Golf:A sport or not?

cash3

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:25 pm
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Cash my bad it's more like walking in your backyard all day soaking in the sun with a knapsack (with nothing in it) on your back.

Well if your back yard has several hills and obstacles to walk around, "nothing" means clubs, balls, water, and other equipment you must carry in your "knapsack", and you walk in your yard for miles at a time while swinging your arms 3+ times periodically, then you hit the nail on the head.

Oh and let us not forget that during all that "nothing," you still have to have the ability to hit the ball hundreds of yards and make it in a little bitty hole.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:03 pm
cash3 wrote:

Well if your back yard has several hills and obstacles to walk around, "nothing" means clubs, balls, water, and other equipment you must carry in your "knapsack", and you walk in your yard for miles at a time while swinging your arms 3+ times periodically, then you hit the nail on the head.

Oh and let us not forget that during all that "nothing," you still have to have the ability to hit the ball hundreds of yards and make it in a little bitty hole.

Your backyard must be big.
0 Replies

cash3

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 10:19 pm
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
cash3 wrote:

Your backyard must be big.

No I was referring to you saying that its like walking around a yard all day with a knapsack. Not the size of my yard, if anything the statement was about yours.

Also, why would the knapsack have nothing in it? Don't you carry golf clubs?
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 10:02 pm
cash3 wrote:

No I was referring to you saying that its like walking around a yard all day with a knapsack. Not the size of my yard, if anything the statement was about yours.

Also, why would the knapsack have nothing in it? Don't you carry golf clubs?

Okay, my bad I meant my backyard (which isn't that big by the way) with a knapsack full of clubs.
0 Replies

cash3

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:23 pm
So now taht we're clear on the activities of golf, do you still say it's not a sport?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:42 pm
I shot a 79 yesterday!

I don't break 80 very often!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:52 pm
if frank sez its a sport, its gotta be a sport... dammit!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:44 pm
Frank thinks arguing with Christians is a sport.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:56 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Frank thinks arguing with Christians is a sport.

And damn near as much fun as golf....although not nearly as difficult.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 03:40 pm
And there's no "out of bounds."
0 Replies