An Ontology Ontology

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 11:16 pm
I'm tinkering with an ontology for Ontology. I suppose it would separate into two primary modalities: Factual and Counterfactual. Factual would be singular and Counterfactual would be multiple, let's say it would separate into four secondary modalities. These would be the static modalities that describe the structure of the ontology.

There is also the translations. A translation from Factual to Counterfactual is the Virtualization (dynamic) modality. The translation from Counterfactual to Factual is a Realization modality, which is also dynamic. The centerpiece of all this is Fact, which can be expressed in any modality. However, its essential characteristics show up differently in each modality, so the knowledge representation also varies depending on which modality is used.

Open to inputs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,823 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 09:12 am
@stephs-notes,
Hmmm...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 10:49 am
@stephs-notes,
Mighty small planet you're building there.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 02:25 pm
I’m think'n auto-thesis app.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 10:37 pm
@stephs-notes,
There is no ontology to Ontology, only epistemic intuition at best. What Ontology is, obviously and naturally, is part of the Universal Ontology of everything else.
Sooo, in sum, Ontology is the same for anything by definition and Occam's razor, hopefully simple, unlike incomplete human dabbling in Politics and Law school...
If you happen to believe the Ontology of what makes a painter a good painter is different from what makes a good engineer or a good farmer then you have yet to understand what Ontology really means.
Patterns and fractals are the same everywhere.
The nature of Ontology as a field is exactly the same as the Universal one, which by the way is the only brut fact Ontology there really is. The process is complete at some point in the future just like a Rubik's cube logarithm.
There is no Ontology before ALL the future becomes present!
(Oh my god this last sentence, it just came out of nowhere in my mind...thank you Ontology for giving me the luck of "invocare" it to life!)
0 Replies