain things on and navigate your way through certain sites online presumably using certain tips and tricks and such. I assume you've gotten help by going to certain sites to know what to do. If so I've done all this too. I've been using Google since its debut. I've been using Advanced Search functions on certain sites. I not sure if I've ever used the Advanced Search function on Google or not. If I did I don't remember. Thank you for the tip.

It came to me when I was using the Dictionary.com Forums one day to see if there was a mobile app version of the site I could use on my phone. A lot of sites have mobile app versions. I discovered there was when I did a search for it on Google.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 26 Aug, 2020 08:37 am
@Rebelofnj,
I might have forgotten about Google's Advanced Search function. If so, thank you for refreshing my memory about it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 27 Aug, 2020 02:38 pm
@Sturgis,
Could someone look up where I can lookup if tomorrow is Thursday? Or at least definitely not Wednesday.
lmur

Thu 27 Aug, 2020 02:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Http://www.snopes.com/is_tomorrow-Thursday_no_of_course_it's_not_that's_today/whendidhepostthat#questionmark/oh_right/yesterday. Makes sense now.
lmur

Thu 27 Aug, 2020 02:50 pm
@lmur,
Ten seconds and no message of gratitude. BURN IN HELL BOBSAL!
0 Replies