Peter Jackson's KING KONG Trailer Premieres

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:58 pm
The trailer was successful? How much money did it make?
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 11:04 am
The Godzilla trailer was successful at building up anticipation (I assume we're talking about the 1998 version starring Broderick). Who would have guessed that Godzilla would give birth to velociraptors?

And don't tell me you didn't forget to breath for a second or two when you saw the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Granted, the sequels were a little silly, but the original was excellent.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 11:44 am
One of the advance teaser trailers for "Jurassic Park" did show as many glimpses of the dinosaurs as Jackson allowed in shots of "Kong." They were purposefully less detailed than the final film as I'm sure the Kong shots are also not entirely clear, especially the compressed video in the on-line Volts preview. I saw the TV on a hi-def TV and they really weren't that much better.

"Godzilla" was a box office dissapointment so I guess the trailer had nothing to do with the end quality of the movie. It was also royally panned by the critics and deservedly so. I have no desire to sit through that one again.

Jackson attributes his weight loss, BTW, to working day-and-night on the film and the task is still incomplete, especially the CGI team's work.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 11:46 am
(In simpler words, the trailer didn't build up enough anticipation -- the film did not make any money until released on DVD).
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:35 pm
Jackson lost weight?

The Kong trailer looks brilliant. I'm predicting a top box office.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:56 pm
Use the link above for the King Kong fansite -- it's the former LOTR fan site. It has pics of Jackson and he doesn't even look like himself.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 12:34 am
21 hours a day working Shocked . No wonder.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:55 am
I got sidetracked away from this thread. The phenomena of huge numbers of fans supporting a movie director is unprecedented. I just hope the buzz created by the fanbase works like it did for LOTR and inspired Jackson to come up with his best shot (sic).
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:08 am
I saw the KK trailor(one of about 6 before War of the Worlds!!)
It looked fantastic.Im very happy they are setting it in the past.It makes it feel more classy, not a yucky modern remake.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:15 am
Was the CGI much better on the big screen? The compressed file online is just barely safisfying. I think Jackson has made the film to satisfy those who may never have seen the old black-and-white and for those who have seen in many times but have always been unsatisfied with the creaky special effects. It looks to me like he's captured the ambiance of the original with only judicious use of color. This is unlike the Jeff Bridges remake where the color was overbearing and the giant animated ape was laughable.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
(The TV trailer which I already mentioned as having caught but did not record was better than the online pic).
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:33 am
I thought the CGI was great on the big screen.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:44 am
Good news -- and he's stating that he is improving on what one saw in the trailer.
0 Replies