6
   

Is Minneapolis in a state of emergency ?

 
 
maxdog
 
Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 05:26 pm
Is Minneapolis in a state of emergency without a police HQ that police have fled out?

How is the 2 meters social distancing is respected also in Washington ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 923 • Replies: 91

 
oralloy
 
  2  
Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 06:07 pm
I don't know if there is an official "emergency" category that has been invoked.

But the governor has called the National Guard out to secure the city. I'd call it an emergency.
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  2  
Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 06:54 pm
@maxdog,
- Yes, Minneapolis is in a state of emergency. No, it's not due to the police station. There are many police centers in a city that size.
- Social distancing is respected by some people and not others in just about every city that I've seen.
maxdog
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 10:46 pm
I thought so , very sad when it s about a stupidity of one man because he thought you can arrest a person like that. So the military is there . And I don t know what does it have to do stealing from shops with the protest, they are doing like the jungle.
maxdog
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 10:48 pm
@engineer,
It s a bigger issue with the virus now and no one mention that . A foot ball game in Italy exploded the virus they said .
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 07:48 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

I thought so , very sad when it s about a stupidity of one man because he thought you can arrest a person like that. So the military is there .


It’s not about the stupidity of one man, it’s about a culture where police can behave with impunity.

It’s not a one off by any means, it’s the latest of a long sorry number of African Americans dying in police custody, like Michael Brown and Eric Garner.

African Americans are regularly arrested for things that white people get away with and there’s the disproportionate effect Covid 19 has on African Americans.

Either you don’t understand or appreciate what’s happening or you’re deliberately misrepresenting things.
BillRM
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 08:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

maxdog wrote:

I thought so , very sad when it s about a stupidity of one man because he thought you can arrest a person like that. So the military is there .


It’s not about the stupidity of one man, it’s about a culture where police can behave with impunity.

It’s not a one off by any means, it’s the latest of a long sorry number of African Americans dying in police custody, like Michael Brown and Eric Garner.

African Americans are regularly arrested for things that white people get away with and there’s the disproportionate effect Covid 19 has on African Americans.

Either you don’t understand or appreciate what’s happening or you’re deliberately misrepresenting things.



Strange that with all the news coverage on this sad event the majority news have not reveal the following.

It is still murder under the cover of the law but still it would be nice if the news cover such following information.

Quote:
George Floyd was a 46-year-old African-American man. In 2009, Floyd was sentenced to five years in prison for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. Floyd moved to Minnesota around 2014. He lived in St. Louis Park and had worked in nearby Minneapolis as a restaurant security guard for five years.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 08:18 am
@BillRM,
Why is that relevant?

Like you said he’d held down a job for five years and wasn’t being remotely aggressive at the time of his arrest.

One might say you're deliberately trying to demonise the victim.
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  2  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 08:26 am
@BillRM,
Why do you think any of that is relevant? If you think that is relevant what about the rest of his history over the last 10+ years? Did he help children, coach little league, sing at church? Was he a great coworker, trusted friend, compassionate husband? Or is the positive not worth reporting?
BillRM
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 08:45 am
@engineer,
Sure I would love to get all manner of information on everyone involved but why do you think that being at least at one time a dangerous felon should not be cover?

No that does not mean that the police officers does not deserve punishment for what appear to be a murder under the color of law

By the way if the gentleman had been a chorus boy with no criminal past do you think for one moment that would not be cover in details?
engineer
 
  3  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 08:56 am
@BillRM,
Because it's clearly not applicable. The guy was cuffed, laying on the ground, helpless, saying he can't breathe before ceasing to talk before ceasing to live, all while the man holding him down keeps up intense pressure on his throat. His history doesn't help you understand what you see in that video. What is applicable is the officer's history of 18 complaints filed against him with two reprimands. That gives the video a little context.

And yes, I think if Floyd had been a choir boy with an absolute stellar history we'd be hearing about how his mother was arrested for drugs in the 80s.
maxdancona
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:11 am
@BillRM,
I agree with you Bill. I think people are confusing law with journalism.

It is not applicable in terms of the actions of police. This criminal history should not be brought up at trial and should not be considered by the jury.

It is applicable in terms of good journalism. People need to hear the whole story in order to understand the society we all share.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:19 am
@BillRM,
If he had been a chorus boy, whatever the **** that’s supposed to be, you probably wouldn’t have mentioned it.

You need to ask yourself why you’re looking for things that have no bearing on the incident.

How, if this is something the mainstream media haven’t covered are you able to find this out?

What sort of websites are you visiting to find out this information?

Would you spend as much time looking up the victim’s background had they been white?

Do you albeit unconsciously have a racist mindset?
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:33 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Would you spend as much time looking up the victim’s background had they been white?


The answer is yes. If the victim were White, this information would still be relevant. In fact, liberal news sites have been digging through the history of Tara Reade (the alleged sexual assault victim of Joe Biden)
BillRM
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

If he had been a chorus boy, whatever the **** that’s supposed to be, you probably wouldn’t have mentioned it.

You need to ask yourself why you’re looking for things that have no bearing on the incident.

How, if this is something the mainstream media haven’t covered are you able to find this out?

What sort of websites are you visiting to find out this information?

Would you spend as much time looking up the victim’s background had they been white?

Do you albeit unconsciously have a racist mindset?



LOL so there is no need in understanding for example what might or might not had trigger at least once police officer to murder him in cold blood an others officers to stand by!!!

Was it only that he was a black man or was the picture more complex.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:38 am
@BillRM,
Don’t worry, I never imagined you were capable of introspection.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:43 am
@maxdancona,
You’re equating the life of a man who was filmed being murdered by the police with someone making an unfounded allegation.

That’s a racist mindset in action.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:56 am
@izzythepush,
I am not equating anything.

I am saying that journalists covering the story should cover it in its entirety. It is not a journalist's job to show outrage or to take a political side.

You are going to be outrage no matter what. Journalists represent the community as a whole, a community that includes people you would call "racist". There is a social benefit for journalists telling the complete story.

BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 10:09 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am not equating anything.

I am saying that journalists covering the story should cover it in its entirety. It is not a journalist's job to show outrage or to take a political side.

You are going to be outrage no matter what. Journalists represent the community as a whole, a community that includes people you would call "racist". There is a social benefit for journalists telling the complete story.


Could not agree more I what the complete picture of the events not a simplify version that the news is so far seems to be giving us.

Love also how if you dare to ask questions you are a damn racist.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 10:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It’s not a one off by any means, it’s the latest of a long sorry number of African Americans dying in police custody, like Michael Brown and Eric Garner.

Michael Brown was killed in justified self defense as he tried to murder a police officer.

Eric Garner resisted a lawful arrest and was injured in the struggle.

It is true that more minorities are killed by police these days, but that's because police have fewer nonlethal options available these days.

Police used to have more nonlethal options available to them, but then four police officers were lynched for using nonlethal force to defend themselves from Rodney King in 1992. Now minorities who might have once been clubbed into submission will be shot and killed.

The current lynching of the girl in Central Park is also very likely to result in a lot more minorities being killed. Where once people would deal with threatening behavior by calling 911, it is likely that in the future threatening minorities will just be killed by their purported victim without any police involvement.
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Is Minneapolis in a state of emergency ?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/14/2020 at 11:53:42