What is the worst Star Wars movie you've seen?

snood

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2020 03:50 am
When I was coming up, there seemed to be a (mostly) lighthearted little competition between Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans. I’m a dyed in the wool Star Trek guy - as a kid me and my sister would cheer like crazy when we heard the theme from the original series.

So I was skeptical when a buddy and me went to see the first Star Wars movie. He had already seen it, and had loved it so much he was paying for the second time to watch it with me. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by that first movie. I haven’t liked any of the sequels and I certainly don’t get the mania that had people camping out for hours at premieres.

I know there are Star Wars fans who don’t get the enthusiasm that Trekkies have for ‘their’ show. There’s just really no accounting for personal tastes.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2020 05:38 am
RIP Dave Prowse, the former body builder turned actor died today. He was most famous for playing the role of the Green Cross Code Man and also played the part of Darth Vader.

He didn’t do the voice though, too much of a wurzel.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2020 08:31 am
@snood,
The first movie was ok however not the rest of them in my opinion was not and I also was always a star trek fan from the first TV shows.
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 05:52 pm
@BillRM,
I remember hearing Harlan Ellison at a the 1978 or so world science fiction conversion in AZ stated that star wars and such films was driving out real science fiction films.

In a way he was both right and wrong as star wars is fantasy not science fiction in any way or in any manner any more then Harry Potter is science fiction and for the same reasons.
0 Replies

amanda27

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2020 01:27 am
@tsarstepan,
It is one muddled and inconsistent franchise movie series according to me. Difficult to remember and review
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2020 02:37 pm
0 Replies