Is Prime Minister Modi Trump's Benito Mussolini? Or vice versa?

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 10:30 am

Trump-Modi bromance reignited at Texas rally
'Namaste Trump!' India's Modi Welcomes U.S. Leader With An Epic Party
'Namaste Trump': Modi holds huge rally for president's visit
Quote:
AHMEDABAD, India (Reuters) - Donald Trump was cheered by more than 100,000 Indians at the opening of the world’s largest cricket stadium on Monday, promising “an incredible trade deal” and “the most feared military equipment on the planet” at his biggest rally abroad.

'Namaste Trump!': What’s Behind the Trump-Modi Bromance

coldjoint

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 07:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
Let's post what some hack thinks. Not impressed. Oliver has been wrong on nearly everything, this is no exception. And throwing Hitler in the mix is stupid and shows desperation.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 06:09 am
@tsarstepan,
Thanks for letting me know this has started again. I watched episode 1 last night, which was all about UHC. The above hasn't made it over here just yet, and I don't want any spoilers, so any meaningful contribution from me will have to wait until then.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 01:59 am
I saw it last night. This is ongoing.

Quote:
Delhi remains on edge after the third consecutive night of rioting, with reports of Muslim homes and shops being targeted by violent mobs.

Twenty people have been killed so far in the deadliest violence the Indian capital has seen in decades.

The clashes first broke out on Sunday between protesters for and against a controversial citizenship law.

But they have since taken on communal overtones, with reports of people being attacked based on their religion.

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has described the situation as "alarming" and demanded that "the army should be called in".

Photographs, videos and accounts on social media paint a chilling image of a city on the edge. There are reports of arson, of groups of men with sticks, iron rods and stones wandering the streets and of Hindus and Muslims facing off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-51639856

One thing Oliver didn't mention was Modi's recent performance in regional elections.

Quote:
The Indian prime minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu nationalist party has lost a key state election, a setback for the party as it faces huge anti-government protests against a new citizenship law.

According to results announced by country’s Election Commission late on Monday, the Bharatiya Janata Party, or BJP, yielded power to an alliance forged among the opposition Congress party and powerful regional groups in eastern Jharkhand state, where the voting took place this month.

The election was held amid protests calling for the revocation of the citizenship law, which critics say is the latest effort by Modi’s government to marginalise India’s 200 million Muslims.

BJP leaders said on Tuesday that the citizenship law was not an issue in the Jharkhand election, but Congress party leader RPN Singh said the results were a snub to Modi’s party, which won only 25 of 81 state legislature seats. The Congress party and its allies won 47 seats, ending the BJPs five-year rule in the state.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/24/india-jharkhand-election-modi-bjp-loses-citizenship-protests
coldjoint

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Photographs, videos and accounts on social media paint a chilling image of a city on the edge. There are reports of arson, of groups of men with sticks, iron rods and stones wandering the streets and of Hindus and Muslims facing off.

I know whose side you are on. Thanks for pointing out wherever Islam is violence is there too.
0 Replies