Coke Zero

Equus

Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:27 am
What is the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke?

I don't remember seeing any commercials for CZ before I saw it in the store.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,266 • Replies: 28
Topic Closed
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Wed 29 Jun, 2005 10:31 am
Just looked it up online...looks like the major difference is it has a unique taste. Uses different sweetners. Diet coke also has 0 calories.
0 Replies

Wy

Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:30 pm
I think Coke Zero uses Splenda, which is "made from sugar" -- it's supposed to taste like a sugar-sweetened cola...
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 30 Jun, 2005 07:40 am
Some one I work with said he tried Coke Zero and he thought it tasted the same as regular coke. Not sure the sweeter, but like others said it is different than Diet coke.
0 Replies

Equus

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:18 am
I wonder if maybe Diet Coke and Coke Zero are nearly the same, and the Coca Cola marketing department is phasing out the name, 'Diet Coke' for this new name, to avoid connotation of Diet Coke only being for people watching their weight?
0 Replies

roger

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:23 am
Maybe, but I have heard it's better than Diet Coke. I haven't tried it, though.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:49 am
Well dammit, someone's got to pull the trigger and try it, and let us know how it is. I just went food shopping the other day so it won't be me, at least for now.
0 Replies

Equus

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:55 am
Let Mikey try it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 11:09 am
I looked at a bottle the other day. It is sweetened with Aspartame, which is the same as regular Diet Coke.

I know there is Diet Coke available that is sweetened with Spenda, but I haven't found any yet.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 11:28 am
Here is some info I found on Coke Zero. Now you can all rest tonight.

"...So what's so Zero about Coke Zero? Don't plain old Diet Coke and the rest already have zero calories? It's the taste. Basically, Coke Zero starts with the cola formula of Coke Classic and uses aspartame and acesulfame potassium as the sweetener instead of sugar. Sounds like a sure winner to me.

Diet Coke, the world's No. 1 diet cola, uses a formula more similar to New Coke which is really old forgotten Coke since they trash-canned New Coke nearly two decades ago.

Coke Zero has no bitter aftertaste that some drinkers find with diet colas. Some taste-testers noticed a distinctly cinnamon tinge to Coke Zero, but frankly, it tasted like a regular Coke to me.
Who is the target for Coke Zero? It's tough guys who need to drop a few pounds, but feel a little frilly drinking something with the word "diet" on the label.

Women have been grooving to Diet Coke for decades and won't budge. Diet Coke has an incredibly loyal fan base. And Diet Coke drinkers now prefer that taste to Coke Classic...."
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/dining/drivethru/3235382
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 11:33 am
Just as I thought...a marketing plot to gain more users.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Tue 5 Jul, 2005 11:52 am
I drink diet soda. All that sugar will kill you.

Hey, anyone selling any heroin? Huh? HURRY PEOPLE, I NEED SOME SMACK!

(if you respond with "I'll give you a smack," it's not that funny...there, got that out of the way, now you can't use that line, tool).
0 Replies

Swimpy

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:35 pm
I just bought one. Here is the ingredients list: carbonated water, caramel color, phosphoric acid, Aspartame, potassium benzoate, "natural" flavors, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium (eh?) and caffeine. No Splenda.

It's just Diet Coke, but it has a bit more of a Coke taste than Diet Coke. Tastes a little less diet-y.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:42 pm
I tried Coke Zero on Monday. I was leaving the ball game and they were just giving this stuff away in barrels. I didn't care for it, and I'm a big Diet Coke fan. It had a different flavor, and a bad aftertaste, IMO.

I have also had Diet Coke with Splenda, and it is sweeter than regular Diet Coke, and I think it's quite good ... a better choice than regular Diet Coke, depending on my mood.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:48 pm
Hmm, I was just at Vons and was wondering about this with my co-worker....

I'll give it a try sometime.
0 Replies

husker

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:58 pm
Makes me laugh - there is regular coke in Mexico that tastes different also - and I think that's due to how the sugar is different there.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:14 pm
It's the fact they use real sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. HFCS is in just about everything north of the border. We make at least some efforts to buy products that don't use it.
0 Replies

husker

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:16 pm
Well I really like it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:17 pm
What?
0 Replies

husker

Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:23 pm
cjhsa wrote:
It's the fact they use real sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. HFCS is in just about everything north of the border. We make at least some efforts to buy products that don't use it.

Well I really like it. - If you are talking about Coke from Mexico
0 Replies