Pardon Trump from all charges if he just leaves??

izzythepush

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 12:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
All you have to do is tell him he’s been made ruler of the galaxy and he’ll happily climb into a rocket and be blasted off into space.

We’re going to have to start doing **** like this so our first generation of interstellar astronauts have some Star Trek type weirdness to encounter.
farmerman

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 01:04 pm
@BillRM,
This country has been so fucked ovr by him and his and polarized almost to civil war that playing cop to this guy and charging him with his honestly earned punishments could, in a weird sense , be just what hed love. Hes gonna miss all his notoriety when hes out, and we can maybe see whether hed try to negotiate his S NY district cases and "Bundle" them into this PARDON.

OR NOT Razz Razz

Either way, were rid of the fat ****
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 01:44 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Good idea.

He deserves prison time for what he has done to our Republic. Actually, he deserves eternity in Hell for what he has done to our Republic.

But prosecuting presidents after they leave office does have a Banana Republic feel to it...and the justice of the act might be more harmful than simply getting rid of the guy.

That's been weighing on my mind as well. Listening to Michael Flynn lead chants of lock her up was distressing. I'm in a quandary about what to do with Trump, he certainly deserves to be prosecuted for his outrageous betrayal of the office. But then what? The idea of an American president sent to prison is deeply unsettling for me...are we really going to start putting people in prison instead of voting them out of office? Then I remember his treason sized crimes and outrageous abuses the likes of which this country has never seen. Frankly, I wish he would just go away but that's not going to happen. The citizens of this country better take a long hard look at ourselves and figure out how it came to this. We placed a self-promoting fabulist who glories in chaos in the Oval Office...actually more likely plopped on a bed watching TV trying to see how many times he is spoken about in glowing terms.

Now we are rudderless in the middle of a Pandemic. We all gasped when the death toll crept toward 70,000 but now that it is 172,000 I think we are just numb. Trump finds this all very boring...it's not what he likes to do..he likes to brag about the Stockmarket and what a financial wizard he is. It's malevolent, and shame on everyone who allowed this clown into the peoples house.

I'm going through the same vacillations, G. At one moment I am in "lock him up" and an hour later, "It would be a bad precedent."

We'll see how things go. SDNY is not going to just let things go easily. That is Trump's worst worry.
Frank Apisa

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 01:45 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

All you have to do is tell him he’s been made ruler of the galaxy and he’ll happily climb into a rocket and be blasted off into space.

We’re going to have to start doing **** like this so our first generation of interstellar astronauts have some Star Trek type weirdness to encounter.

If only! Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 10:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

hi clamity

Hi farmerman Smile

You know, if we (Democrats) win the Senate and have the House majority then Trump could win the election and be impeached right away and this time he would most definitely be convicted. No need to pardon the bastard then!
farmerman

Thu 20 Aug, 2020 03:17 am
@CalamityJane,
thats a good idea too. there are many ways to bell this cat.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 20 Aug, 2020 06:51 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think he'd buy it. I suggest we float this by him and if he agrees, that will make the entire election thingy a mere formality. Trump wants SO MUCH OUT TO BE. He looks rehearsed in his casualness , and just flat run-over. Even his speeches are waay more tepid and lifeless.

Pleasant thought of him stepping down. I can see him throw everyone else under the bus (even Trump Jr, Kushner, and Ivanka).

Never going to happen. That's counter to his insane arrogance and dangerous narcissism.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 20 Aug, 2020 06:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I believe Biden should pardon Trump. Why not? Close this awful chapter and move on.

In 10 years, both Biden and Trump will be dead. There is no downside.

