Happy St. Patrick's Day 2020! Doing anything special for the holiday?

tsarstepan

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 08:24 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I haven't really done anything special for it. I wore a green shirt and that was about it. I went grocery shopping earlier today. I was surprised nonSt. Patrick's Day-themed music was being played over my local supermarket's PA system.

What the hell is St. Patrick's Day-themed music? An infinite loop of Dropkick Murphy's music along with the Riverdance soundtrack?

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't really be surprised - everyone is so fixated on the Wuhan Flu scare, which to me is ridiculous. In light of the negativity concerning the Covid-19 I am still going to talk about the holiday and focus on it. I'm not letting a stupid virus or media scare ruin my holiday.

You're not Irish. This ain't your holiday. This holiday wasn't built to solely pander to you.

Quote:
I would rather focus on something positive.

Yet, this entire original post of yours is filled with negativity.

Quote:
I'll probably listen to some Irish culture-themed music and/or some holiday-themed music specifically but that's about it.

That's a good start.
tsarstepan

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 08:26 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Why would a town have a st Patrick’s day parade a few weeks ago?

That's not uncommon. The Rockaway Beach, an NYC community has been doing this for decades. Smaller communities do this (I speculate) in order to not compete against a much bigger citywide celebration.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 07:42 pm
@cherrie,
A majority of the people who are looking after my mother while she's away in both the rehab center and the hospital are not Christians. I was not talking about them.

The Christian community is aware of the Wuhan Flu scare. We are praying that the world's scientists and medical experts are working on isolating the virus and containing it. We are praying the Lord leads these people to do these things and reveals to them what to do.

I am sure there are Christian scientists and medical experts who are praying about this stuff and taking action.

We Christians are standing on the Word of God regarding this situation and confessing the Word.

I assume this is what my mother is doing since she knows about the virus.

I haven't really been keeping abreast of what's going on concerning Covid-19. I'm going by whatever I see and/or hear online about it on my smartphone.

I would like to know what's going on concerning the virus on CHRISTIAN TV but my TV service as of the time of posting of this is still down.

My pastor holds a weekly prayer conference call 4 days a week early in the morning. I know they are praying and interceding for others concerning the virus on the call.

Faith without works is dead.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 07:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
He did prophesy that someone was going to try to assassinate Trump. That happened.

He prophesied Hillary Clinton was going to lose the 2016 presidental election to Trump. He had a vision of Clinton and Obama running in a race and Obama trying to pass a baton to Clinton and Clinton dropping it.

Not long after that Obama came on TV making a public speech after Clinton lost the election and he mentioned trying to pass a baton to Clinton.
Rebelofnj

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 07:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
He did prophesy that someone was going to try to assassinate Trump. That happened.

Literally every US President in modern history has been targeted for assassination, in some fashion. Typically, the Secret Service does a good job stopping the assassins from killing the President. There are probably other attempts that the public never knows about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_attempts_and_plots
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 09:24 pm
I forgot I have an old HiFi system my mother gave me that I never used. I can still listen to the radio on it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 09:26 pm
@chai2,
You didn't do anything for St. Patrick's Day 2020?
chai2

Wed 18 Mar, 2020 11:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
I've been too busy grieving my husband who died 2 months ago, selling my house and buying a new one.

But if you ever ventured out of your hole, you might know that.

But you never go on any other threads to see anything about anyone else lives, because it's all about you, you, you and your asinine questions.

Setanta

Thu 19 Mar, 2020 12:09 am
Allegations of prophecy don't mean much when you report them after the fact. Anyone can claim they foresaw something which has already taken place.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 19 Mar, 2020 12:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Yeah and so did South Boston and many other towns in Mass -- but not a one is holding one this year.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 19 Mar, 2020 12:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm a Christian and I am not concerned about the virus. We Christians know how to pray. It WILL be contained.

God is bigger than any virus.

God also recommends that you take care of yourself. For example you are supposed to work - praying to have money rain down on you doesn't work neither does not adhering to common sense preventions.

It is foul hardy to not be concerned. There is a difference between believing and praying.

God expects you to help others - how is it helping others if you just don't listen to suggestions and spread this virus to those unable to fight against it. That is called selfishness and that does not sit well with God.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 19 Mar, 2020 01:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
That was a TYPO. That should read "no St. Patrick's Day music was being played ...".

On St. Patrick's Day in 2019 my local supermarket was playing Irish folk music over its PA system.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 19 Mar, 2020 01:22 pm
@chai2,
Forgive me not knowing that. I apologise. I hope your husband was Saved.

The Word says in Ecclesiastes 3 we mourn for a season.
chai2

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 08:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
I am amazed no one has ever knocked your teeth down your throat.

You are a loathsome worm.
Sturgis

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 10:24 pm
@chai2,
Hey, maybe they did and he's still waiting on them to exit his rear...
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Setanta

Sat 21 Mar, 2020 04:44 pm
Yeah, you're a creep. The religious or areligious tendencies of Chai and her late husband are none of your goddamned business, Creep.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 21 Mar, 2020 07:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Im a creep for hoping your husband accepted Christ as his personal Lord and Savior before he passed? I'm a Christian - what's wrong with that?

I pray for the unsaved to get Saved.

-FIXED.
chai2

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 07:51 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes you're a creep.

You are a narcissistic troll who creates thread after thread of bullshit questions about things that any adult of even below average intelligence would be able to figure out for themselves.

You use the term christian as some kind of shield against any intelligent conversation, and the truth is plain to see that you behave nothing like what a true follower of christianity would.
You are a hypocrite.
You care nothing about your fellow man, show no interest in what goes on outside your dark little corner, yet profess to follow the teachings of someone who emphasized the importance of kindness to your fellow man.

The fact you would use a traumatic event to push your agenda is repulsive. You are repulsive. You sicken me.

The fact that you never have taken any interest is reading or posting on any threads except your own shows what a self centered, ignorant person you are. Your social skills are zero.

You are a disgusting creep.

JGoldman10

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:47 am
@chai2,
Am I selfish for wanting to work regularly like a normal person, from home and/or in public, and focus on a career, in light of what's going on in the world right now, and the fact my mother has been away getting the much-needed medical and health-related help and attention she needs?

I should have had a pro career going years ago.

I should have had my own place years ago.

My family held me back.
0 Replies