Victoria just became even MORE boring....

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 03:35 am
...as interesting piece of rock falls into sea.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,5023454,00.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,490 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 03:39 am
Yep, "STONE DOESN'T FLOAT!!" makes it to media hotspot.

Quote:
20 million years old ... gone in 60 seconds
Michael Davis and Katrina Strickland
July 04, 2005
ONE of the famous Twelve Apostles collapsed into a heap of rubble yesterday, destroying in seconds a landmark nature had taken 20 million years to create.

The 70m-high limestone monolith off Victoria's Great Ocean Road crumbled shortly before 9.20am, in a relatively moderate swell, after a huge crack opened up on the seaward side.

Only eight Apostles now remain. Yesterday's collapsed pillar - the second of the group, looking northwest from the main viewing platform - was lying as a forlorn pile of rubble last night just metres above sea level.

source

Damn, and here was I looking forward to a trip down the Great Ocean Road in order to look some lumps of rock! My life will be completely unfulfilled now! Who can I sue!!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 03:45 am
Sweet Lord!!! It was the POPULAR and BEST LOVED one!!

Quote:
"This was certainly the most recognisable of all the Apostles, in the forefront of the typical picture you see of them. They'll have to change all the postcards now."

Really? I read that in 'Big-Rock Brother' it had been voted out of the continent when Uluru had managed to get the majority of votes, even the smallest of the Three Sisters at Katoomba was considered 'sexier and more trustworthy' than any of the Apostles. Of course, they weren't directly involved in the doping scandal that ruined the reputations of the Devil's Marbles.......
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 04:11 am
Ohhhhhhh , can you believe this!!!!

Quote:
But some did feel cheated. "We were told to go and see the Twelve Apostles, all nine of them, and now there's eight," one said.

Get a class action together buddy! There used to be a cove full of real live dinosaurs on that coast too. But they all like died a quarter of a billion years ago, but that shouldn't stop you from declaring the owner of the site negligent for not ensuring the welfare and survival of those creatures several hundred years BEFORE the evolution of apes stupid enough to travel across the world to look at other peoples rocks!

Quote:
'Ogg never see rock like that! Oooh, gorillas back home throw feces at me when Ogg tell them!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 05:53 am
SO?

Wanna make something of it, Mr Stillwater?

We LIKED having nine Apostles!

Now we only have eight!

Why, oh why can't you just share our pain at this sad time?

Have you no heart?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 06:10 am
Damn! I cannot post this pic anymore Crying or Very sad

Twelve apostles
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:14 pm
Smile

do I hear seven, seven.....?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 04:14 am
Evil or Very Mad No you did not, margo! (said ms Olga, sternly)

A bit of RESPECT in this time of deep sadness, please! :wink:
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 04:21 am
msolga wrote:
Evil or Very Mad No you did not, margo! (said ms Olga, sternly)

A bit of RESPECT in this time of deep sadness, please! :wink:

Ohhh - Stogg have feces thrown at by Southern cousins - Uggh, less rocks on coast mean better value holiday in Victoria. Ughhhh, ugghhh...

Sheeeeeit - and I always thought that Queenslanders were the death of civilisation. Suprise, suprise.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 04:23 am
Stroppy, Stilly?

Them Apostles was fabulous - and gloriously silent - unlike their namesakes....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 04:25 am
You have a decidely nasty streak, Mr Stillwater!
I read the title of this thread & I knew, I knew what was in store! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 04:44 am
msolga wrote:
You have a decidely nasty streak, Mr Stillwater!
I read the title of this thread & I knew, I knew what was in store! Evil or Very Mad

Owwwhhhhhhh - I feel your pain, my Southerly and Westerly cousins.....

...I am also checking the Consitution to see if 'Rock loving' may be a reason to dissolve it and dig a really BIG canal to keep our 'challenged' neighbours at bay....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 04:46 am
Yeah, sure. Do that.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:10 am
Hey, honey - who has the 'Law Librarian' training????

Who is even MORE drunk tonite than last nite?

Dunnoh... me?

Damn!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:03 pm
Oh - are you the librarian MsOlga was hinting at somewhere else - I thought she was picking on me!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:18 am
margo wrote:
Oh - are you the librarian MsOlga was hinting at somewhere else - I thought she was picking on me!

I am the BAD librarian - I was picked on by A2K wimmens and I went as bad as 3 week-old coleslaw.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:43 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
margo wrote:

I am the BAD librarian - I was picked on by A2K wimmens and I went as bad as 3 week-old coleslaw.

Bringing to mind the classic Larson cartoon which I think was along the lines of "When Coleslaw Goes Bad" (could have been some other preparation in there but let me tell you things looked pretty hot in that fridge).
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:24 pm
Jeez! Never thought of myself as the "good" librarian before! Smile
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 11:50 pm
What a coincidence - I'm a law library assistant!! Rolling Eyes Its a job I hate but one that I do.

What on earth... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:25 am
pragmatic wrote:
What a coincidence - I'm a law library assistant!! Rolling Eyes Its a job I hate but one that I do.

What on earth... Rolling Eyes

Welcome to Hell, praggers! As I have officially joined the Dark Side (records management) I can only watch from a slightly higher circle and chuckle.....*

*whilst a wabbit bites me on the wedding tackle...
0 Replies