The 2020's are soon upon us. How does this make you feel?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 08:42 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I am not really a fan of Disney or Warner Bros. now to be honest. Both studios are advocating the LGBTQIA agenda through their cartoons, which is antichristian.

For years, both studios have made jokes and/or references to the Illuminati and use Illuminati and occultic imagery and symbolism in their cartoons, which is antichristian. Both studios are doing this now through their cartoons.

I assume the other studios in Hollywood are and have been advocating this stuff through their cartoons also.

I know some of the studios who produce cartoons for TV, like Nickelodeon, are and have been advocating this stuff through their cartoons.

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 08:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
Apparently, you can't infer what I said about TV writers and apply it to songwriters. So I'm going to edit my original statement:
Quote:
when children grow up to be songwriters, they tend to write about what inspired them during their childhood 20-25 years ago.

A more recent example: Daft Punk's 2013 song "Get Lucky" is heavily inspired by disco and funk music of the 1970s. Members of Daft Punk were born in the early 70s.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 08:55 pm
@Rebelofnj,
So Bowser and his band Sha Na Na must have grown up in the 1950's and that's why they decided to perform doowap in the 1980's. Got you.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 09:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I am familiar with the song "Get Lucky". I have heard it.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 09:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
You have mentioned this many, many times.
You have also mentioned what you think the gay agenda is:
Quote:
Militant groups were trying to impose the LGBTQIA agenda on this gen's children and young people, and were trying to encourage them to take on the LGBTQIA lifestyle.

https://able2know.org/topic/533467-3#post-6906832

You also previously failed to provide a show/comic that actually does encourage people to follow an LGBT lifestyle. Simply having a gay character does not count. You said Archie Comics but you apparently never actually read the comic to confirm your suspicions.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 10:05 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Exactly - if you're a Christian why would you subject yourself and your family to something like the new Addams Family movie, especially if you know what the Addams Family is about? I don't get that either.

We are living in the Information Age. Even if the parents didn't know what the film was about, they should have done some research about it online beforehand.

I remember the classic show and The Munsters. I remember there were two live-action Addams Familymovies that came out in the '90s?

I wouldn't take my kids to see any of the Hotel Transylvania movies if I had any.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 10:11 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Apparently, you can't infer what I said about TV writers ....

Okay, there is no reason to get snippy. I apologise for not grasping what you said the first time you posted it.

I understand you - artists, writers, etc. are influenced by whatever they grew up around and it often shows up in their works.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 11:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Exactly - if you're a Christian why would you subject yourself and your family to something like the new Addams Family movie, especially if you know what the Addams Family is about? I don't get that either.

We are living in the Information Age. Even if the parents didn't know what the film was about, they should have done some research about it online beforehand.

I remember the classic show and The Munsters. I remember there were two live-action Addams Family movies that came out in the '90s.

I wouldn't take my kids to see any of the Hotel Transylvania movies if I had any.

-FIXED.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 01:43 am
@JGoldman10,
I get the feeling that if there were a Venn diagram with what today's kids like and what you think they should like the two circles wouldn't even touch let alone overlap.

Kids have always liked a bit of vulgarity and harmless irreverence. If you're going to make an issue over something as innocuous as Hotel Transylvania you're not going to understand the zeitgeist.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 03:37 am
@izzythepush,
Monster movies are not of God.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 04:57 am
@JGoldman10,
Says you.

They're harmless fun, a bit of escapism.

I think you'd be better off joining the church than trying to entertain children.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 05:48 am
@JGoldman10,
Glad things go faster now. I get bored easy.
Lash

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 07:31 am
I’m thrilled that in the year 2020, which in the field of vision (just giggling at puns) equates to perfect vision—and in this year, politically, hindsight is 2020.

The bulk of people in the US have assessed politics as usual and found it utterly corrupt and useless to us. Hindsight is 2020 and the response is a dramatic overhaul.

Fundraising in politics will never be the same. Voters will turn away from candidates who cater to wealthy donors. The expectation will be that candidates will create programs that appeal to voters enough to get them to donate.

The way it should always have been.

So, not trying to change the conversation to politics, but there are a lot of people who embrace 2020 for the same reason. Clear-eyed resolute glee at this long overdue sea change.

Come on, 2020.

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 03:42 pm
@Lash,
Do you think the show 20/20 is going to do a special expose' on the year 2020?

I bet VH1 will bring the I Love the 2000s series back and will come out with a I Love the 2010s series.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 04:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well what do you say to I still love the 1920ths in 2019?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2019 04:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
What do you mean by "go faster"? What things are you referring to?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 12:02 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Do you think the show 20/20 is going to do a special expose' on the year 2020?

I bet VH1 will bring the I Love the 2000s series back and will come out with a I Love the 2010s series.

I watched part of the Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve celebration on ABC.

They showed a video montage of clips of Barbera Walters saying "This is 20/20" will the caption "THIS IS 2020" on the screen. Lol.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 01:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
CNN have produced several retrospective miniseries for the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and the 2000s, as well as a separate miniseries focusing on the films of each decade.

Unlike VH1's I Love... series where each episode covers a single year, each episode of the CNN series covers a certain topic. For example, Episode 1 of "The Nineties" is about influential TV shows and the rise of cable and premium channels. Episode 2 is about the Clinton Administration.

The retrospective miniseries are available to stream on Netflix.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 11:41 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know what you are talking about. I watched part of these miniseries on CNN in the longue area of my local supermarket.

In one series they had about the '70s they had an episode focusing on the Nixon administration. In an episode from a series about the '80s they had one focusing on the Reagan one.

I saw that episode from the '90s series about the Clinton administration you're referring to.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 11:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Google or Bing the I Love the... series from VH1. There's a Wikipedia article about it. There's also a site dedicated to the series if I remember correctly.
0 Replies