Censorship on A2K

Lash

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:29 am
@Leadfoot,
I can’t fight that logic, and I have a ponytail today, so (upvote)
0 Replies

revelette3

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Al Pacino The Godfather - Just When I Thought I Was Out

0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:19 am
@layman,
Good to see you here again Layman

layman

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:25 am
@georgeob1,
George! Likewise, homey, although I don't plan to linger. I figured you had quit this forum yourself.

I have misguidedly made some attempt to give this thread a semi-serious tone.

But Leddy, Lash, Frank, et al, are just having some fun. That's the way these forums should be. The no-laughing cheese-eaters ruin the joint.

Although, like me, you have a serious side, you aint one of them. You are definitely among those I referred to as "cyber'friends" above..
georgeob1

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:33 am
@layman,
I haven't been here for nearly a week. Sometimes I get a bit tired of the invective and ponderous repetition. However, when the mood strikes me I tune in.

I agree a sense of lighthearted irony has nearly disappeared from the site.
nimh

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:33 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
As I recall I never got any explanation for my one year banning, except the statement that my "punishment" was more severe because I had been suspended before. Beyond that, it was suggested that there were a lot of people who wanted me banned.

This all seems pretty... unlikely.

If people were banned by popular demand, this forum would look... different. It's not exactly lacking in unpopular posters. I highly doubt that was the reason you were given.

The only thing that rings true in this entire post is that "users may be suspended for successively longer periods if they keep violating the rules".
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:38 pm
@georgeob1,
Apart from a few health matters, I've left a few times when the infighting makes thread continuity nearly non-existent on several threads. Threads which I would have preferred to be part of.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:40 pm
Well, I can say from experience you do not get banned. You could be gone a long time, but not banned. That alone makes this forum different, and it is a good thing.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:47 pm
@layman,
Quote:

Personally, I seldom vote any post up or down. It's meaningless. But the lefties specialize in contentless, furtive campaigns designed to "smear" their opponents. They run in packs and try to get people fired, impeached, ostracized, etc., based on slimy innuendo, cheap insinuation, etc.

Which is it, you don't care about the thumbs or something in your mind unfair is happening to you and your pals?

How is it Trumphumsters don't get they are the minority???
coldjoint

Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
How is it Trumphumsters don't get they are the minority???

No, we get that, but now we get how you think minorities should be treated.
layman

Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Which is it, you don't care about the thumbs or something in your mind unfair is happening to you and your pals?

"Unfair" isn't the question, and the word didn't even enter my mind. Cowardly and weak is what I was thinking. Downvotes generally say a lot more about the voter than whatever post he is voting on. I've never voted one of your posts down, for example, although I think most of what you say is rubbish. Generally I don't see your posts as even warranting a response, positive or negative. They're just empty.

If I especially like a post, I don't vote it up. I'll generally make a post, maybe short, addressed directly to the poster about it. Same with posts I disapprove of. I will express my opinions straight up, not by way of hitting a button.
coldjoint

Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:35 pm
@layman,
Quote:
I don't vote it up.

I do, if you have not noticed. I do not vote down. That way the examples of lies and stupidity would disappear.
coldjoint

Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
As for being a ladies man...well...those days are part of my past.

I just remember a picture, and she was a beautiful woman. Maybe you should say you have pleasant memories.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:43 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I don't vote it up.

I do, if you have not noticed. I do not vote down. That way the examples of lies and stupidity would disappear.

Well, I can respect that. It's the downvoting that's especially cheap. On the other hand it would suit me just fine if every regressive had a +10 vote and everyone they disapproved of had a -10 (unmitigated by others voting it up).

They would, of course, all think they've proved their point and won, but they always think that anyway, no matter how insipid their posts or how self-refuting their "arguments."

To me, that itself is humorous.
Leadfoot

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 05:44 am
@layman,
Yeah, me too. Damned if I can figure out which thumb to hit.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 03:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Your journey begins! Now develop some empathy for others.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 03:57 pm
@layman,
Either you don't care about the thumbs and shut about about them or you really do care about them and keep whinging about them.

I'm not exactly a popular poster here. You don't hear me crying about how under appreciated I am because most of the people here think I'm another bobsal, do you?

Man up fer f's sakes.

Quote:
not by way of hitting a button.

Does this means you're going to drop the insulting blackface-ish fake Ebonics?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 03:58 pm
@coldjoint,
oooooohhhhhhhh ... one point for oralloy!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:00 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Well, I can respect that. It's the downvoting that's especially cheap. On the other hand it would suit me just fine if every regressive had a +10 vote and everyone they disapproved of had a -10 (unmitigated by others voting it up).

They would, of course, all think they've proved their point and won, but they always think that anyway, no matter how insipid their posts or how self-refuting their "arguments."

The guy who has no interest in the thumbs can't get off them!!!!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:53 pm
Yeah! Bob wins by a thumb! No wait, three!

And he said he wasn’t popular