Rove was the source of the Plame leak... so it appears

sumac

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 06:13 pm
But then again, you don't need to discuss Rove in 1992 to discuss him in the present and more recent past.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 06:23 pm
If you thought Matt Cooper's use of "double super secret background" had the whiff of Animal House, you were right Smile

Even journalists can have a sense of humor.

Quote:
DC TURNS 'ANIMAL HOUSE': TIME REPORTER USED MOVIE JOKE IN ROVE EMAIL
Sun Jul 17 2005 18:48:33 ET

CNNWASHPOST HOWARD KURTZ: A lot of people have picked up on your description in the memos to your bureau chief of that conversation -- "It was on double super secret background." What did that mean?

TIME MATT COOPER: Well, Howie, I can now reveal that it was a joke. Karl Rove, when we had the conversation, wanted it to be on deep background, which I took to mean I could use the material but not quote it directly, and certainly not attribute it, that I had to protect the identity of my source. When I wrote the note to my bureau chief, just moments after the conversation with Rove, in a slightly playful way, I echoed the line in the movie "Animal House," where John Belushi's wild fraternity is put on double secret probation. So it was a little bit of humor.

http://drudgereport.com/flash8.htm
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:30 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Tico makes a good point. Palme has not been a covert agent for several years. The issue is fabricated nonsense.

Odd isn't it that those who most assiduously aplaud MarK Felt's continued covert leaks to the press over Watergate - and other matters - are so prominent in demanding Rove's scalp. What was the difference between their behaviors here?

Of course it will be asserted that Nixon was the apotheosis of all that is evil and any action taken against him, no matter what the motivation or legal status of the action itself - was certainly justified.

Palme invited counterattack when she proposed her husband for the investigation of the Niger matter - an evident conflict of interest, and an action quite obviously taken with a political agenda in mind - as Wilson's analysis of the Niger matter so clearly demonstrated.

Felt was obviously motivated by resentment at the restoration of normal executuve department control of the FBI after Herbert Hoover's death and the quite understandable appointment of a "controllable" outsider (L. Patrick Grey) as the new Director, instead of one of Hoover's former deputies (Felt prominently among them). Woodward and Bernstein made their careers on this matter and it is no surprise to see their enthusiastic - if a bit tortured - defense of their vindictive snitch in this matter.

jesus, george. Is it at all possible that you might cast your eyes above the partisan wall you have nailed up around you? What is it with you guys and party loyalty? It would be difficult to come up with a better means of compromising your own intellect than this 'truth established by membership' thing you have going on here.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:49 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Bush has no integrity because he won't fire a staffer who has not been convircted, charged, or even accused of any crime or wrongdoing?

If this former federal prosecutor did his homework, Valerie Plame was outed a long time ago....and not by anybody in the Bush administration:

Did the CIA "Out" Valerie Plame?SPUN FROM THE STARTTHE MEDIA TELLS THE COURT: PLAME'S COVER WAS BLOWN IN THE MID-1990sLINK
Quote:
officials said the disclosure that Mrs. Plame's cover was blown before the news column undermines the prosecution of the government official who might have revealed the name, officials said.

"The law says that to be covered by the act the intelligence community has to take steps to affirmatively protect someone's cover," one official said. "In this case, the CIA failed to do that."

A second official, however, said the compromises before the news column were not publicized and thus should not affect the investigation of the Plame matter.

Obviously, the Supreme Court sided with official number two.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:54 pm
Kuvasz posted without calling anyone stupid or retarded.

We're making progress Smile
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:01 pm
JustWonders wrote:

well, you and lash haven't posted much lately now, have you?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:05 pm
kuvasz wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

well, you and lash haven't posted much lately now, have you?

So, if Lash, myself, Tico, Timber, Foxfyre, etc. don't agree with your points of view or your evaluations, we're stupid or retarded?

I assure you, speaking only for myself, I breathlessly await your highly intelligent, non-partisan, intellectual response in order to stimulate meaningful discussion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:06 pm
I don't think he'd characterize Timber that way . . .
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:12 pm
True.

According to Kuvasz, Timber just has a "weak and pitiful mind".

Pretty much the way he feels about anyone who dares disagree with him, it seems.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:15 pm
Yeah, from one who uses Joe Wilson as a source.

