@JGoldman10,
Quote:
That's a form of rebellion.

Then stop.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 05:57 am
@JGoldman10,
A rebellion against religious beliefs would be more tolerable if you were a teenager.

Except you are a grown adult and have repeatedly told many people here and elsewhere to follow the word of God and be Saved.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 09:36 am
@Rebelofnj,
Christians have the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a Christian's moral compass and guide; their voice of reason. The Holy Spirit tells Christians what they should do and shouldn't do and convicts Christians of whatever they are doing that is wrong.

A lot of Christians rebel because they are aren't listening to the Holy Spirit. You're correct. It's bad to be rebellious.

If a Christian rebels against the Holy Spirit they are rebelling against God.

Adult Christians should have more sense.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 09:40 am
@Rebelofnj,
Teenage Christians or Christians of any age should not rebel against the Holy Spirit. It's not more "tolerable" for younger Christians to rebel because they are younger.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 09:48 am
@Rebelofnj,
I hope you are not being ageist.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 09:57 am
@JGoldman10,
No. I'm not being ageist.

However, it is a very common occurrence, for the last several thousand years, that teenagers go against their authority figures for one reason or another.
This is partly due to teens not yet reaching mental maturity and not realizing the consequences of their actions. Because of that, teens are given some leniency and avoid severe punishment, most of the time.

That kind of leniency is not given to adults as many should know the consequences if they rebel or break any laws/ social customs.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 09:58 am
@JGoldman10,
If adult Christians have more sense, then why are you rebelling and doing what Christians shouldn't be doing?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 10:31 am
@Rebelofnj,
I got Saved at a young age. As I said before I had certain ideas for cartoon and comics ideas I wanted to produce and I wanted to produce them a certain way. My mother got on my case about this because the Holy Spirit led her to do so. If it wasn't for the Holy Spirit she would not have gotten involved.

I kind of resented her for getting involved.

The points she made were that Christians aren't supposed to try to do what the world does and she should not attract the world. Christians should not sell out and compromise being good Christians in order to make a lot of money and be successful.

I told my mother I used to watch a lot of violent cartoons in my youth and that that never prompted me to go out and do anything violent.

She said but that influence showed up in my work.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 10:41 am
@Rebelofnj,
I know about "age of accountability".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 10:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
I told my mother I used to watch a lot of violent cartoons in my youth and that that never prompted me to go out and do anything violent.

Does watching fart fetish videos prompt you to go out and drop your guts?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 11:25 am
@Rebelofnj,
I was actually trying to get some cartoon and comics material developed that I could showcase online. My mother got wind of my work.

I feel like I almost let my mother completely talk me out of getting an online cartoon and comics career going.

People in this day and age don't need to go work for any animation studios to have a career in animation, or work for some comics publisher and/or syndicate to have a career in comics.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 11:41 am
@JGoldman10,
You have said this to me many times before, either in emails, private messages, on Yahoo, or here on this site.

Is it necessary to keep repeating the same information to me?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
No.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

If adult Christians have more sense, then why are you rebelling and doing what Christians shouldn't be doing?

That stems from being lazy, being carnal and not keeping one's mind on Christ.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 03:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Until you can get your own brand of Christianity in order, and cease your sinful ways, you'd perhaps best not attack others for what you think they have done wrong. I believe that would go under the biblical account of not trying to remove something from another's eye, when something even larger is in your eye. Or, let the one without sin, cast the first skillet! (or stone if you have no skillet)
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 04:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I still think my mother was being somewhat ignorant. Covid-19 pandemic and crisis or not I still need to make a living.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 05:09 pm
@Sturgis,
I never thought and/or said I was better than anyone on this site or on any other sites I've ever been on.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 10:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
Ha!

Go back and peruse your posts.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 04:53 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I didn't have a normal upbringing but I hope you weren't comparing me to any teenagers.

I have not been a teen since the '90s.

I was never a juvenile delinquent and I never had a criminal record.

There had been a few times I was tempted to do stuff to certain people when I was out in public, but as a Christian I know I couldn't do that. I also didn't want to get into any serious trouble with any cops. I don't want to get fined or jailed.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 05:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I have passed by rude, crazy and/or weird-acting people in the street a number of times. A few times I was tempted to respond but I chose not to.