Pardon Trump from all charges if he just leaves??

farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 09:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
there was that one politician last year who was impeached but was not removed from office.
That would have been Mr T,the president
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 09:40 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
US elected officials can be impeached and possibly removed from office for abuses of power.

The problem with impeaching the President is, Democrats think they are above the law and will not convict one of their own. Look at Bill Clinton's impeachment.

Impeachment doesn't work against legislators, although they can be disciplined or expelled by their own legislative body. But since Democrats place themselves above the law, expulsion won't work in the House where Democrats have the majority.

Perhaps the Republican majority should start expelling Democrats from the Senate though.
farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 09:49 am
@oralloy,
any expulsion action requires 2/3 of an expulsion "yea" vote. Even in presiential impeachments no-one has reached that yet and the reason Nixon left on his own was that he knew a 2/3 majority was there and would remove him and allow for criminal charges. He was informed so, by a portion of the Senate Select committee by Sen Goldwater.

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:12 am
@oralloy,
not too bright are we? the 2/3 vote is in THE CONSTITUTION SO please apply the same rules Ive given you about doing away with Constitutional Content?

Are you just playing dumb or are you normally this obtuse. You never have any fact backed arguments just bumper stickers about how smart you think you are.
Rebelofnj

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:13 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If so, the Republicans could change that rule with a simple majority vote.

Actually, it would require an amendment to the US Constitution to change that rule, as it states "no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present."
https://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_item/constitution.htm#a1_sec3
oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:25 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
not too bright are we?

You certainly aren't. My IQ is 170 however.

farmerman wrote:
the 2/3 vote is in THE CONSTITUTION

So it is. I stand corrected.

However, a simple majority can levy other punishments. Perhaps Republican senators can get creative. Public whippings perhaps?

farmerman wrote:
Are you just playing dumb or are you normally this obtuse.

You are the only stupid person here.

farmerman wrote:
You never have any fact backed arguments just bumper stickers about how smart you think you are.

That's another one of your lies. All of my arguments are backed with facts.
oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:26 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
Actually, it would require an amendment to the US Constitution to change that rule, as it states "no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present."

That is the section on impeachments.

However, it looks like the section on expulsions also requires 2/3.

"Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member."
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:32 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
You certainly aren't. My IQ is 170 however.

I'm always skeptical whenever someone mentions their IQ publicly.

JGoldman10 had said his IQ was over 150, and he was not well versed in many topics, as well as believing in the Illuminati and other conspiracy theories.
farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:33 am
@oralloy,
finally you look something up and dont try to continually rely on bluff.
oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:35 am
@farmerman,
You are the only person here who relies on bluff.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 10:36 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That's another one of your lies. All of my arguments are backed with facts
After you finally discover that what youve just been preaching is all wet.

Question remains
1.obtuse by genes?

2obtuse by show?

Choose 1
Rebelofnj

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 11:12 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
How well does JGoldman10 present his arguments? Does he rely on childish name-calling like certain other people on a2k?

Usually, he types in all caps whenever he gets angry and starts posting bible verses.

Whenever someone does challenge him on the Bible (like if he follows all laws in Leviticus), he either ignores the question or change topics.
izzythepush

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 11:18 am
@Rebelofnj,
In fairness he has a much wider vocabulary than Oralloy, as do most primates.
BillRM

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 11:21 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

farmerman wrote:
After you finally discover that what youve just been preaching is all wet.

The fact that expulsion isn't an option doesn't mean that other punishments are not an option.

Let's have the Republican majority start imposing public whippings on senators who called for the witch hunt against Mr. Trump.

farmerman wrote:
Question remains
1.obtuse by genes?
2obtuse by show?
Choose 1

You are the only stupid person here.

I think it's your genes.

So you worship this low life con man as a god similar to how some Germans worshiped Hitler it would seems.
farmerman

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:24 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I think it's your genes.

Explain how that woulld work?
izzythepush

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:35 pm
@farmerman,
The Kiss bassist is notoriously right wing, he supported Dubya’s illegal war in Iraq.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 03:18 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think he'd buy it. I suggest we float this by him and if he agrees, that will make the entire election thingy a mere formality. Trump wants SO MUCH OUT TO BE. He looks rehearsed in his casualness , and just flat run-over. Even his speeches are waay more tepid and lifeless.

What nonsense. I dare you to tell me one and only one criminal charge that could be brought against him. And, by the way, note that I said "only one." Don't cut and paste someone else's article here. I can paste in a link to the Library of Congress Web site and claim that it proves my point.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:12:44