After more than twenty years of drinking colloidal silver, daily -

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2017 09:14 pm
On special occasions I have been known to drink three bottles of it in three days. Normally, just a tablespoon or so. My wife was sort of horrified when I first bought and used some. But, eventually, as she saw the benefits I derived, she became a believer and uses it also. Rocky gets his daily silver. If I eat any raw food in a restaurant, the first thing I do on coming home is take a dose.

The first times I wrote about it online, people were quite abusive. The ones that claimed I would turn blue searched in vain for examples of blue persons. Eventually, some years later, some people provided pictures of blue people, but no proof it was caused by the colloidal silver made by my home silver maker or the bottled stuff in the stores.

The people so dead set against colloidal silver have been influenced by shills of big pharma, who bilk the public out of billions per year for remedies for colds and flu, and who claim the silver water is devil's brew. Silver has been used historically in remedies for centuries. It is the main reason for silver utensils. In pre refrigeration days, silver coins were dropped into containers of milk to prolong freshness.

In my next post I will provide more detailed information.

centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 02:05 am
I would be wary of taking that stuff. It is shown to lower resistance to bacteria, I think. Maybe you have been lucky. It has been banned in most countries for years.

https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

The FDA lists 11 cases of reported argyria (blue skin) from use of silver preparations

A 56-year-old man who had sold and used colloidal silver for three years, developed blue/gray discoloration of his fingernails accompanied by a very high blood level of silver.

A married couple who had three years of daily consumption of a drink prepared by administering an electrolytic charge to a bowl of water that contained a silver bar.

Another couple had been taking a silver-containing "dietary supplement" prescribed by a naturopath.

A mentally ill man who had been drinking silver-containing herbal tea for about 10 months [5]

Stan Jones, Montana's Libertarian Party candidate for the U.S. Senate, who reportedly started taking colloidal silver in 1999 for fear that Y2K disruptions might lead to a shortage of antibiotics. He made his own concoction by electrically two silver wires in a glass of water.

Two men, ages 63 and 76, developed argyria after a year of product use inspired by Internet claims.

A 16-year-old boy developed blue-gray pigmentation of his entire body after ingesting a silver-containing dietary supplement for a year. The product, packaged so that it was identical to bottled water. was touted as a preventive for everyday infections.

A 58-year-old man who treated a presumed kidney infection with a home-brewed colloidal solution 12 times a day for 4 days developed argyria about 4 weeks later.

A 38-year-old man developed argyria after ingesting approximately 16 ounces of 450 ppm colloidal silver three times a day for 10 months to treat his arthritis and other conditions. He made the solution with a simple battery-operated chamber that leached silver from pure silver wire. He had obtained the plans from information on the Internet.

https://images.imgbox.com/67/25/hA6zCAdf_o.jpg

Link to info about her book on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Argyria-adventures-silver-woman-planet-ebook/dp/B01KYGFI0Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1472071622&sr=1-1&keywords=argyria

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 07:00 am
I don't see any legitimate science in favor of colloidal silver. The subject has been researched and no benefits have been found by proper scientific studies.

It seems like every reputable scientific organization is against the ingestion of colloidal silver which they say has real health risks with no benefit.

