Censorship on A2K

oralloy

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 10:59 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
I voted you up; then I realized I messed up so I voted you down, but it just turned out even because of it.

It doesn't work that way. When you change an upvote to a downvote, the tally goes down by two.

Once you've cast a vote on a post, you can't go back to a neutral non-voting status with that post.
RABEL222

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Stick around Frank. If we can tolerate Ollie, C J, and Lash we can tolerate anyone. Good to see your ok. Had to edit the hell out of this post. Spell check drives me up the wall with its automatic corrections.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:01 am
@oralloy,
So you admit you game ratings.
oralloy

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,
What does "game ratings" even mean (in an a2k down-voting context)?
bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:04 am
@Leadfoot,
Evolution or a callous?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:07 am
@revelette3,
How do these guys do the metal/ethical gymnastics to ignore the nasty **** they lay on others.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Robert pretty much indicated he would rather I not be here, so I've packed it up,

Hey, Frank, wazzup, homey? As I recall I never got any explanation for my one year banning, except the statement that my "punishment" was more severe because I had been suspended before. Beyond that, it was suggested that there were a lot of people who wanted me banned. Specific reference was made to this former post of mine:

https://able2know.org/topic/309508-1#post-6118613
bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
I leave a thread after the same four or so yahoos repeat themselves a couple of time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:33 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Specific reference was made to this former post of mine:

The do have that in their rules. An entire year seems pretty harsh though.

Quote:
10) No voting abuse, begging for (down)votes, vote brigading
No voting abuse, begging for (down)votes, vote brigading or using fake accounts to add extra (down)votes.
Vote drama is not welcome either (e.g. mass downvoting a user you're feuding with, or complaining at length about voting). Voting abuse will periodically be reviewed and users guilty of it will either be suspended or will have their votes stop counting.
https://able2know.org/rules/
bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:35 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
@bobsal u1553115,
What does "game ratings" even mean (in an a2k down-voting context)?

Your big IQ let you down?
layman

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 11:45 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Quote:
No voting abuse, begging for (down)votes, vote brigading or using fake accounts to add extra (down)votes.
Vote drama is not welcome either (e.g. mass downvoting a user you're feuding with, or complaining at length about voting). Voting abuse will periodically be reviewed and users guilty of it will either be suspended or will have their votes stop counting.
https://able2know.org/rules/

Rules which they enforce selectively, if at all, eh? 32 downvotes in a thread few people were then participating could only result from what they are calling "vote brigrading" and "mass downvoting." I wonder if any of the 35 downvoters were suspended? I wasn't "begging" for downvotes. Well, except to the extent that the cheese-eaters think that anyone who doesn't agree with them is "begging for downvotes," and deserves to be banned, ya know?

In my case the post was cited to demonstate the point that the "crowd" didn't want me here, not because it was a supposed rule-violation.
oralloy

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 12:00 pm
@layman,
Well I enjoy your contributions. I hope both you and Frank can be enticed to stick around. You both make this a better place.
oralloy

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 12:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Your big IQ let you down?

No. I am quite happy with my mind.

I wouldn't mind being wealthy too, but I have no complaints about the hand that life dealt me on the mental front.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 12:08 pm
@layman,
Of course that post was merely designed to demonstrate the "mob action" preferred by the lefties. There had to be a whole lot of PM-ing going back and forth to generate that kind of "mass downvoting."

They apparently made their "case" to the satisfaction of the hampsters. Banned by popular demand. Kinda like that Milo guy at Berkeley who made them do hundreds of thousands dollars of damage and beat people in the crowd to make sure his ideas couldn't be heard, eh?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 12:09 pm
@oralloy,
I'd gladly trade you for Frank any day. At least he stays civil and provides documentation.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 12:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I asked the same question back several years ago.

There you are, you stubborn old goat. Still the ladies man? Good to see you.
Leadfoot

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 03:51 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

No begging, and they block yer vote if ya do.

WTF, I thought they were Liberals.
oralloy

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 06:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
At least he stays civil and provides documentation.

Your false accusations against me are dishonorable. I am civil towards people who are civil with me. And I always produce documentation upon request.
layman

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 06:11 pm
@oralloy,
BobbaLooie? Dishonorable!? Who knew!?
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 7 Mar, 2020 06:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

WTF, I thought they were Liberals.

Right?!
0 Replies