Pardon Trump from all charges if he just leaves??

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
He deserves prison time for what he has done to our Republic. Actually, he deserves eternity in Hell for what he has done to our Republic.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their otherwise-endless abuses of the law to harm those who do not agree with them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:06 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I'm in a quandary about what to do with Trump, he certainly deserves to be prosecuted for his outrageous betrayal of the office.

No such betrayal.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their abuse of the law to harm people who disagree with them.

glitterbag wrote:
But then what? The idea of an American president sent to prison is deeply unsettling for me...are we really going to start putting people in prison instead of voting them out of office? Then I remember his treason sized crimes and outrageous abuses the likes of which this country has never seen.

No such crimes. No such abuses.

glitterbag wrote:
Now we are rudderless in the middle of a Pandemic. We all gasped when the death toll crept toward 70,000 but now that it is 172,000 I think we are just numb. Trump finds this all very boring...it's not what he likes to do..he likes to brag about the Stockmarket and what a financial wizard he is. It's malevolent, and shame on everyone who allowed this clown into the peoples house.

Aside from the fact that he is innocent of all your accusations, Mr. Trump protects everyone from the progressive menace. His leadership is good for this nation.
oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
We'll see how things go. SDNY is not going to just let things go easily. That is Trump's worst worry.

Like I said on the previous page:

Fire the prosecutors.

"If there is a man, there is a problem. If there is no man, there is no problem."
--Joseph Stalin

Mr. Stalin was talking of murdering people of course. I'm only talking of firing people. But the same principle should work with firing people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:32 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
You know, if we (Democrats) win the Senate and have the House majority then Trump could win the election and be impeached right away and this time he would most definitely be convicted.

Not a chance. The Republicans were gullible when the Democrats lynched Mr. Nixon.

The Republicans will never again agree to unjustly remove a Republican president from office.

CalamityJane wrote:
No need to pardon the bastard then!

It was already clear that this is not about crimes, but rather is about the fact that Mr. Trump doesn't agree with Democrats. But thanks for confirming it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
No downside? Trump Jr? Ivanka? Kushner? Their going unpunished and still possibly in play for politics ... no downside? There's more to stake than Trump and Biden.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put a stop to their abuses of power to harm people who disagree with them.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:39 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
I'm in a quandary about what to do with Trump

No such betrayal.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their abuse of the law to harm people who disagree with them.

glitterbag wrote:
But then what? The idea of an American president sent to prison is deeply unsettling for me...are we really going to start putting people in prison instead of voting them out of office?

No such crimes. No such abuses.

glitterbag wrote:
Now we are rudderless in the middle of a Pandemic. We all gasped when the death toll crept toward 70,000 but now that it is 172,000 I think we are just numb. Trump finds this all very boring...it's not what he likes to do..he likes to brag about the Stockmarket and what a financial wizard he is. It's malevolent, and shame on everyone who allowed this clown into the peoples house.

Aside from the fact that he is innocent of all your accusations, Mr. Trump protects everyone from the progressive menace. His leadership is good for this nation.

I should apologize to oral, I was trying to discuss my concerns about the condition we find our country in these dire times. I keep forgetting that although he has an extremely high IQ, he's entirely vapid when it comes to research, history or anything that is worth pondering. I suppose my 32 years protecting this country and trying to avoid banana republic policies have led me to be ignorant of all the ignorance passed along by the semi-smart, easily led, lump-muffins who stroke their resentments as if it were a birthright. I should be more understanding because thinking, researching, analysis are skills that you develop and it's not easy. It's not supposed to easy, I wish it was, but it's not. I envy oral at times, he easily jumps to a conclusion because he depends on others to think for him. I wish I could have made a living by just regurgitating bullshit, I could have worked shorter hours and never have to work shifts or 12 on 12 off.

Oh well, at least I'm not a Magpie.
oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:56 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I keep forgetting that although he has an extremely high IQ, he's entirely vapid when it comes to research, history or anything that is worth pondering.

"What is worth pondering" is a matter of opinion. However, I am quite competent at research and history.

glitterbag wrote:
I should be more understanding because thinking, researching, analysis are skills that you develop and it's not easy. It's not supposed to easy, I wish it was, but it's not.

Actually it is quite easy for me. I understand that it is not easy for most people however.

glitterbag wrote:
I envy oral at times, he easily jumps to a conclusion because he depends on others to think for him.

Wrong. I do all my own thinking. It's easy to tell this from your inability to find any untrue statements in my posts.

If I allowed others to think for me, there would be far more errors in my posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:58 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I still remember how divided the country was when Nixon resigned. Looking back I was just relieved he was out of office, but other folks thought it was a crime to give him a walk on all of the corruption.

No such corruption. The Democrats lynched Mr. Nixon over nothing.

glitterbag wrote:
Even though Nixon never really had to face the legal system the Republicans were furious he had to resign. Yes I know it was the Republican leadership that went to him and said it was time to hang it up, but for years afterward I remember so many folks grousing that Nixon got shafted, the Democrats were worse and generally simmering resentment that Nixon, the man they voted for, was forced out of office.