But, kuvasz is prolific with the cut and paste. I think he holds the record for the longest...and the most stupid and retarded.

He's made a niche for himself.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:19 pm
Now, now...do I have to separate you kiddies? PLAY NICE!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:20 pm
Ya rotten bastards....
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:21 pm
blatham wrote:
jesus, george. Is it at all possible that you might cast your eyes above the partisan wall you have nailed up around you? What is it with you guys and party loyalty? It would be difficult to come up with a better means of compromising your own intellect than this 'truth established by membership' thing you have going on here.

Odd that I see precisely the same selective blindness that you wrongfully attribute to me in your position and that of the 'progressive' claques here. My intellect is unsullied.

That Felt's behavior was leagally equivalent (though on a much larger scale and involving a clear conspiracy) to that attributed to Rove is quite obvious, as is the hypocrisy of the rather predictable chorus of the loonie left here.

Given their unwavering conviction that Nixon was the personification of all that is evil and that any action taken to bring him down was somehow justified, one can imagine the source of their blindness - however it is blindness nonetheless.

I do hope you are well and content. The Bay Area is cool and refreshing. Getting familiar again with old haunts and delights. Spent a delightful weekend by the Russian River under the redwoods - also a good way to avoid chores during the final stages of move-in.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:25 pm
kickycan wrote:
Ya rotten bastards....

Laughing
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:53 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
blatham wrote:

Odd that I see precisely the same selective blindness that you wrongfully attribute to me in your position and that of the 'progressive' claques here. My intellect is unsullied.

That Felt's behavior was leagally equivalent (though on a much larger scale and involving a clear conspiracy) to that attributed to Rove is quite obvious, as is the hypocrisy of the rather predictable chorus of the loonie left here.

Given their unwavering conviction that Nixon was the personification of all that is evil and that any action taken to bring him down was somehow justified, one can imagine the source of their blindness - however it is blindness nonetheless.

I do hope you are well and content. The Bay Area is cool and refreshing. Getting familiar again with old haunts and delights. Spent a delightful weekend by the Russian River under the redwoods - also a good way to avoid chores during the final stages of move-in.

george,

How is it legally equivalent? Felt did not reveal classified information concerning national security which is what Rove is alleged to have done.
Felt never outed an undercover CIA agent. There is quite a difference legally and otherwise between revealing classified information and revealing information about an ongoing investigation. I can't think of any information that Felt ever revealed that came close to being classified.

On the basis of what they revealed. Felt revealed evidence of a conspiracy in the govt. Wilson is not the govt. He worked for it but it isn't really possible to claim that he did anything wrong in his govt capacity that needed to be revealed nor can Wilson be considered a govt conspiracy.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:59 pm
Amigo wrote:
Tico,I could spend 8 hours checking the your "facts" and no matter what I came up with you would come back a whole knew pile of disinformation for me to sift through, nothanks.But I do agree the democrats are calling for Rove to be fired to soon but it's hard to play fair someone when their always cheating

you guys are still not getting what's going on with tico...

he's a lawyer... he's throwing out every single piece of minutiae that he can lay his hands on.

so your job, is to debunk it, provide opposing evidence and prove him wrong.

tico is a republican, but he isn't stupid. that much i'm sure of. and, he digs pink floyd, so he can't be all bad. bet he even likes animals.

as far as the dems go... jeez, they just don't know when to shut up and enjoy the ride. :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
Agreed, DTOM. And truly, I appreciate it, as it helps me figure out where the weaknesses are and what to look for.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:05 pm
Lest it need saying, while there is much that appeals about the idea of Rove getting thrown into jail and a conspiracy unmasked, I'm more interested in finding out what really happened, whatever that may be.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:09 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
That Felt's behavior was leagally equivalent (though on a much larger scale and involving a clear conspiracy) to that attributed to Rove is quite obvious,

hiya george. where ya been ?? thanzx for kicking in here. now down to business. Laughing

mark felt has nothing to do with this. either does nixon. we all have to stop diverting ourselves.

now, a side question. i got an email saying that, in august, mars is going to be closer to earth than it has been in something like 65,000 years. it will be nearly as visable as the full moon. do you know anything about this ? is it true ? should i make time in my busy schedule ???
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 09:13 pm
(Not true!)
0 Replies