Creationists, Flat-Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers.... People who reject science.

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 06:41 am
@izzythepush,
Why Thank you!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 06:49 am
@Leadfoot,
And they say Americans don't get irony.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 06:55 am
@izzythepush,
I’ve always been clumsy at accepting compliments of all kinds.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 11:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

EVERYTHING Ive told you is fact, it s the really easy material. ANy first year tuent would have this knowledge. You continue on trip of defiant ignornce (Thats all it is because Id originally been rather avuncular in my discussions with you).
When you try to turn pfectly good bases of knowledge into "word salad" by just making up ****, I do get angry at how you can be so stupid yet so full of yourself.

Having aid that, I think Ive made my position clear. Im not going to address you further, BUT I WILL, address what youve said.

SO, you may soldier on or go away. Try to find someone who is easily impressed with your nonsense. I am not and Ive fully lost all patience with your scientific illiteracy.

I have read some geology journals and they are very esoteric. The level of complexity makes it extremely difficult to sort out thermodynamics. For this reason, I can understand why you are avoiding engaging in discussion of geology in the way I am framing it, i.e. in terms of thermodynamics.

Climate science has been focused on the atmosphere, mostly, and to some extent the oceans. Gas and liquid are a lot less complex than what goes on in the solid ground beneath them. The ocean is flat, but the solid ground isn't, so there are much greater and slower-moving pressure dynamics, and there are so many chemical/mechanical processes forming different types of rock, all of which are being collected and analyzed by geologists as clues to piece together a picture/narrative of how the land has taken shape over long geological time.

I understand how complex it all is, and so I have great respect for those, like you seemingly, who go through the trouble of learning and teaching these many complexities. I'm sorry that my interest only runs somewhat parallel to the kind of geology that makes journals and PhDs.

What I have become interested in, however, because of climate science and my more general interest in energy and thermodynamics is what I have explained to you, which is that I'm trying to put together a mechanical picture of how different forms of energy interact between the sun, atmosphere, biosphere, and below. When they teach us as teenagers about plate tectonics, the various layers/temperatures of the Earth, the biosphere, and atmosphere, and other planets/stars; it gives us a broad framework for analyzing how things work. Then, those of us who are interested enough to care pay attention to the science news and the climate news and try to be involved as active, critical-thinking citizens who aren't just puppets of big players who are pulling our strings by telling us to trust one source and distrust others, etc.

So instead of insulting and discouraging me and thus people like me, you should be reaching out with your more advanced, esoteric knowledge and trying to speak to the kinds of questions that I am posing, however naive and childish they may sound to you. If nothing else, you should be able to explain somewhat why a certain question is difficult to answer and/or what kind of knowledge/information would be needed to answer it.

I know that it is a big leap to try to take information from geology journal articles about various minerals, how they are distributed through a certain geographical/topographical formation, and critically analyze how a given formation has formed and shifted, etc. I've read how these issues are written about in geology journals and they have a level of complexity of analysis over relatively small areas and short-duration time-spans that make it all but impossible to extrapolate from them more generalizable hypotheses about how overall geological energy/power works on a larger scale. I thought someone like you who seems to be very learned in this discipline would be able to break it down for people like me to think the way we do at a more layman level, but I guess not.

Really, as I've said, I think the really critical question to deal with is what the long-term geological prognosis is for the crust/mantle/core temperatures and thus magnetic field and why. If Earth is going to keep cooling and losing its magnetic field strength, we really don't have a chance of sustainability that will last until the time the sun becomes a red giant and engulfs the Earth. If, however, there is some reason/way that the core and mantle can maintain their present energy levels until that time, human life on Earth could be much more sustainable.

