Victoria just became even MORE boring....

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 05:54 am
WHAT!!!!!!!!

You are soooooooo crazy.......
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 03:54 am
dlowan wrote:
WHAT!!!!!!!!
You are soooooooo crazy.......

They don't call it 'Hell' for nothing!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:45 am
I thought they called it hell for leather?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:46 am
Anything interesting in the South fall over or collapse lately?

I suppose if you do decide to live so close to Antartica chunks of the continent falling into the ocean must be the high point of the year...................
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:48 am
dlowan wrote:
I thought they called it hell for leather?

We musta posted at the same second - Wabbit! Heh, heh!!

Catching up after a fortnight of kids at home and intensive training....

Anything happen?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:50 am
Don't listen to Mr. Stillwater. He is making a feeble and very transparent attempt at stockpiling posts in order to climb up the A2K ladder.

Aint gonna happen.

He is destined for a life in the cellar.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 04:55 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Don't listen to Mr. Stillwater. He is making a feeble and very transparent attempt at stockpiling posts in order to climb up the A2K ladder.

Aint gonna happen.

He is destined for a life in the cellar.

NOT!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:14 am
Cellar door, she said ineffably....
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:19 am
dlowan wrote:
Cellar door, she said ineffably....

Et tu, Bun-Huns?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:16 am
I was thinking of Donnie darko.

Now you have me all unineffed.

here are some memorable quotes from the flm. It says they are memorable right at the top.

The cellar door one is probably there.

Memorable Quotes from
Donnie Darko (2001)
[to Cherita Chen]
Donnie: I promise, that one day, everything's going to be better for you.

Donnie: First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village, but the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That's what's so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What's the point of living if you don't have a dick?

Donnie: How can you do that?
Frank: I can do anything I want. And so can you.

[At the school assembly speaking out against Jim Cunningham]
Donnie: Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating twinkies and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know it takes a little, little while to find that out, right, Jim? And you... yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Well, you know what? Maybe... you should lift some weights, or uh, take a karate lesson and the next time he's tries to do it, you kick him in the balls.

Kitty Farmer: [Tearfully to Rose Darko] Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Karen Pommeroy: It was as though this plan had been with him all his life, pondered through the seasons, now in his fifteenth year crystallized with the pain of puberty.

Donnie: I made a new friend today.
Dr. Lilian Thurman: Real or imaginary?
Donnie: Imaginary.

Frank: 28 days... six hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds. That... is when the world... will end.

Eddie: That damn airline better not **** us on the shingle match.

Gretchen: You're weird.
Donnie: Sorry.
Gretchen: No, that was a compliment.

[from the Extended and Deleted Scenes. The class is discussing Watership Down]
Karen Pommeroy: This could be the death of an entire way of life, the end of an era...
Donnie: Why should we care?
Karen Pommeroy: Because the rabbits are us, Donnie.
Donnie: Why should I mourn for a rabbit like he was human?
Karen Pommeroy: Are you saying that the death of one species is less tragic than another?
Donnie: Of course. The rabbit's not like us. It has no... keen look at something in the mirror, it has no history books, no photographs, no knowledge of sorrow or regret... I mean, I'm sorry, Miss Pommeroy, don't get me wrong; y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.

Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Gretchen: Donnie Darko? What the hell kind of name is that? It's like some sort of superhero or something
Donnie: What makes you think I'm not?

Donnie: [in a letter] Dear Roberta Sparrow, I have reached the end of your book and... there are so many things that I need to ask you. Sometimes I'm afraid of what you might tell me. Sometimes I'm afraid that you'll tell me that this is not a work of fiction. I can only hope that the answers will come to me in my sleep. I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

Kitty Farmer: No. Duh is a product of fear.

Kitty Farmer: I'll tell you what he said. He asked me to forcibly insert the Life Line exercise card into my anus.

Principal Cole: Donald let me preface this by saying your Iowa test scores are intimidating... So, let's go over this again, what exactly did you say to Ms. Farmer?
Kitty Farmer: [interrupting] I'll tell you what he said - he asked me to forcibly insert the Lifeline exercise card into my anus!

Sean Smith: [at the bus stop ] Good ****, eh?
Donnie: Dude, it's a ******* cigarette.

Dr. Lilian Thurman: What did Roberta Sparrow say to you?
Donnie: She said "Every living creature dies alone".

Dr. Lilian Thurman: Has he ever told you about his friend Frank?
Rose Darko: Frank?
Dr. Lilian Thurman: Yes, the giant bunny rabbit...
Edward Darko: What?
Rose Darko: ...I don't recall him ever having mentioned a rabbit...

Kitty Farmer: [giving a pep talk to girls about to go on stage] OK – now, girls. I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany? If you feel the need to vomit up there, just swallow it.

Donnie: [to his mother] How's it feel to have a wacko for a son?
Rose Darko: It feels wonderful.

Roberta Sparrow: Every living creature on this earth dies alone.

Gretchen: ...what if you could go back in time, and take all those hours of pain and darkness and replace them with something better?

Donnie: You are such a fuckass.
Elizabeth: Did you just call me a fuckass? You can go suck a ****.
Donnie: Oh, please, tell me Elizabeth, how exactly does one suck a ****?

Donnie: Frank, when's this gonna stop?
Frank: You should already know that.

Dr. Lilian Thurman: The search for God is absurd?
Donnie: It is if everyone dies alone.

