This has to be scary - guy follows and confronts black woman

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 09:26 am
‘Is it because I’m Black?’: Black Groveland resident says she was followed and confronted by white man

So thankful that there was a concerned person that helped her out. The guy is a complete idiot - not to mention he says he lives there but yet as the woman who helped out noted - he has New Hampshire licence plates.

"...Groveland resident Julia Santos, who is Black, is approached while in her vehicle by a white man in a silver BMW convertible, who pulls up alongside her.

At first, the man questions why she was in the neighborhood, and she tells him about the dog food.

“Quite frankly, I don’t feel safe right now,” she says.

“You don’t feel safe? I don’t feel safe with you driving around my neighborhood,” he says.

Then, someone off camera confronts the man, and he soon pulls away..."

For full article and video.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2020/07/01/black-woman-followed-confronted-white-man-groveland
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 1,594 • Replies: 64

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:22 am
@Linkat,

that racist jerk's name and address are now all over the place on social media.

gotta love the internet...
hightor

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:22 am
@Linkat,
What a jerk. Doesn't "feel safe" because a black woman drives through his neighborhood. Idiots like that should be sentenced to community service — wearing blackface.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

that racist jerk's name and address are now all over the place on social media.

gotta love the internet...

well and he could be in trouble with state taxes and RMV - if he does live in that neighborhood avoid MA taxes and excise and yeah our car insurance is so much higher in MA so insurance fraud as well.

Well deserved for him to get in trouble.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 12:17 pm
@Region Philbis,
OH my goodness - they post his name and job - assuming this is accurate - wonder if he will lose his job. You can look up the name and clearly see he does work where it states as his position is high enough a quick search shows it.

Crazy - not sure if I am starting to feel a bit bad for him - plain old stupid on his part - he could lose his job as well as his daughter's business as he was part owner in it.

On the other hand how can you have such a high level job and be this dumb! At my company we have had numerous video discussions on being aware and sensitive just about unconscious bias forget about straight out in your face racist.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 12:37 pm
@Linkat,

he knew he was being recorded, but that didn't stop him from harassing her...
Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 12:41 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

How can someone that has a high level job (which should be someone pretty smart) be so dumb
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 01:18 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Region Philbis wrote:

How can someone that has a high level job (which should be someone pretty smart) be so dumb

This like a gift but I am restraining myself.....
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 01:19 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Not like he's President, or anything.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 01:36 pm
I know that there are people who say "this is terrible but they shouldn't lose their job" and I'm mixed about that. The woman in Central Park who called the police on a birder because he asked her to leash her dog - fire her. It's not that she is a racist although that's bad enough, it's about integrity. She was a portfolio manager likely in charge of hundreds of millions in investments. If she thought nothing of falsifying a police report because someone asked her to follow rules, do you trust her to follow the rules around fiduciary responsibility or proper accounting? People can be racists and still do a good job, keep their heads down and spew their hate on their own time but if you have to work with or manage diverse people or you show yourself as lacking integrity in a role that requires it, it's hard for a business to justify the risk of keeping you on.
mark noble

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 07:54 am
@Linkat,
That's NOT Scary.

What's 'Scary' (Not to me - I give not a toss for any of you, whatever colour, gender or derivitive thereof you happen to be) is that you are all willingly directed by 'singular' narratives.

My Advice to You All... Is...

Have A Lovely Day
Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 09:02 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

That's NOT Scary.

What's 'Scary' (Not to me - I give not a toss for any of you, whatever colour, gender or derivitive thereof you happen to be) is that you are all willingly directed by 'singular' narratives.

My Advice to You All... Is...

Have A Lovely Day

It would be scary to me to have a man following me ... then understanding that you do not want him to know where you live you turn down another street just to realize you are got on a dead end street where he has cornered you -

Yeah that is scary you do not know if this crazy angry man is carrying a gun or what is a capable of especially as a young woman.
mark noble

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 09:35 am
@Linkat,
The odds of All those factors occuring, in order for your MOST nightmarish scenarios' .......

Needy people NEED.

Neither I, Nor Anyone Else Exists to preserve you or direct you in ANY way, whatsoever.

My advice to you is...

Have A Lovely Day
Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 09:44 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

The odds of All those factors occuring, in order for your MOST nightmarish scenarios' .......

Needy people NEED.

Neither I, Nor Anyone Else Exists to preserve you or direct you in ANY way, whatsoever.

My advice to you is...

Have A Lovely Day

Mark Noble are you a white male?
This is exactly what BLM is discussing - you are unable to understand this position - you see no danger in the situation - but it is a reality.

You are not a young woman - big difference. (forget about adding a young black woman).

As a older teen - 17 years old; just a little younger than this young woman appears to me - I had the same neighborhood man try to molest me - fortunately I yelled at him and there were other people nearby that walked towards us and he got nervous and left.

Had another flash me as I was walking by ---

It really is not rare for an older man to get aggressive to a younger woman - she had a reason to be scared.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 09:56 am
@Linkat,
Sidenote: Being aware of your 'surroundings' is important - Being 'Focused' on the potency of 'Error' in midst of such - Is detrimental to generative experience.

The 'Horror-predicate' is 'Self-induced'.

Chill-out, Link.

I, for one, Am Not out to Rape, kill or otherwise burden you.
Have A Lovely Day
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 12:49 pm

Groveland police seeking criminal summons against man accused of following woman

The 65-year-old Groveland man, whose name will not be released, will be charged with disorderly conduct
and disturbing the peace, Groveland Police Chief Jeffrey T. Gillen said in a statement on Thursday...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 01:04 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I, for one, Am Not out to

Empathise or understand.
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 06:47 pm
She is lucky she wasn't a white girl in a black neighborhood.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 07:49 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:

How can someone harass this guy if he broke no laws? Cancel culture assho;es.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 06:09 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
The woman in Central Park who called the police on a birder because he asked her to leash her dog - fire her. It's not that she is a racist although that's bad enough, it's about integrity. She was a portfolio manager likely in charge of hundreds of millions in investments. If she thought nothing of falsifying a police report because someone asked her to follow rules, do you trust her to follow the rules around fiduciary responsibility or proper accounting?

She didn't falsify anything at all.

She lost her job and is being prosecuted because Democrats want black people to be free to attack white people with impunity.

If Joe Biden is elected, the federal government will see to it that white people will be raped and murdered all over the country.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » This has to be scary - guy follows and confronts black woman
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:07:15