Wonderful Weird Science and its headlines

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2020 04:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
Kiss the one ya love. When you post ideas primarily based upon religious tenets (designer, superntural cause) you really deny and ignore anything to be discussed "Scientifically".
Since science is evidence based and experimentally displayed, where youve continually failed is that you present your conclusion as a proof of your very concept.(I know Ive been using that phrase lately but its an engineering fact.
YOU CANNOT come up with anything that remotely smacks of evidence without a large amount of hand waving .
Your use of "complexity" as proof is inane. There is no basis for confusing "Complexity" with evidence of design when complexity is easily seen to be an adaptation of a prior organ or system or even a chemical pathway.

By attempting to avoid being confused with Fundamentalists, you actually draw closer by setting up "rules of engagement ,like complexity or intelligent design sans evidence.

While you claim I default to associating your worldview with religion, none of your colleagues at the DI, deny it(Dr Demski , in his chapter included in "Intelligent Thought)
Started out arguing "proof of Design is on the wy, but only after he started a spiehl on the immorality of "Science without Jesus is immoral"

How do we allow something like that to pass. (I know youve done nicely by just ignoring me when Ive brought those points up from the archives)

OH Well.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 03:49 am
@Leadfoot,
It's not just that your designer seems incredibly slow to me. It's also the trial-and-error process evident when one looks closely at biology. Supposedly a designer has a clear idea of what to design. So why is evolution so mudled, haphazard and wastefull?

Anyway. This is a thread about science, not about theology. Also, no amount of discussion has ever reduced a theology dispute. You will believe what you want to, and so will I. It's pointless to shout at each other about it.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 05:42 am
I love the way you two collaborate to illustrate my point.

My offer still stands.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 08:58 am
@Olivier5,
I dont think that one can duck the issue by invoking "civility of discourse". When one wishes confrontation, feeds the board with "teasing", one will get what one wants.
LF likes to prime the pump with random quotes and personal assertions.

Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:52 am
@farmerman,
Hey, you're welcome to keep kicking, but this IS a thread about science, not theology, and just because LF is obsessed about that designer question doesn't mean I need to obsess about it too...

I never wore much designer clothes anyway.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 09:58 am
@Olivier5,
anti science is, actually a discussion about science. This entire thred was going along quite well till LF lowered his beam of light.

Im not going to cut and run.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 10:00 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

anti science is, actually a discussion about science. This entire thred was going along quite well till LF lowered his beam of light.

Im not going to cut and run.

Can you MOVE this thread to a new one? This lighthearted, quirky science thread is being trashed.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 10:03 am
@farmerman,
I'm just not willing to go once again into a never-ending, fruitless argument about the "designer". Been there, said what I had to say, got the T shirt. If you want to call it "cut and run", cruize right ahead.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 10:04 am
@tsarstepan,
I second this call.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 01:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
Let us not become overdramatic.I think I just made 2 posts re: LF's originl "baiting statement" Ill go and Im sure LF will too.
0 Replies