Anyone got a good recipe for them ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,084 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 06:37 am
Yep, Ill get it to you this PM, My wife sez, the best corn fritters must be made with Canned Corn (like canned tomatoes work better for sauces than fresh ones)
She puts some smashed garlic in there and it comes out great, a meal all by itself.
0 Replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 05:51 am
I like to break two eggs into a bowl, and then add self raising flour, beating it until I have a fairly stiff sticky batter mixture (think cake mix). I add flavour with the flour depending upon my mood - a half teaspoon of minced chilli, the grated zest of a lime or some chopped spring onions. Then I mix in a drained can of sweetcorn.
I cook spoonfuls of the mixture in a non-stick frying pan with a little oil in, on a medium to high heat. It takes a little while to ensure the batter is cooked through. Alternatively, though less healthily, you can deep fry spoonfuls of the mixture. They cook very quickly, and what they lose in shape, they make up for in flavour, lol! I like to serve corn fritters with sweet chilli dipping sauce, yum!
0 Replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 05:52 am
PS It is also nice to add a little canned coconut milk into the batter if you have some available. But remember to add enough flour so that the batter is thick enough to stick around the corn kernels.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 05:18 pm
Yeah Thinkzinc and hello, you put some Lime in the Coconut and shake it all morning ?
0 Replies