If what you are saying is true, that biological sediments add nothing significant to the interior heat of the planet, then what hope is there to avoid the fate of losing the magnetic field eventually? Earth has a fusion reactor, i.e. the sun, and the sun is delivering lots of energy all the time, so if all that energy isn't enough to maintain the interior energy and thus magnetic field, then what ever could be? Even if humans developed fusion power and began applying it to the task of maintaining the energy of the interior at present levels indefinitely, what would that do to the biosphere to have all that waste heat radiating back out through the crust? What's more, could we even recharge the interior considering how much of the energy is stored in nuclear form, i.e. as heavy elements and heavy isotopes of lighter elements? Even if we had fusion power, we can't make uranium from lead, and if we did, could we implant it in the cooling mantle/core in a way that would keep them from cooling/dying? It may be as hopeless a prospect as trying to keep a dying person alive when age has taken them beyond the point where medicine can make a difference.

Anyway, as a person who claims to be interested in science; I would have thought you would find these kinds of questions interesting; but it appears you're more interested in policing the boundary between established science and questions/issues that haven't yet been established. Ironically, they makes you an anti-science agent in public discourse, but so many 'science people' are, it doesn't surprise me. Now I'm sure you will once again reply to say condescending and insulting things to assert the status hierarchy of 'science' to stay on the right side of your precious academic/education unions, but your politics of science aren't science and they are ultimately hurting science, but I'm sure you won't care as long as your true purpose is to protect academic education and its paying participants against the internet as a site where people can go to discuss science free of charge.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 07:25 am
@livinglava,
humans are able to investigate things at a fairly deep level. Ive been in the presence of master woodworkers whove lectured me on the origins and developments of tool and joinery techniques , and have presented me with whole new ways of thinking about my woodworking hobbies.
I know youre able to cast aside all that dreck that results from living a "tweet mentality".
YOU really shouldnt justice complex conceptual language without a deeper understanding of what the hell it actually means and whats its relationship to other phenom.
In your recent posts, youve gone from insisting that Tectonic Forces occur because of some bizarre mechanism that youve obviously just made up in your head because the real knowledge and information is out there. Then, while trying to avert my discussion away from those misunderstandings youve drifted into some word salad about your interest in Thermodynamics. To which Ive also called your hand and found it full of misinformation and just scientific junk.

The hell of it is that you have seemed to totally ignore an entire real world of information and evidence that is clearly written and explained in many many introductory texts in the many sciences. Thermo isnt a "magical institution" only practiced by some priesthood. Our entire metallurgical industry and mining industry is based upon various levels of it (whether you know it or not).

Now, the real reason I am unwilling to give you a "students pass" and keep plugging away at your misunderstandings is that Ive been begun to get a feel that your agenda is the same one as embraced by several Fundamentalist religious "cults".
This I find annoying because it means(to me) that your discussions have been based upon , not misunderstandings, but by willful denial and misdirections.

My last gasp effort at communication with you is to gently remind you to look online at several introductory texts in physical geology and then look at Chapters 1-6 of Continents and SUpercontinents.

Pleased dont try to slip your self free of any responsibilities in accurcy by claiming some BS esotericity on my behlf. Thats just misplaced BS . I feel that, if you want to engage someone who has experience in the field, you have a responsibility to dig deeper (which is not accomplished by tweet mentalities). If you wont dig deeper then you are either, mentally unable to grasp more complex subjects like operating a microwave oven . or you are trying to use designed ignorance to perpetrate an intellectual fraud.

I sorta think you can operate a microwave.
livinglava

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 10:21 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

humans are able to investigate things at a fairly deep level. Ive been in the presence of master woodworkers whove lectured me on the origins and developments of tool and joinery techniques , and have presented me with whole new ways of thinking about my woodworking hobbies.
I know youre able to cast aside all that dreck that results from living a "tweet mentality".

You spout a lot of negativity, but you almost never explain anything in way that grounds your claims in reason that prove you are right. Readers are just supposed to take your word for what you say based on the fact that you sound like you're an expert?

Quote:
YOU really shouldnt justice complex conceptual language without a deeper understanding of what the hell it actually means and whats its relationship to other phenom.

Here, for example, you are saying I lack deeper understanding but it's just something you say after hearing me out. Unless I quote word-for-word something that some established scientist said or published, you're going to just say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

If you actually explained why something I said was contradicted by something else I didn't consider, that could be valid, but then of course I would be able to learn from what you say and that would prove I'm not an idiot, which would prove you wrong in your relentless hammering/insulting of me for the sake of discrediting everything I say and think.

