Original Xbox not reading discs

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2020 09:55 pm
My original Xbox has trouble playing games and DVDS Only certain discs work. The discs that don't work I cleaned but it still didn't work.

engineer

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 09:58 am
@singlesucks13,
You can get a cheap DVD head cleaning kit. Put it in the XBOX, let is run for a while to clean the internal receiver, take it out.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 10:29 am
@singlesucks13,
Does it have the Red Ring of Death?

Common problem with the original xbox.
singlesucks13

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 11:51 am
@neptuneblue,
No but it will probably happened soon with the way that it won't play so many discs
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 02:04 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

My original Xbox has trouble playing games and DVDS Only certain discs work. The discs that don't work I cleaned but it still didn't work.

Remember, that the original Xbox came out in 2001. It looks like (from not expert sites) several answers guess a console should last about 10 years with moderate use (whatever moderate use means). You might find it a bit too pricey to take it in for a professional cleaning at maybe a computer repair store (but at least you can ask for an estimate). It might be time to retire said console and maybe find a slightly newer one on Ebay?

The Xbox One came out in 2013? It's about time they come out with the next generation Xbox. But I digress.
0 Replies