1

How We *Met* In the Real World

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 03:58 pm
Sharing how we or other a2kers met in the real world. Make up a fabricated story. That's right just make it up.

I'll be the first person. The next person will make up a brief fabricated story* on how, when, and why we met in the real world.

The next person will make up his or her answer on how he or she met the poster above his or her post. AND SO FORTH.

*Write two or three short sentences. Similar posting structure to alphabetical and other word games.

This rippoffed from a Facebook chain letter-adjacent post (below for context):
I have been considering cleaning up my FB friends list; if you can’t pass this you’re gone. Plain and simple everyone, PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS: I would like my Facebook Friends to comment on this status, sharing how we met. But I want you to LIE. That's right just make it up. And after you comment, copy this to your status, so I can do the same. I bet HALF of you won't read the instructions right.

Brandon9000

3  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 04:43 pm
A couple of years ago, my wife and I were leaving New York where we had been on vacation for two weeks. My home town is nearby and we take a vacation there every few years. We were in a cafeteria in LaGuardia Airport waiting for our plane to start boarding when I noticed a young middle aged man wearking an Able2know t-shirt. He was reading a paperback copy of "Fahrenheit 451." I walked over and said that I posted here too and asked if you were anyone whose A2K nickname I might know. You identified yourself and we basically exchanged pleasantries for two minutes. That makes you the only A2K member whom I have met in the real world.

3  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 04:47 pm
I saw you peeking through a knothole in a wooden fence. I asked you to share the view. You stepped aside and as I looked through that magical portal you kicked out a board so we could look unobstructed to our hearts' content.

3  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 04:51 pm
You opened for me at Woodstock.