Quote:
In your recent posts, youve gone from insisting that Tectonic Forces occur because of some bizarre mechanism that youve obviously just made up in your head because the real knowledge and information is out there. Then, while trying to avert my discussion away from those misunderstandings youve drifted into some word salad about your interest in Thermodynamics. To which Ive also called your hand and found it full of misinformation and just scientific junk.

Thermodynamics is not 'word salad.' You obviously don't understand the things I've written or you wouldn't call them 'bizarre' and 'word salad.'

You don't seem to consider the possibility that your mind might be too rigid to think in terms that don't exactly align with the way you've thought/read/studied about them. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Quote:
The hell of it is that you have seemed to totally ignore an entire real world of information and evidence that is clearly written and explained in many many introductory texts in the many sciences. Thermo isnt a "magical institution" only practiced by some priesthood. Our entire metallurgical industry and mining industry is based upon various levels of it (whether you know it or not).

Of course I know that. Quantum mechanics is really just an extension of thermodynamics. The problem is that you don't really understand what I know and how I think, but you don't hesitate to contrue me as totally ignorant and opposed to science when you are fighting against me.

I think the reason you fight so hard against me is that you seem to work in academia and so it is in your economic interest to hammer people who aren't (yet) submissive to enrolling in classes and paying tuition that pays your salary.

Quote:
Now, the real reason I am unwilling to give you a "students pass" and keep plugging away at your misunderstandings is that Ive been begun to get a feel that your agenda is the same one as embraced by several Fundamentalist religious "cults".
This I find annoying because it means(to me) that your discussions have been based upon , not misunderstandings, but by willful denial and misdirections.

First of all, I am not for or against any 'religious cults' or other schools of thought. I just study what people have to say and formulate my own conclusions. I am not hell-bent on fight against pseudoscience like you seem to be. I just want to know the truth. I will admit that the politics of social-political-economic bias does bother me, but there are biases in academia just as there are outside of it.

Quote:
My last gasp effort at communication with you is to gently remind you to look online at several introductory texts in physical geology and then look at Chapters 1-6 of Continents and SUpercontinents.

I looked up the book you suggested but it is not available for free online. I may come across it at a library or used book sale at some point, though, in which case I will be grateful for your suggestion.

Quote:
Pleased dont try to slip your self free of any responsibilities in accurcy by claiming some BS esotericity on my behlf. Thats just misplaced BS . I feel that, if you want to engage someone who has experience in the field, you have a responsibility to dig deeper (which is not accomplished by tweet mentalities). If you wont dig deeper then you are either, mentally unable to grasp more complex subjects like operating a microwave oven . or you are trying to use designed ignorance to perpetrate an intellectual fraud.

I sorta think you can operate a microwave.

You're full of ridicule and little if any ability to explain things you claim to understand that I (or others) don't. If you know as much as you claim to, it would be good for you to teach - and it sounds like you do, but only in your classes where you are getting paid. Well, if you are too biased toward getting paid to teach outside of those classes, then how could anyone expect anything you say here or elsewhere you aren't getting paid to be valid?

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 12:53 pm
@livinglava,
I dont spound like an expert, Im not that vain. Im a worker in a field that requires training and we further learn from related experience. Youseem to deny either.
When you come up with bogus ideas and merely pepper them with scientistic sounds, it adds nothing to a discussion other than confusion to those who may be off the post and drop in and read .

lack of any kind of knowledge of geological processes is astounding. A beginning student by the end of the first semester would be able to sit down and show you evidence from field data and photos the very stuff that you dont understand.
I neither have the time nor the interest to engage in that because , in addition, you sorely need some understanding of how science even work and how the Laws of thermodynamics and phase rule affect the mineralogical recipes of the planet.