I would advise against it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 07:44 am
Metal Poisoning..
The body's ability to process the tiny atoms of colloidal silver makes silver buildup in the body impossible.
The Environmental Protection Agency's Poison Control Center reports a No Toxicity listing for colloidal silver. In fact, it appears that harmlessness is one of the attributes of the colloid physiology, regardless of content.
For example, when examining a bottle of colloidal minerals from the local health food store I noticed arsenic, nickel and lead among the sixty-five trace minerals listed in the contents. ref: 17 In other words, if the particles are small enough, you can even drink arsenic.
Since the body is known to have a vital need for silver to maintain both the immune system and the production of new healthy cells, and due to the harmonious nature of colloids entering the body (our blood is also a colloid), it stands within reason that colloidal silver may literally be the safest medicine on earth.
Argyria..
So how do you frighten people away from the safest and most powerful medicine on earth? You tell them that the bogeyman will get them. If they're too sophisticated for that, tell them they'll get a strange, archaic disease like Argyria. Actually, there is no record of anyone ever contracting Argyria from colloidal silver made by the electrolytic method. ref: 18
Argyria is a harmless and infrequent cosmetic condition where some parts of the body take on a slight bluish cast due to ingesting chemical compounds of which silver is only one component. Argyria did not seem to bother the royal "blue blood" families of Europe, who stayed healthy throughout the plagues of the Middle Ages by ingesting large amounts of silver.
About Good Bacteria..
Some say that consuming large amounts of colloidal silver over long periods of time may kill friendly bacteria in your intestines.
Personally, I have seen no evidence of beneficial bacteria ever being harmed. This issue is not a problem, and unlike antibiotics, colloidal silver does not weaken the body's immune system. In fact, it is said to give the body a second immune system, creating a shield against disease of all kinds.
Just to prove a point to myself, I made a sixteen-ounce solution of well over 250-ppm and drank it. I repeated this procedure every day for four days in a row. I easily drank the equivalent of fifty sixteen-ounce glasses of 5-ppm colloidal silver every day! I did not eat yogurt, acidophilus, or compensate for friendly bacteria loss in any way.
The only side effect was that I just seemed to feel better. This makes sense according to Capitol Drugs pharmacist Ton Barnes, R.Ph.:
Many strains of pathogenic microbes, viruses, fungi, bacteria or any other single-celled pathogen resistant to other antibiotics are killed on contact by colloidal silver, and are unable to mutate. However, it does not harm tissue-cell enzymes and friendly bacteria.
Silver Heals..
The noted biomedical researcher from Syracuse University, and author of The Body Electric and Cross Currents, Dr. Robert O. Becker, MD, has observed the healing effects of silver. Writing about his experience with older patients, Dr. Becker wrote:
Silver did more than kill disease-causing organisms. It promoted major growth of bone, and accelerated the healing of injured tissues by over 50%.
He also discovered that silver "profoundly stimulates healing in skin and other soft tissues in a way unlike any known natural process.."
Dr. Becker discovered that the silver was promoting a new kind of cell growth, which looked like the cells of children! He wrote:
These cells grew fast producing a diverse and surprising assortment of primitive cell forms able to multiply at a great rate, then differentiate into the specific cells of an organ or tissue that had been injured, even in patients over fifty years old. ref: 20
In a remarkable clinic trial with fourteen elderly patients, Dr. Robert O. Becker inserted silver electrode wire directly into wounds, using the body's own juices for the liquid solution while applying current from the external ends. (The voltage used, 0.9, is too low to cause sensation.)
With this technique, Dr. Becker was able to heal infections inside broken bones, one of the worst kinds of infections to control, as well as heal actual bone fractures and breaks which had previously failed to heal. In some cases he left silver surgically implanted in the body. In others, he sewed the wound up around the protruding silver electrode wire. Once the wound had healed, "the implanted silver wire was easily withdrawn from the wound manually without the need for surgery or anesthesia."
Silver..
The Natural Antiseptic
Regarding the innate ability of metallic silver to control infection, Dr. Becker said, "All of the organisms that we tested were sensitive to the electrically generated silver ion, including some that were resistant to all known antibiotics."
Regarding the safety of pure silver being inserted into the body, Dr. Becker said, "In no case were any undesirable side effects of the silver treatment apparent."
The healing properties of silver are so all-encompassing that we see researchers expressing amazement time and time again.
Alfred Searle, founder of the pharmaceutical conglomerate, wrote in 1919 that..
Applying colloidal silver to human subjects has been done in a large number of cases with astonishingly successful results. For internal administration, orally or hypodermically it has the advantage of being rapidly fatal to parasites without toxic action on its host. It is quite stable. It protects rabbits from ten times the lethal dose of tetanus or diphtheria toxin. ref: 21
Physicians use silver compounds in seventy percent of all the burn centers in the United States. British Airways, Swissair, Scandinavian Airlines, Lufthansa, Olympic, Air France, Canadian Pacific Airlines, AlItalia, KLM, Japan Airlines and Pan Am all use silver water filters to curtail waterborne diseases. In fact NASA uses a silver water purification system for the space shuttle and so do the Soviets. Japanese firms even remove cyanide and nitric oxide from the air with silver.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 07:45 am
Big pharma products kill people by the thousands and thousands.
centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 08:24 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

