Peter Jackson's KING KONG Trailer Premieres

thiefoflight

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 11:38 am
WOTW was really good. I was prepared not to like it
because I'm not a Cruise fan and like I said before I don't like it when they modernize stories, but they did a good job.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 12:45 pm
We don't always agree but I know I can usually trust you on sci-fi. I'm going to see it at the Century theaters near Disneyland as they are all THX. I was going to see the new "Star Wars" on a digital projection at the Irvine Spectrum Edwars Theaters which is the only one equipped for digital but I am conflicted on whether or not it is worth it.

Bought the DVD of "Sideways" and we saw it again last night -- even funnier and sadly poignant than the first time I saw it.

I think Spielberg has probably ended his dry run of not-so-great hits and with a movie that pleases the critics as well as audiences. Peter Jackson has set the benchmark. I also saw the "Narnia" trailer and it also looks great, with an artistic design that rivals the best animated films, even thought it is live action.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 03:57 pm
"I am NOT drinking any f%cking Merlot!" What a great film.

Unfortunately, they didn't show the King Kong trailer before WOTW at the theater I went to (I was looking forward to seeing it). But WOTW was good (though perhaps it leaves too much for the auditor to figure out for it to be enjoyable for non-sci fi folk).
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:21 pm
Ok, here's my problem with the King Kong trailer...

I guess I was expecting a teaser trailer with one or two select clips from the film but by all means, not of King Kong himself! Way to build up hype for a movie by showing all the goods! Please don't attempt to peak our curiosity by teasing us with merely a glimpse at a primate's hand or only the sound of a low growl. No. Just put it all out there like a cheap, apathetic hooker.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:47 pm
The kind with clear heels and both a$$ cheeks sticking out?

That's a good point--they're called 'teasers' for a reason.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:58 pm
We all know with all the Kong reincarnations what Kong looks like, or suppose to look like (the Japanese versions being a man in an ape suit).

I have to laugh at the characterization of it being like a cheap, apathetic (?!) hooker. I don't know what Jackson might be doing the with original storyline of ape meets girl, ape looses girl, ape gets girl, ape looses girl (BIG TIME!)

Apparantly there are those who still haven't seen the original and because of compressed data, the trailer hardly does show how great Kong will look in the final film (Jackson is still working on it).

I do admit it was quite curious that any trailer would show up almost six months early but the LOTR trailers came out even sooner and were equally revealing.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:02 pm
(What is an apethetic hooker, anyway -- one who is bored with her Johns).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:15 pm
SPOILERS? (yeah, right, if one truly has never seen the original):

Frame by frame of the trailer, the home page being an update on the progress of the final version;

http://www.kongisking.net/kong2005/trailers/kong_trailer01_10.html

I've propably seen the original twenty or more times.
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:22 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
We all know with probably over twenty-five or thirty Kong reincarnations what Kong looks like, or suppose to look like (the Japanese versions being a man in an ape suit).

Well, we all know what the pre-badass mindblowing FX King Kongs look like, but really... with any movie with this much anticipation, it's better to tease the audience like a 14-yr-old girl in a miniskirt washing a car.

LW, I imagine a cheap, apethetic hooker would be one that's just so old and tired and lazy and loose that she has lost all motivation, so she just lets it all hang out like a sloppy joe.

see what I mean?

http://www.hotmamas.com/oldhooker/5024x375.jpg
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
oh please....Spoiler?...dont think so, we had the privilage of being the first
to see the trailer weeks ago, its still far from finished, it has to be done to perfection or he will just re-do it again and again thats Jackson for you.
I dont thnk it will be a let down at all...and you cant really compare it to LOTR...which I just loved by the way!
And thank god hes lost the weight! he was looking awful.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

I'm still not buying that a trailer could be "apeathetic," but then I'm always a stickler for semantics. I think you meant "pathetic" which would fit the metaphor much better, except that I disagree that enough of Kong flashes by that it would be a spoiler. The trailer being compressed (I would have liked to have seen the trailer in a theater but have yet to meet or talk with anyone who has), it really is a teaser as to how the fully realized CGI will look.

And, BTW, I do hope that isn't a self-portrait.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

...sorry all my post went on twice for some reason and I cant find any way
to delete it out-so Ive just deleted the words out........oh yeah Lightwizard got your PM, who was that supposed to be directed at???
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:34 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I'm still not buying that a trailer could be "apethtic," but then I'm always a stickler for semantics. I think you meant "pathetic" which would fit the metaphor much better, except that I disagree that enough of Kong flashes by that it would be a spoiler. The trailer being compressed (I would have liked to have seen the trailer in a theater but have yet to meet or talk with anyone who has), it really is a teaser as to how the fully realized CGI will look.

And, BTW, I do hope that isn't a self-portrait.

No no, the hooker is apathetic ( 1. Feeling or showing a lack of interest or concern; indifferent. 2. Feeling or showing little or no emotion; unresponsive. ) and the trailer is just showing all the goods... much like an apathetic hooker would probably just let it all hang out.
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:37 pm
I guess I was hoping the trailer would be more like J Park... think t rex foot in the mud.

also i think the Godzilla trailer didn't show much more than a tail.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:38 pm
You're wading in it up to your waist but keep trying.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:40 pm
(If you noticed I edited that post and I will give you "apeathetic.")
0 Replies

rystall79

Lightwizard wrote:

???
0 Replies

Lightwizard

rystall79 wrote:
I guess I was hoping the trailer would be more like J Park... think t rex foot in the mud.

And look how that turned out. Talk about pathetic.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:42 pm
rystall79 wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

???

Don't worry, Kong will rescue you, take one look and drop you back in.
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:42 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
rystall79 wrote:

And look how that turned out. Talk about pathetic.

Ok Godzilla was total **** but at least the trailor was successful.

J Park!?!?! J Park was AWESOME!
0 Replies