The Republicans are right to be furious. We should outlaw the Democratic Party to prevent them from ever doing this again.

glitterbag wrote:
This country has become more and more polarized with both sides at odds with no relief in sight. Since we no longer talk to each other....let's demonize each other....when that's not sufficient, let's prosecute each other, let's jail anyone who disagrees with us.....or let's form racially exclusive groups, kidnap, illegally try and execute anyone who displeases us.

That describes the Democratic Party perfectly. It is why the Democratic Party should be outlawed and abolished.

glitterbag wrote:
At the rate we are going, we will let uneducated, irrational extremists burn this country to ashes. But what if we don't hold everybody to account for their actions? What if the next President is even more craven and dismissive of the American way of life commits even worse crimes.

Mr. Trump has not committed any crimes. Just as with Mr. Nixon, the Democrats seek to destroy him solely because they disagree with his policies.

And speaking about not holding people to account, what about the pass that the Democrats gave to Bill Clinton for all the felonies that he committed in the White House? He got off with a $25,000 fine.

Even if it were ever proved that Mr. Trump had committed a crime, how about we just have him write a check for $25,000?
BillRM

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:34 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
I still remember how divided the country was when Nixon resigned. Looking back I was just relieved he was out of office, but other folks thought it was a crime to give him a walk on all of the corruption.

No such corruption. The Democrats lynched Mr. Nixon over nothing.

So once Nixon found out about the breaking and entering with electronic spy hardware being done for his benefit he try to cover up the crime using the power of the Presidential along with money laundering to try to buy silent is nothing at all??????
oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 01:51 am
@BillRM,
Correct. As the President he had every right to stop the investigation.
BillRM

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 05:43 am
@oralloy,
My lord at the time most of the members of congress from both parties did not agree with you that a president have the right to break laws himself to cover up crimes.

Hell it was a delegation of members of congress from the GOP including Goldwater who went to the white house and told Nixon that he needed to leave.
engineer

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 05:56 am
@BillRM,
I guess it is a sign of the times that not only must you ignore the crimes of the current president, you must retroactively exonerate previous criminals to remove any precedents.
Brandon9000

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 06:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think he'd buy it. I suggest we float this by him and if he agrees, that will make the entire election thingy a mere formality. Trump wants SO MUCH OUT TO BE. He looks rehearsed in his casualness , and just flat run-over. Even his speeches are waay more tepid and lifeless.

What nonsense. I dare you to tell me one and only one criminal charge that could be brought against him. And, by the way, note that I said "only one." Don't cut and paste someone else's article here. I can paste in a link to the Library of Congress Web site and claim that it proves my point.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 07:46 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
My lord at the time most of the members of congress from both parties did not agree with you that a president have the right to break laws himself to cover up crimes.

Ending an investigation is hardly breaking the law. And if it was, that law would be unconstitutional.

BillRM wrote:
Hell it was a delegation of members of congress from the GOP including Goldwater who went to the white house and told Nixon that he needed to leave.

The Republicans were gullible back then. They regret their mistake.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 07:47 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I guess it is a sign of the times that not only must you ignore the crimes of the current president, you must retroactively exonerate previous criminals to remove any precedents.

No such crimes. No such criminals. It's not a crime to disagree with progressives.

What is needed is a law abolishing the Democratic Party once and for all.
Rebelofnj

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 08:22 am
@oralloy,
You are very attached to the "Outlaw the Democratic Party" idea, based on the fact you mentioned it at least 7 times in 12 hours in this thread alone.

However, several questions arises:
*How does one even outlaw a political party without potentially violating the First Amendment?
*Do you mean to charge the leaders of the party, or all 45 million registered members?
*What's to stop former Democrats from starting a new political party with the same ideology? It is fairly easy to change parties without issue.
oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 08:30 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
You are very attached to the "Outlaw the Democratic Party" idea, based on the fact you mentioned it at least 7 times in 12 hours in this thread alone.

I only mention it when Democrats talk about committing abuses of power.

The real issue here is the fact that Democrats like to commit abuses of power.

Rebelofnj wrote:
*How does one even outlaw a political party without potentially violating the First Amendment?

The basis for outlawing the party would not be their political ideals, but rather would be their repeated abuses of power.

Rebelofnj wrote:
*Do you mean to charge the leaders of the party, or all 45 million registered members?

I hadn't thought about it, but off hand I would say no.

Rebelofnj wrote:
*What's to stop former Democrats from starting a new political party with the same ideology? It is fairly easy to change parties without issue.

I would hope that the outlawing of the Democratic Party would give this new party pause, and perhaps they would not be so eager to commit abuses of power.
Rebelofnj

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 08:41 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The basis for outlawing the party would not be their political ideals, but rather would be their repeated abuses of power.

Then why doesn't Trump just order Attorney General Barr, FBI director Christopher Wray (both appointed by Trump) and the Justice Department to charge the party leaders with abuses of power?

Trump did order Barr to investigate Hunter Biden's business dealings; it shouldn't be that hard to do the same for the Democratic leaders.
oralloy

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 08:54 am
@Rebelofnj,
I don't think abuse of power is an actual crime.

Perhaps it should be however.
Rebelofnj

Mon 26 Oct, 2020 09:18 am
@oralloy,
US elected officials can be impeached and possibly removed from office for abuses of power.

That is what happened to Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich, and there was that one politician last year who was impeached but was not removed from office.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:52:32