Some Folks, Like Chris Cuomo, Don't Get This

snood

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 08:35 am
Chris Cuomo puts into words the same corrosive sentiment that black people have had to endure for time immemorial. "Don't you DARE show normal anger."

Not only should black people expect to have to suffer insult and indignity -if not physical harm and legal threat - while trying to live equally. Not only that, but we are expected to "go high" if offended, to turn the cheek if done wrong, to give the benefit of a doubt if insulted.

Donald Trump has had no respect for the office he holds. He has spread vile lies about the Obamas for years. In answer to that, they would have been reacting like normal human beings if they didn't greet him warmly. If they had ignored him and stared straight ahead-JUST LIKE THE CLINTONS DID BY THE WAY- the next several news cycles would have spewed on about their "lack of grace" and "showing no class". You KNOW that's true.

Don Lemon says he would not have shook that rotten creep's hand. I wouldn't have. In this world though, the Obamas don't really have that freedom, do they?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 2,273 • Replies: 45

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 10:59 am
@snood,
So, are you saying, JUST because Obama is black, he was OBLIGATED to shake Trump's hand? And because the Clinton's are WHITE, they do NOT have that obligation?

That's far fetched. Grace and Humility aren't color-bound virtues. Billy choose not to extend his hand, that's on him as an individual, not because he's white. And it shows a very un-characteristic quality that I found rather odd. But hey, I'm not his mom, I don't get to dictate who plays nicely with each other.

I'm disappointed in all of them, Donny, Mel, Bill & Hil to NOT put away petty differences for two hours to greet each other with respect and reverence. But again, I'm not their mom. I'm just a registered voter.

And I'll remember that on vote day.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 11:23 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

So, are you saying, JUST because Obama is black, he was OBLIGATED to shake Trump's hand? And because the Clinton's are WHITE, they do NOT have that obligation?

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. The fact remains black people are expected in a far more dignified manner because if they don't the RW attack dogs hone in on them repeating the same lies and smears that go all the way back to slavery.

I'm not black, I don't know what it's like to be black. I don't know about all the levels of prejudice and discrimination black people have to endure every day. And there's no way I could know, or truly understand, what that's like. All I know is that I couldn't suffer it with the dignity that so many black people do every day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 11:26 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

absolutely

white people can - and do - get away with a lot more

every day in every way
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 12:37 pm
We have to stop petty **** like this.

An American President passed away. And it's going to happen to them some day. Some of them sooner than later -Carter, the other Bush, Hell even ole Billy doesn't look all that healthy. The Office of the President HAS to be the time where all their pettiness goes away. If Trump decides to be an ass, that's on him. If Clinton decides to snub Trump, that's on him too.

But to call this a white vs black issue? Bullshit.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 12:46 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

We have to stop petty **** like this.

But to call this a white vs black issue? Bullshit.

really?

recognizing that life as a POC in the US is different than life as a white person is petty ****?

I call bullshit on that.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 12:54 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm not falling for OP's racist crap. The CNN report showed a reporter, regardless of race, not wanting to shake hands with someone he feels is an idiot. OK, I buy that. It had nothing to do with race.

OP is making **** up. And you're buying that.
snood

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 01:01 pm
Thanks for the repartee everyone. And as I said in the thread title, some folks just really don't get it.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 01:04 pm
@snood,
Show me where, in that clip you played, did the reporter refer to race in any way.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 01:38 pm
@neptuneblue,
He didn't need to.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 01:40 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I'm not falling for OP's racist crap. OP is making **** up. And you're buying that.

It's good to know that there's no problem with racism in America because a white guy said so.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 01:42 pm
That’s so funny - the Clintons hate the Obamas ( and vice versa) and yet, for political sake, now act like long lost friends.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 01:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's good to know that there's no problem with racism in America because a white guy said so.

I didn't say there isn't a race problem in American. But to say the ONLY reason Obama shook Trump's hand is because he's black is race baiting.

The fact that they are/were Presidents themselves and that comes with its own set of obligations escapes your attention.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 03:50 pm
@neptuneblue,
Race baiting is a term used by racists. You might want to rethink your terminology.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 03:55 pm
@izzythepush,
You, sir, need to rethink your mindset. A Presidential handshake is a sign of respect, not disrespect to one's race.
oralloy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 04:05 pm
I advise the rest of the world to let liberal and black racists stew in their own bile and to not pay any attention to their false accusations of racism.

If they get violent, have the police (or National Guard, if necessary) pound them into submission. Otherwise just enjoy life without paying any attention to them or their antics.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 04:15 pm
@oralloy,
I call out bullshit every time I see it. Including yours.
snood

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 05:08 pm
To those who seem to doubt that race has
bearing on how society judges Presidential behavior in general, and specifically on our assessment of the behavior of President Obama and his wife in this case-
I would be (mildly) interested in their straightforward answer to one question:

Could President Obama get away with the same degree of bad behaviors (like speaking lewdly about women, encouraging followers to punch people, calling countries shitholes, calling the White House a dump, lying daily and constantly - to name a few things) as Donald Trump has?

oralloy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 05:10 pm
@neptuneblue,
Can you point out a single fact that I am wrong about?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 05:28 pm
@neptuneblue,
You need to stop using racist terminology and dismissing the accounts of people who know considerably more about the subject than you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Some Folks, Like Chris Cuomo, Don't Get This
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:59:29