Rove was the source of the Plame leak... so it appears

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 01:13 pm
blatham wrote:
...Print media, journals and books are where we turn if we wish to know more, or if we care about accuracy or breadth of understanding...

in fairness, it's difficult to really know if what you're reading is truth or not.

humans usually accept writings that are the emotional equivalent of comfort food.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 01:50 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
blatham wrote:
...Print media, journals and books are where we turn if we wish to know more, or if we care about accuracy or breadth of understanding...

in fairness, it's difficult to really know if what you're reading is truth or not.

humans usually accept writings that are the emotional equivalent of comfort food.

DTOM

Sure, I understand this point. But we have no alternative. Either it is a turning to some single infallible source or it is learning in the greatest breadth and depth we can personally manage. The second choice seems rather preferable to me as a relatively dependable means to understanding or 'truth'.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 02:01 pm
The more different sources the better. Truth or reality will eventually trickle out.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 02:15 pm
Let's update our understanding of Karl Rove's character, as regards whether or not he might have outed Plame just to harm a perceived enemy...
Quote:
Eventually, I met with Rove. I arrived at his office a few minutes early, just in time to witness the Rove Treatment, which, like LBJ's famous browbeating style, is becoming legend but is seldom reported. Rove's assistant, Susan Ralston, said he'd be just a minute. She's very nice, witty and polite. Over her shoulder was a small back room where a few young men were toiling away. I squeezed into a chair near the open door to Rove's modest chamber, my back against his doorframe.

Inside, Rove was talking to an aide about some political stratagem in some state that had gone awry and a political operative who had displeased him. I paid it no mind and reviewed a jotted list of questions I hoped to ask. But after a moment, it was like ignoring a tornado flinging parked cars. This went on without a break for a minute or two.

And yes, the censored term here is 'fuk'..

http://www.ronsuskind.com/newsite/articles/archives/000032.html
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 03:17 pm
blatham wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
blatham wrote:

DTOM

Sure, I understand this point. But we have no alternative. Either it is a turning to some single infallible source or it is learning in the greatest breadth and depth we can personally manage. The second choice seems rather preferable to me as a relatively dependable means to understanding or 'truth'.

yep. didn't mean to imply that you are wrong. simply that i try to take it all with a grain of salt. see if the words a hear and read match up with what i see taking place.

in some cases, we are limited to actually see "the truth" because of geography. when that occurs, we are at the mercy of those who can provide us with documentation such as written/oral reporting and in this age, visual like live or captured video.

here's an obvious example;

what we are told by the bush administration is that things are going according to plan and that the "elite" media never shows anything good.

okay, fair enough.

however, we now know that the administration routinely delivers EPKs to the networks that were conceived, directed and posted by admin services. in fact, it was only recently ruled that those EPKs must be branded as having been made and distributed by the administration. previously, they had no declaration of such and were being presented as network generated "news/journalism".

so really, the question is;

with that power to effect the media outlets output, why are there not streams of "good news" being supplied to us? such as video of the new schools and powerplants. happy iraqis going safely to work and home. that sort of thing would do quite a bit to show skeptics that things were in fact going well.

why hasn't the president hosted a television presentation with video from assorted media outlets ?

there's a saying that i like. there are three sides to every story. your side. my side. and the truth.

the truth is what i want, whether it affirms my political views or not.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 03:17 pm
Guffaw......as Blatham wades in with tons of self righteous indignation and hypocrisy rears it's ugly head yet again.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 03:20 pm
Yeah really, that silly goose Blatham, why he's even been known to threaten to quit a2k because someone posted an idea he didn't like.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 04:33 pm
Yes. It was March 7th. Another a2k member posted a link to a website which was publishing some recently discovered personal diaries kept by Barry Goldwater. The excerpt that inflamed me so was a unnecessarily detailed account of Barry's short but apparently very passionate affair with Liberace.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 05:01 pm
blatham wrote:
Yes. It was March 7th. Another a2k member posted a link to a website which was publishing some recently discovered personal diaries kept by Barry Goldwater. The excerpt that inflamed me so was a unnecessarily detailed account of Barry's short but apparently very passionate affair with Liberace.

Shocked
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 06:33 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Lash wrote:
Wilson outed her, along with Corn, to make the case against Bush.

Nobody knew she was a NOC until Corn and Wilson said so--in their effort to drag the WH into a scandal. Otherwise, it would only be known she was an EMPLOYEE of the CIA.

that is absolutely the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

perhaps it is within your mental bearing to totally trash your spouse in the name of your political/religious agenda, but you would be a real enigma to just about everybody else on the planet.

well, perhaps a suicide bomber would appreciate that concept.

really lash, you should consider what you are proposing there...

It boggles the mind.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 06:38 pm
Liberace? Wonder if he kept his sequined dinner jacked on while........Well, never mind.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 06:40 pm
blatham wrote:

Heehee...you kill me.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:02 pm
Did a whole day go by without any new revelations? Except that I didn't know that Ari (now trying to have a private life) saw the memo to Colin...

And no wonder John Bolton hasn't packed for NYC yet.

J
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:03 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Yeah really, that silly goose Blatham, why he's even been known to threaten to quit a2k because someone posted an idea he didn't like.

He certainly has.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:09 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Lash wrote:

Nobody knew she was a NOC until Corn and Wilson said so--in their effort to drag the WH into a scandal. Otherwise, it would only be known she was an EMPLOYEE of the CIA.

perhaps it is within your mental bearing to totally trash your spouse in the name of your political/religious agenda, but you would be a real enigma to just about everybody else on the planet.

You're the one who should think about it.

He didn't have to trash her.

Her NOC status was not publicly known until Corn outed her two days after the Novak column. As far as anyone knew until then, she was a CIA employee. Corn and Wilson are the ones who blabbed her NOC status.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:18 pm
Lash wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Lash wrote:

You're the one who should think about it.

He didn't have to trash her.

Her NOC status was not publicly known until Corn outed her two days after the Novak column. As far as anyone knew until then, she was a CIA employee. Corn and Wilson are the ones who blabbed her NOC status.

Plame was outed when it was reported she worked for CIA by Novak. Your attempted argument here Lash makes no logical sense.

If someone is not known to work for CIA, the reporting that she worked there is the outing. Later stating it wasn't known to people that she worked there is NOT outing.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:26 pm
Everyone in DC knew she worked for the CIA. She had the lousiest secret -keeping ability---SEVERAL journalists have admitted they knew.

CASUAL friends were told by Plame....

Wilson said she told him after the second date.

But, her NOC status wasn't widely known until Corn outed her, in his effort to make Rove's comment more sinister than it was.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:33 pm
We have discovered another lapse on the part of the CIA.

Apparently, no one told them that everybody already knew.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:33 pm
I think Lash's facts should be taken into account at Rove's and Libby's sentencing. Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:43 pm
And if everybody knew - I didn't, I was surprised- why would Novak use the info as the juicy, juicy plum he used it for? Wouldn't he'd have expected everyone to say "Tell us something we don't know. Bob."?

He must have thought some people didn't know.
0 Replies