So, therefore, woo-medicine is safe?
centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 08:25 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Do they?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:19 am
@centrox,
The opioid epidemic alone is pretty lethal. That's ignoring the other deaths.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:21 am
@centrox,
Woo medicine is never safe. Colloidal silver is. How many deaths can you find attributed to silver, compared to big pharma?
centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:28 am
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1466904.1380115545!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/nup-114129-0040.jpg
This guy, nicknamed "Papa Smurf", died aged 62, but he did have a variety of health conditions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-turned-blue-silver-dies-article-1.1466905

Silver - The Dark Side of a Health Craze

http://www.healthy-again.net/silver.htm
hightor

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:31 am
@edgarblythe,
How many people voluntarily take colloidal silver? How many people are prescribed pharmaceuticals due to diseases and other chronic health problems?
Quote:
The opioid epidemic alone is pretty lethal.

That's sort of a red herring — deaths from opioids are caused by people intentionally misusing substances which may or not even be medicinal in origin.
hightor

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:32 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Metal Poisoning..

citation?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:45 am
@centrox,
key words "silver compound." Did not specify colloidal silver in the incidents leading to his condition.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:47 am
@hightor,
He is referring to charges against silver - a metal.

You will note also that colloidal silver was deemed safe enough to use in mainstream medicine, until they found something much more profitable.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:48 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

How many people voluntarily take colloidal silver? How many people are prescribed pharmaceuticals due to diseases and other chronic health problems?
Quote:
The opioid epidemic alone is pretty lethal.

That's sort of a red herring — deaths from opioids are caused by people intentionally misusing substances which may or not even be medicinal in origin.

Millions have or are using silver.
The pharma industry has fought restrictions on opioids.
hightor

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:57 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
He is referring to charges against silver - a metal.

I get that; I just wanted to know exactly who "he" was.
Quote:
You will note also that colloidal silver was deemed safe enough to use in mainstream medicine, until they found something much more profitable.

If other substances are much more profitable of course businesses are going to use them. Nothing particularly sinister about that.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:59 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

key words "silver compound." Did not specify colloidal silver in the incidents leading to his condition.

That's because The NY Daily News is not a science journal. He used colloidal silver, according to Wikipedia:

Quote:
In 2007, press reports described Paul Karason, an American man whose entire skin gradually turned blue after using colloidal silver made by himself with distilled water, salt and silver, and using a silver salve on his face in an attempt to treat problems with his sinus, dermatitis, acid reflux and other issues. Karason died on September 23, 2013 after suffering a heart attack and stroke, which were unrelated to his skin discolouration.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:01 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

Millions have or are using silver.

Could be. But in what doses and for what conditions?
Quote:
The pharma industry has fought restrictions on opioids

Sure, they want to protect their investment in a particular product. Capitalism 101.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:04 am
@hightor,
Capitalism, minus concern for patients' well being, equals billions of dollars.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:13 am
Many users limit themselves to a tablespoon per day. Others, like myself, do this too, but use more in certain situations. I once got bitten by a bat that I thought was dead and foolishly picked it up, wearing thin latex gloves on my hand. Within minutes, my fingernails began to crust over. I drank about 16 ounces, within a few hours. The crust vanished after the first dose. There were no more symptoms, but I drank lots more c silver for two more days, to make certain.

In twenty + years I no longer get colds or flu.

My wife had severe stomach distress after eating at a restaurant. We were preparing to take her to the doctor. First, I persuaded her to take c silver. She quickly felt better. She took a little more every twenty minutes and was perfectly fine.

As I mentioned earlier, conventional medicine was happy to use c silver, until they found they could increase profits with other stuff.