SCience i cumulative, its not a daily fight where every theory needs to validate itelf before breakfast. We have many many questions and areas that need much study, HOW plate tectonics actually works, aint one of them.
Your concern about nergy from the sun can best be looked at as input to the biological world. And it certainly is not a source of mechanical energy in Tectonics. Dewey and Bird and Isadore Zeits did work in understanding the masses and sources of sediments tht lie on the ocen floors and con shelfs and abyssl plains. Zeits also helped define the very magnetic "strips" which index the imprinting of magma that reaches its curie temp t the ridge openings. These strip are like gps positions that relate to geomagnetics, mineralization (This is where Thermo comes in as rock analysis reflects the plate temperatures at its start to its finish.

These are very basic , non technical explanations of the way things relly work. Your stubborn defiant ignorance to even look at these data is ssad. It doesnt make me look like anything other than a weary teacher who is in the presence of a happy dunce who I suspect is really an agenda driven anti science one.

livinglava

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 01:44 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I dont spound like an expert, Im not that vain. Im a worker in a field that requires training and we further learn from related experience. Youseem to deny either.

Semantics. You're more concerned with sounding 'not vain' than in being honest about your level of expertise. When you put me down as being ignorant in your eyes, you are implicitly claiming to have expertise beyond mine. Be clear about it.

Quote:
When you come up with bogus ideas and merely pepper them with scientistic sounds, it adds nothing to a discussion other than confusion to those who may be off the post and drop in and read .

You wouldn't know the difference between "scientific sounds" and actual logical reasoning unless you engaged in real discussion instead of just spouting out facts and then ridicule in the same breath.

Quote:
lack of any kind of knowledge of geological processes is astounding. A beginning student by the end of the first semester would be able to sit down and show you evidence from field data and photos the very stuff that you dont understand.

Look, it is quite clear that the way you operate is by learning lots of facts and then asserting that the status you have from knowing many facts entitles you to authority beyond what you can actually explain in discussion. As such, discussion with you is pointless. Regardless of what you may or may not know, you can't communicate it effectively here, so that's that. You blame your lack of communication skills on me by calling me ignorant, but your problem is that nothing you know is independently logical enough to post it in a 'tweet,' as you have pejoratively called it several times.

Quote:
I neither have the time nor the interest to engage in that because , in addition, you sorely need some understanding of how science even work and how the Laws of thermodynamics and phase rule affect the mineralogical recipes of the planet.

You only posture about things like this to suggest you are right without actually discussing anything relevant. Your only purpose is to put others down, i.e. because you have no interest beyond defending academia against free internet discourse.

Quote:
SCience i cumulative, its not a daily fight where every theory needs to validate itelf before breakfast. We have many many questions and areas that need much study, HOW plate tectonics actually works, aint one of them.

More posturing.

Quote:
Your concern about nergy from the sun can best be looked at as input to the biological world. And it certainly is not a source of mechanical energy in Tectonics.

I guess I'm just supposed to take your word for it then and stop thinking for myself.

Quote:
Dewey and Bird and Isadore Zeits did work in understanding the masses and sources of sediments tht lie on the ocen floors and con shelfs and abyssl plains.

You mention this, but you don't explain their research, findings, and conclusions for me to review them. You just expect me to see a citation and accept you are right in whatever you say.

Quote:
Zeits also helped define the very magnetic "strips" which index the imprinting of magma that reaches its curie temp t the ridge openings. These strip are like gps positions that relate to geomagnetics, mineralization (This is where Thermo comes in as rock analysis reflects the plate temperatures at its start to its finish.

I assume you didn't watch the Physicsgirl video on youtube I posted that explains exactly what you're talking about here. I already understand there are magnetic strips that push outward from the spreading ridges and that high temperature are required. What you haven't explained is how you can assume the energy that resulted in those high temperatures wasn't caused by eons worth of condensed biological sediments being forced down after they pass the zone where lava pressure can force its way up as volcanism.

Quote:
These are very basic , non technical explanations of the way things relly work. Your stubborn defiant ignorance to even look at these data is ssad. It doesnt make me look like anything other than a weary teacher who is in the presence of a happy dunce who I suspect is really an agenda driven anti science one.