Jim Cunningham: Son... DO YOU SEE THIS? This is an Anger Prisoner. A textbook example. DO YOU SEE THE FEAR, PEOPLE? This boy is scared to death of the truth. Son, it breaks my heart to say this, but I believe you are a very troubled and confused young man. I believe you are searching for the answers in all the wrong places...
Donnie: You're right, actually. I am pretty- I'm, I'm pretty troubled and I'm, I'm pretty confused. But I. . .and I'm afraid. Really, really afraid. Really afraid. But I... I... I think you're the ******* Antichrist.

Kitty Farmer: Not only am I a teacher, but I am also the mother of a Middlesex child. Therefore, I am the only person here who transcends the parent-teacher bridge.

Gretchen: My mom had to get a restraining order against my step dad. He has emotional problems.
Donnie: Oh, I have those too. What kind does your step dad have?
Gretchen: He stabbed my mom four times in the chest.
Donnie: Oh.

[Watching George Bush Snr. give a speech on TV]
Edward Darko: Tell 'em, George.

Samantha Darko: What's a fuckass?

Rose Darko: Do you even know who Graham Greene is?
Kitty Farmer: I think we've all seen Bonanza.

Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff: I am not going to be able to continue this conversation
Donnie: Why?
Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff: I could lose my job.

Cherita Chen: Chut up.

Dr. Lilian Thurman: If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories.

Dr. Lilian Thurman: If this world were to end, there would only be you... and him... and no one else.

Frank: Wake up, Donnie.

Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff: And did you stop and think that maybe infants need darkness? That maybe darkness is part of their natural development.

Gretchen: Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood.

Donnie: Well look, um... uh... you wanna go with me?
Gretchen: Where do you wanna go?
Donnie: No, I mean like go with me, like you know... like, that's what we call it here... going together...
Gretchen: Sure
[pauses for a moment, turns and walks away]
Donnie: Ok-hey where're you going?
Gretchen: I'm going home.

[Donnie tries to kiss Gretchen and she pulls away]
Donnie: Well I-I, sorry I...
Gretchen: Donnie wait...
Donnie: I like you a lot...
Gretchen: I just want it to be... at a time when... it...
Donnie: When what?
Gretchen: When it reminds me just...
Donnie: When it reminds you of how beautiful the world can be?
Gretchen: Yeah...
[turns her head]
Gretchen: and right now there's some fat guy over there staring at us.

Karen Pommeroy: [to Principle Cole] I don't think that you have a clue what it's like to communicate with these kids. We are losing them to apathy... to this prescribed nonsense. They are slipping away.

[before a dance performance]
Kitty Farmer: Okay, now girls... I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany, if you feel the need to vomit up there... just swallow it.

Donnie: Ling Ling finds a wallet on the ground filled with money. She takes the wallet to the address on the driver's license but keeps the money inside the wallet.
[Scoffs]
Donnie: I-I'm sorry Mrs. Farmer. I don't get this.

Donnie: Life isn't that simple. I mean who cares if Ling Ling returns the wallet and keeps the money? It has nothing to do with either fear or love.
Kitty Farmer: Fear and love are the deepest of human emotions.
Donnie: Okay. But you're not listening to me. There are other things that need to be taken into account here. Like the whole spectrum of human emotion. You can't just lump everything into these two categories and then just deny everything else!

Donnie: My parents didn't get me what I wanted for Christmas.
Dr. Lilian Thurman: What did you want?
Donnie: Hungry Hungry Hippos.
Dr. Lilian Thurman: And how did you feel, being denied these hungry, hungry hippos?
Donnie: Regret.

[Donnie is under hypnosis by his therapist]
Dr. Lilian Thurman: What else makes you feel regret, Donnie?
Donnie: [suddenly breaking into a wide grin] That I did it again...

Karen Pommeroy: This famous linguist once said that of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that Cellar Door is the most beautiful.

Middlesex Student 1: Mom said the school is closed today because it's flooded, and there's feces everywhere!
Middlesex Student 2: What are feces?
Middlesex Student 1: Baby mice.
Middlesex Student 2&3: Awwww.

[first lines]
Elizabeth: I'm voting for Dukakis.

Donnie: I don't think about ******* my family... that's gross.
[unbuttons his pants and tries to put his hand inside, but his therapist stops him]

Donnie: [taking a cigarette] What will happen if you tell mom about this?
Samantha Darko: You'll put Ariel in the garbage disposal.
Donnie: Goddamn right I will.

[last lines]
Gretchen: Hey. What's going on?
David: Horrible accident. My neighbour... got killed.
Gretchen: What happened?
David: Got smooshed by a jet engine.
Gretchen: What was his name?
David: Donnie. Donnie Darko.
Gretchen: Hmm.
David: I feel bad for his family.
Gretchen: Yeah.
David: Did you know him?
Gretchen: No.

[Seth is holding a knife to Donnie's throat as a car approaches along the road]
Seth Devlin: Did you ******* call the cops?
Donnie: Deus ex machina...
Seth Devlin: What?
Donnie: Our saviour.

Oh - here it is:

"Donnie Darko: What’s “Cellar Door”?

Karen Pomeroy: This famous linguist once said that of all the phrases in the English language of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that “cellar door” is the most beautiful."

Donnie Darko: Cellar Door.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 04:47 am
ALRIGHT!!

You win the weirdness competition! Just let me concentrate on knocking our 'Friend of the Goats' from his lofty perch!!
0 Replies