No downside? Trump Jr? Ivanka? Kushner? Their going unpunished and still possibly in play for politics ... no downside? There's more to stake than Trump and Biden.
farmerman

Thu 20 Aug, 2020 08:34 am
@tsarstepan,
remember all of trumps base will be dead also.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 20 Aug, 2020 11:04 am
First a month or two in the can.
farmerman

Tue 25 Aug, 2020 07:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
we give him an island say smaller than Pitcairn, (and just as far "off the grid", and bless it with no extradition treaties and then take away his citizenship and fit him up with an atomic GPS . Because you know hes earned it. Would that be a suitable compromise??
farmerman

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
s findings of additional potential evidence piles up via Mueller and later reports, Theres really a good chance that he will go through charges and possible jail time.
I really think we dont want a former pres in jail, it just looks like weve gone over the edge and become Chile
glitterbag

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 07:24 pm
@farmerman,
That's the thing that makes me choke. I still remember how divided the country was when Nixon resigned. Looking back I was just relieved he was out of office, but other folks thought it was a crime to give him a walk on all of the corruption. But Nixon was a slacker compared to what we see today. Even though Nixon never really had to face the legal system the Republicans were furious he had to resign. Yes I know it was the Republican leadership that went to him and said it was time to hang it up, but for years afterward I remember so many folks grousing that Nixon got shafted, the Democrats were worse and generally simmering resentment that Nixon, the man they voted for, was forced out of office.

This country has become more and more polarized with both sides at odds with no relief in sight. Since we no longer talk to each other....let's demonize each other....when that's not sufficient, let's prosecute each other, let's jail anyone who disagrees with us.....or let's form racially exclusive groups, kidnap, illegally try and execute anyone who displeases us.

At the rate we are going, we will let uneducated, irrational extremists burn this country to ashes. But what if we don't hold everybody to account for their actions? What if the next President is even more craven and dismissive of the American way of life commits even worse crimes. Trump has used financial ruin in the past to destroy private sector rivals, now he is asking the Federal workforce to sign loyalty pledges/Non-disclousure Agreement that attempt to bind them to him instead of service to the United States. So should he get legally gigged for turning assets of the US Govt into his private workforce, or do we give him a pardon and hope like hell another Trump (an even worse Trump) is not closing rapidly in our rear view mirror.

Everything seems ruinous to me right now. Trump loses and gets pardoned, Trump wins and continues to demonize and punish his non-fans, Trumps loses, goes on trial and is convicted .......... nothing seems good to me...any choice made only inflames the sense of resentment that has been cultivated and exploited by malignant forces.
oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Well, all the charges would take effect only AFTER he leaves office so this pardon would be unrecognized.

Wrong. Preemptive pardons work perfectly well.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Many examples of Trump using his power as president to enrich himself and family members is just one reason why the iron bars will be closing behind him.
Trying to get the UK to move large golfing events to courses that he own by having our ambassador lobbing the UK government on his behalf to do so.
That crime alone should be good for a few years.

What crime? Even if what you say is true, what law will have been violated?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
He will be tried because they have enoough evidence NOW to install a grand Jury in NY southern District.

Fire the prosecutors.

"If there is a man, there is a problem. If there is no man, there is no problem."
--Joseph Stalin

Mr. Stalin was talking of murdering people of course. I'm only talking of firing people. But the same principle should work with firing people.

farmerman wrote:
BRINGING CHARGES will be done in sevral bank fraud and mail fraud cases, Grand Larceny, and in the Presiential ranking he has the Deutsche Bank thingy to worry about, as well as the entire realm of emoluments .

Outlawing the Democratic Party will bring an end to their abuse of the law to harm people who disagree with them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
If Trump believes himself innocent, then why would he accept a pardon?

To prevent the Democrats from framing him for imaginary crimes like they did with Scooter Libby.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 08:35 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Yeah -- PROVEN WRONG.

That is incorrect. There was no collusion between Mr. Trump and Russia, and there was no collusion between "anyone close to Mr. trump" and Russia.

Barack Obama deliberately lied in order to launch an illegal investigation into his opponent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If Nixon had not been pardoned while his functionaries were prosecuted Trump may not have been quite so brazenly corrupt.

Mr. Trump is hardly corrupt.

izzythepush wrote:
The pardoning Of Nixon was an assault on democracy which enabled Trump.

That is incorrect. The assault on democracy was the Democrats unjustly forcing a president out of office.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Oct, 2020 09:04 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I think the degree of corruption in this administration is so widespread and so serious that to ignore it would be a bigger blow to the country than prosecuting it. I don't think saying "if you just go quietly like you're supposed to, we will ignore all that conspiracy against the US, personal enrichment, civil rights violations, etc. stuff."

No such crimes. No such corruption. No such conspiracy.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their abuse of the law to harm people who do not agree with them.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:36:39