Where is the best place to go?

sman27

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:07 pm
We are looking for a warm, pretty, quiet, place with a nice beach, not too crowded, swimup bars, in room jacuzzi's would be nice, safe, lots too do, stuff to watch. We're thinking about Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, and Bermuda, but have no idea where to go. We're planning on a trip in December and if anyone has been to these as well as hawaii, compare them please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,417 • Replies: 17
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:21 pm
Hawaii has some of the nicest beaches in the world. I'm not so sure that Cabo has good beaches. Between Cancun and Bermuda, I would suggest a little homework on the web to find out what both offers in terms of what your interests are. Never been to Bermuda, but with the triangle....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:22 pm
Here's a link on Cancun. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-191501855-cancun_vacations-i
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:24 pm
Here's a link on Bermuda. http://www.bermudatourism.com/docs/index2.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:26 pm
Best beaches of Hawaii. http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=best%20beaches%20of%20hawaii
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:27 pm
Cabo beaches. http://www.cabosanlucasbeaches.com/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:41 pm
Don't know where you live, but here's a flight deal you should take advantage of. New York Kennedy, NY to Bermuda, Bermuda $199
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:31 am
I have been to both Cancun and Cabo. I have done a lot of research into Bermuda as well, but never personally traveled there. If you are looking for lowest price I would suggest Cabo - flight may be more if you are on the east coast (assuming you are in the US), but everything else would be cheaper. Next in price is Cancun. I know that Bermuda is very expensive for hotels and food, however, you may get a good price for a flight if you are located on the east coast. Now Hawaii would be expensive for all (at least my understanding).

As far as beaches - Cabo would definitely be the least pretty. All the others have beautiful beaches and Bermuda even has pink sand beaches. I would imagine that none of beaches are too crowded unless you go during a vacation time (end of December). You may have to look into temperature in December for Bermuda as it is not as far south so during certain times of year it may be a little cool for swimming. I believe in December it may be o-k.

As all these locations, except Cabo, has many resorts - large to small - I would imagine you would be able to find any amenities that you are looking for so just do a hotel search once you decide on a location. As far as safety, Bermuda is fairly safe, Cancun is - if you stay within the resort area (which is a huge area). Again I would say that Cabo is the least safe, but not uncomfortably so.

I know that Cancun has tons to do and see. You can take a trip to the ruins. You can take a boat to Isle Mejuries (sp?) or go a little further to Cozmel for the day. All the typical water sports and so many places to go out at night. On the other hand Cancun is probably the most built up.

I would suggest if you go to Cancun to stay at a resort further at the end of the strip of resorts. We did this on our honeymoon. That way you are on the quieter end, but a short bus or taxi ride to the more party end of things.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:11 am
Cancun has some of the biggest white sand beaches I have ever seen. There are many resorts there too, and price-wise probably can win hands down. Beach and pool bars are plentiful.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:24 pm
You could always look into the Maldives....best kept secret around so don't tell everyone! Smile

http://www.visitmaldives.com.mv/index.php
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:32 am
I came across this today and thought you might want to check it out too. Smile

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7634445/
0 Replies

clairedan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 10:51 pm
Re: Where is the best place to go?
My suggestion is: Saipan Island (in west pacific ocean) .
That's my dreaming place for honey moon Embarrassed
0 Replies

clairedan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 10:54 pm
Lady J wrote:
I came across this today and thought you might want to check it out too. Smile

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7634445/

But these are really cool~
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 11:04 pm
if you're thinking about Hawaii, find out what the weather's like in December. i was on Kauai last December, and it rained a lot.
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 05:19 am
Re: Where is the best place to go?
sman27 wrote:
We are looking for a warm, pretty, quiet, place with a nice beach, not too crowded, swimup bars, in room jacuzzi's would be nice, safe, lots too do, stuff to watch. We're thinking about Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, and Bermuda, but have no idea where to go. We're planning on a trip in December and if anyone has been to these as well as hawaii, compare them please.

If you're thinking Cancun (why did I accidentally write Cuncus?) and quiet, i'd suggest either Playa del Carmen or a resort near Tulum (Zamas?). These places are not located on an island, so you still have the mobility to visit some other places, including the islands of Cozumel and/or Isla Mujeres and the city of Cancun, but are still pretty quiet - especially near Tulum.

If you're not interested in the mobility, but just want to relax, i'd either go for Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or a beach resort near Tulum ...

I (unfortunately) can't compare the Yucatán Peninsula with Hawaii or the Bahamas, but I know the peninsula fairly well, and I love it. The best time I spent in Playa del Carmen, but it isn't really quiet I quess, at least not in a Lord of the Flies-sort of manner.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 09:03 am
Consider Cozumel instead of Cancun. There's nothing quiet about Cancun. I'm particularly fond of San Pedro, Belize. It's tourist friendly, fabulous beaches, food, diving/snorkeling, day trips to Mayan ruins, etc.

Depending on where you're travelling from (east coast vs west coast departure) the trip getting there can be a hassle. I went to Maui but the flight wasn't worth it, when there are beautiful beaches much closer to home.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 09:24 am
Cuba
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 11:37 am
Just returned from Bali on September 9, and found our hotel-resort, the Le Meridien, to be fantastic for what they offer for reasonable prices. If you can find airfare to Bali for a bargain, I recommend Bali, except they recently had a bombing again that killed 22 people - 2 Americans.

They have a garden-swimming pools-bars-restaurants in their garden that is simply like paradise next to the ocean. If you enjoy golf, they also have a golf course. You can get a 45-minute massage for US$24. It's just heaven on earth, and I highly recommend Bali's resort hotels. BTW, they have security into the hotel, so it's pretty much terrorist safe.
0 Replies