Cannot Rate Any Post

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:19 am
Not that I necessarily want to, but I cannot help noticing that this morning, the thumbs up and thumbs down icons that allow a member to rate a post are missing in every thread. Is this a site malfunction?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,141 • Replies: 17

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:34 am
@Brandon9000,
Other people have complained about it in the past. I think it’s a glitch that periodically affects individual posters.

I’ve never had a problem. Maybe the solution is to move to the UK.

Seriously though, I think it’s something that will sort itself out.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
I didn't know that. I appreciate your help.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 04:43 am
@Brandon9000,
You might still be able to vote things up and down. Some posters found that the thumb icons had disappeared but if they clicked where they usually were the function still worked.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 05:04 am
@izzythepush,
You're right! I just voted your post up. Thanks again.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 05:09 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Not that I necessarily want to
c'mon, you know you want to...

Wink
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 05:41 am
@Brandon9000,
Thank you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 07:24 am
@izzythepush,
Okay.

I noticed that my thumbs up and down were missing.

But I took your advise, Iz...and clicked where it normally would be...and drove your thumbs up to 4.

Thanks.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:54 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Not that I necessarily want to, but I cannot help noticing that this morning, the thumbs up and thumbs down icons that allow a member to rate a post are missing in every thread. Is this a site malfunction?

Not a malfunction as it's been happening to some degree over the past several months. Not the ability to thumb up or down but the general system is in flux.

What's up with the Up/Down thread/posts system?

I suspect Robert and whoever is developing a2k is pushing for this system-wide change. It's fine with me. What really bothers me is that NO ONE is telling us anything. Years of activity and loyalty to the site and zero transparency about any potential change and reformatting.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:55 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You might still be able to vote things up and down. Some posters found that the thumb icons had disappeared but if they clicked where they usually were the function still worked.

Okay, it took a bit of wandering my mouse around. A little bit more than it has to find the thumbs up after it temporarily disappeared.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 08:58 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
I suspect Robert and whoever is developing a2k is pushing for this system-wide change.

I don't think they're paying a2k any mind and are letting it die a somewhat natural death
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:07 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:
I suspect Robert and whoever is developing a2k is pushing for this system-wide change.

I don't think they're paying a2k any mind and are letting it die a somewhat natural death

Transparency, in this case, would still be appreciated. It would be appreciated to be let in on how much longer a lifespan a2k has before they decide to ... just euthanize the server. Keeping a forum like this has to cost money. If the site's management doesn't want to upkeep it, at what point will they just shut it completely down?

Still? I'm not so sure that this current voting system glitch is due to neglect. They always sporadically been threatening a system overhaul (graphically and/or otherwise) over the past several years. I suspect this is one change that maybe they're having a difficult time perfecting/putting it into play passed these rare few beta-adjacent testing periods.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:30 am

i can see thumbs by accessing the site on my smaaht phone...

https://imgur.com/lsolPop.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:47 am
@Region Philbis,
That's an interesting observation. This forum isn't necessarily that smartphone friendly. Not that I rather there be a separate mobile browser graphic layout alongside a full desktop browser compatible site layout we've been using for years.

But I can see how people would like to use a more simplified version on their phone. Which I suspect maybe that's what they're trying to achieve as part of a site overhaul.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:52 am
@tsarstepan,

what ehBeth said...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 10:45 am
@ehBeth,
I agree. They seem to be allowing its orbit to decay. Its sad but I understand as all three forums attached to a2k are about member depleted. Its us enthusiastic few keeping it going.

I'm glad they aren't just pulling the plug.

I think the big mistake was suspending permanently so many in the beginning and trying to make this work with no ad income or "dues".
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 02:32 pm
The up and downvoting is still there, as some have noted. The space where it should reside is missing the little thumb graphic. So how or wherever the file is stored online may not be available (much like how he gravatar site stores our profile’s graphics file). FWIW, it’s visible now.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 05:14 am

the thumbs have vanished again.

unlike last time, i cannot see them on my phone either...
0 Replies