What name should the Washington Redskins go by now?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 01:26 am
@glitterbag,
Off the top of my head I can’t remember exactly, but I think there were about three or four derivations that were vying for being the first use.

The one I remember was the stunt pilot explanation, that if something goes wrong doing a loop the loop the path of the plane becomes pear shaped. It wasn’t the only one though and I think your candidate was in there too.
0 Replies

visceral

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 11:32 pm
@nacredambition,
washington reedkins
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 11:53 am
The Washington Fourskins.

To represent the the four distinct races of humanity.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2023 02:29 am
Both Manchester City and Manchester United Football clubs, and the City of Manchester itself have sailing ships in their logo.

These are long established, but it has recently emerged that they were bringing cotton from slave labouring plantations to Manchester, and therefore associated with the slave trade.

There is some debate with many claiming it's just a symbol of free trade, but free trade back then was linked to slavery.

It's more subtle thn Washington's name/logo, but it's still there.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2023 02:17 pm
Washington Wussies
Washington wifebeaters
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2023 03:59 pm
@Ragman,
Just curious. Are you aware that they already chosen a name? They're the Washington Commanders now.
Ragman

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2023 04:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Of course I am. I follow sports closely. This is obvious (to most) a tongue-in-cheek shot at Snyder and the former-Skinnies.
0 Replies