Who is the dunce when you ignore every specific thing I say and ask and just call me an idiot instead of explaining why I'm wrong or my question based on faulty assumptions?
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 03:10 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
you are implicitly claiming to have expertise beyond mine. Be clear about it.
I think Ive been perfectly clear with you on this . I dont consider you a neophyte, I consider you a total moron, either by birth or by design, you choose one.

livinglava

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 03:14 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
you are implicitly claiming to have expertise beyond mine. Be clear about it.
I think Ive been perfectly clear with you on this . I dont consider you a neophyte, I consider you a total moron, either by birth or by design, you choose one.

You have said you don't want to be vain, and that explains why you put all your vanity into ridiculing someone like me. You desperately want to be worshiped as a superior intellect, but you know you can't get such worship if you toot your own horn, so to speak, so you slam others like me as a consolation prize.

I can't even tell you how many times I've opened a science discussion thread only to close it again after seeing a long string of hostile back-and-forth posts between you and some other poster you'd rather bicker with than discuss science.

Your hostile/aggressive attitude and preference for fighting over discussing scientific content makes you more of an enemy to science than a friend.
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 05:54 am
@livinglava,
I will not countenance stupidity. If you need to engage in a conversation in which your idiotic beliefs are discussed as meriting consideration, I am certainly not that guy.
I can be a really good resource if someone is really interested in learning because I am a devoted teacher in my field (WHICH happens to be geology and geochemistry), or I love actual debate wherein my own ideas as well as those of my correspondent are debated. (Ive learned a lot herein from people trained in special fields where Im way less informed, sometimes arguments get heated, But never become pointless like yours.
With you, I can do neither,
1 You seemingly aint interested in learning a damn thing, you only want someone to validate your stupid beliefs about geology and I wont be part of that.

2 You dont possess any relevant information that is even remotely correct so whats in it for me to debate your ideas? Im just giving you credibility by continuing to engage with you.

Please find someone who gives a **** about your "theories". Maybe theyll be kinder , I cant continue supporting your idiocy.

There is a wide berth between " thinking critically from outside the box" and "insane beliefs". Thinking critically has, at minimum, the requirement that you understand what you critique.

livinglava

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 05:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I will not countenance stupidity. If you need to engage in a conversation in which your idiotic beliefs are discussed as meriting consideration, I am certainly not that guy.

Then why do you keep responding to say so? Actually, nevermind; I get that you like to fight and ridicule and keep having the last word. I tend to keep responding to messages to me too, so I guess this will end up being one of those endless negative last-word exchanges.

Quote:
I can be a really good resource if someone is really interested in learning because I am a devoted teacher in my field (WHICH happens to be geology and geochemistry), or I love actual debate wherein my own ideas as well as those of my correspondent are debated. (Ive learned a lot herein from people trained in special fields where Im way less informed, sometimes arguments get heated, But never become pointless like yours.

Well, I am very much interested in learning as discussing the issues I'm interested in with someone with your educational background, but I can neither dishonor you by subjecting you to someone like me whom you deem stupid and insolent; nor can I personally tolerate such insults while trying to learn and discuss things, so while an unfortunate lost opportunity, that as they say is that.

Quote:
With you, I can do neither,
1 You seemingly aint interested in learning a damn thing, you only want someone to validate your stupid beliefs about geology and I wont be part of that.

That's not true. You've mentioned many substantial issues that interested me, but you did so only cursorily and then insulted and ridiculed me rather than opening up those issues for further question/discussion. You could have said, "X is a relevant issue and if you don't understand why/how, I can explain further but first you need to explain what exactly you're not understanding." From that, a reasonable, respectful discussion would emerge - but that's not what happened.

Quote:
2 You dont possess any relevant information that is even remotely correct so whats in it for me to debate your ideas? Im just giving you credibility by continuing to engage with you.

Saying things like this makes me distrust you. Going back to our discussion about 'pizza conveyer' spreading-ridge driven plate shifts, all I did was note that mass can't be pushed uphill against the force of gravity without converting kinetic energy into potential energy. That is a perfectly reasonable scientific concern; but then you started going on about spherical geometry of the planet and avoiding the task of explaining more clearly how it can be incontrovertible that primordial heat and radioactive decay are the engines that cause the spreading ridges to keep churning out material to push the oceanic plate under the continental one, overcoming friction and pushing up mountains, igniting volcanoes, etc.

