I dont have white privilege, I have hard working, educated privilege.

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 12:26 am
I spend my free time on the internet educating liberals. Educating liberals is not an easy job.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 435 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

McGentrix

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 06:15 am
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

I spend my free time on the internet educating liberals. Educating liberals is not an easy job.

Ain't that the truth.
maxdancona

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 08:01 am
@McGentrix,
Mcgentrix, do you completely reject the idea of White privelege? It seems pretty obvious to me, as a White man with non-white children, that White people have quite a few things on their favor that lead to a signify economic and social advantage.

I think there is room for informed disagreement on what to do about the basic unfairness in our society. But to deny that there is White privelege nos ignorant.... It ignores basic reality.
McGentrix

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 08:20 am
@maxdancona,
Of course not, but I do think that the term is often misused. In my opinion, this is how I define it:

White privilege a built-in advantage, separate from one’s level of income or effort.

Do you disagree with my definition?

maxdancona

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 09:05 am
@McGentrix,
I agree with you. I even agree with you that often liberals misuse the term. I took some time to debate with myself whether I disagree with the word 'often' but with the ridiculous ideas about cultural appropriation coming from the left, I decided I can't even disagree with your wording.

I think Dr. Slipt is denying that White Privelege exists in any form.
Dr Sliptinschit

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 06:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

Is it white privilege when a white guy defends himself from a black attacker and progressives blame the white guy?
maxdancona

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 06:30 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
I think you are being silly. I prefer to talk to McGentrix.

If you were ever willing to engage in a thoughtful discussion, rather than this meaningless extremist mud throwing, I would be happy to join you.
Dr Sliptinschit

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 06:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I think you are being silly. I prefer to talk to McGentrix.

If you were ever willing to engage in a thoughtful discussion, rather than this meaningless extremist mud throwing, I would be happy to join you.

The truth can never be extreme.
maxdancona

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 07:31 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Every extremist on any side says that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 09:32 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:

Is it white privilege when a white guy defends himself from a black attacker and progressives blame the white guy?

Did you read the definition I supplied? Do you agree or disagree with my definition?
0 Replies