4

Dune, Desert Planet, Epic Space Opera

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 06:38 pm
Who else is excited for this, the second cinematic attempt at Frank Herbert's legendary series, Dune.?

Dune (2020) is slated for Dec. 2020 release.

Setanta

2  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 06:50 pm
Two parts makes a lot more sense. The first movie ran too long, and tried to cram too much information into what was actually a limited space. It only made sense to those who had already read the book.

3  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 08:44 pm
@Setanta,
My feelings exactly.

And that creepy little girl.
If you hadn't read the book, you totally wouldn't get her.
I read it and I still got weirded out.
Watch 2:03 onwards

1  
Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 08:03 am
@chai2,

BillRM

1  
Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 10:57 pm
@Setanta,
To me the story is far far far too complex to made any kind of sense to someone who had not read the books repeat read the books first.

A long cable network series could handle the material assuming they have good writers.

1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 10:10 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

HBO Max is making a spinoff series based on the Bene Gesserits.
'Dune: The Sisterhood' Showrunner to Exit HBO Max Series

engineer

1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 10:14 am
@BillRM,
There was a three part miniseries on SyFy that I thought got decent reviews but I haven't seen it. Maybe something to stream (when I'm watching The Magicians, True Blood or Bat Woman, all pandemic finds for me.)

1  
Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 10:26 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

The SyFy series has some divisive reviews. And the CGI is terrible and doesn't age very well (from the clips I've seen). I haven't seen the series.

0  
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 03:18 am
I didn't mind it (or the CGI). But I may be easy to please.

One thing I would suggest is getting the extended director's cut of the SyFy series. It is superior to the standard version.

SyFy did a Children of Dune series as well.

0  
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 03:27 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The fan edit Dune: Alternative Edition Redux takes the added scenes from the horrendous TV movie, deleted outtake scenes available as bonus features on DVDs, and bootleg deleted outtake scenes, and adds them all to the movie in the proper order.

The result is a three hour movie that is much more comprehensible.

I strongly recommend this fan edit for any Dune fan. It's a true masterpiece.

Trailer:

0  
Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 03:29 am
tsarstepan wrote:

I'm going to see it of course. But for me the best Dune will always be Spicediver's Alternative Version Redux fan edit.

1  
Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 08:33 am