Quote:
Please find someone who gives a **** about your "theories". Maybe theyll be kinder , I cant continue supporting your idiocy.

I've already read enough of your ridicule. Continuing to beat a dead horse isn't going to make me feel any worse than you already have.

You seem to think it's good to use ridicule to steer the directions someone thinks in, but it's not. Reason is the only legitimate basis for authority. You can deem me unreasonable or incapable of reason, and that's your right; but then stop beating the dead horse. Your POV is not absolute/perfect, so you are capable of short-sightedness and partial understanding as much as anyone else is.

Quote:
There is a wide berth between " thinking critically from outside the box" and "insane beliefs". Thinking critically has, at minimum, the requirement that you understand what you critique.

You can't think the way you do and think critically at the same time. Ironically, 'critical' is also used in popular language to refer to ridicule and other negative critique, but that's not what it means in a scientific context. In science, 'critical' refers to more detailed, analytical, and rigorous study and thinking. When you go on being critical (negative) without being critical (scientifically), you are just showing that you ignore reasonable points I've made in favor of insulting me broadly as a person.

If you're just going to keep insulting me, stop and go back to your precious tuition-paying students whom you have such high regard for.
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 05:45 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
mass can't be pushed uphill against the force of gravity without converting kinetic energy into potential energy
. I rest my case.
livinglava

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 05:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
mass can't be pushed uphill against the force of gravity without converting kinetic energy into potential energy
. I rest my case.

How can you criticize that statement? Nothing is pushed uphill against the force of gravity except insofar as kinetic energy gets converted to potential energy.

Your pizza-conveyor analogy is fine, but the material coming up at the spreading ridge has to be pushed up, and as such it is pushing the plate toward the subduction zone, where the subducting material encounters friction. That's how the continental plate gets compressed and wrinkled into hills and mountains.

Somehow you seem to keep implying that plate tectonics is a perpetual motion machine because the Earth is round. Machines use energy, or rather they convert one form of energy into another to do mechanical work. Work has to be done to build a mountain. They can't just pop up because the plate glided under the other plate without energy, work, and friction/resistance.

Why do you keep denying this basic science? Do you think that geological complexity eliminates the pertinence of basic energy laws?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 07:12 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Nothing is pushed uphill against the force of gravity except insofar as kinetic energy gets converted to potential energy.

This is completely wrong. This is one case where I can show you this with basic algebra (it is more difficult to show how you are wrong in cases where your misunderstanding is based on more advanced mathematics). But this case is fairly simple math.

If I explain to you why this is wrong, will you accept it and learn. Or will you keep arguing for the sake of arguing? Let's treat this as an experiment.
livinglava

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2020 06:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Nothing is pushed uphill against the force of gravity except insofar as kinetic energy gets converted to potential energy.

This is completely wrong. This is one case where I can show you this with basic algebra (it is more difficult to show how you are wrong in cases where your misunderstanding is based on more advanced mathematics). But this case is fairly simple math.

If I explain to you why this is wrong, will you accept it and learn. Or will you keep arguing for the sake of arguing? Let's treat this as an experiment.

You can present whatever reasoning you want to try to prove your case, but energy is neither created nor destroyed, so unless it is changing into another form of kinetic energy then it has to become potential energy in some form or forms, e.g. gravitational or chemical.

What is amazing me is that you claim to be scientifically rigorous yet you actually seem to believe you can defy the law of conservation of energy.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2020 06:54 am
@livinglava,
Dude, what takes a roller coaster up the FIRST hill.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2020 07:31 am
@Leadfoot,
The tattooed ruffian smoking woodbines and leering at 14 year old girls who's operating the machine.

At least it is over here.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2020 07:34 am
@izzythepush,
Same over here. Ive had a pint or two with them.
It was sad.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2020 09:30 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Dude, what takes a roller coaster up the FIRST hill.Signature
Brilliant!!! And Ill bet that it took no advanced mathematical analyses to come up with that mind exercise. Ive always believed that the math grows out of the discovery or initial experiments.

LL Perhaps there is much to be learnt from a common sense viewpoint.