The 2020's are soon upon us. How does this make you feel?

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2019 08:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
Your question:
Quote:
what does that have to do with the 1950's nostalgia in the '80s?

is answered by my statement:
Quote:
when children grow up to be writers, they tend to write about what inspired them during their childhood 20-25 years ago.

Back to the Future director Robert Zemeckis was born in 1952, so it is likely he was inspired by his growing up in the 50s to produce the film.

It is hard to tell if your comics are outdated as I have never seen any completed work. I can only assume that you are behind in modern storytelling methods and what modern children like.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2019 09:54 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
LOL. I can relate.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2019 11:49 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
I can only assume that you are behind in modern storytelling methods and what modern children like.

Yes that is true. You haven't seen any comics or animations I produced. All I basically have to show for my work is some character still I posted online in photo albums.

I know very little about what today's kids - young children and teens- are into.

I have some idea - I have seen, heard and/or read about some of the things the youth of today are into.

I know they are into Internet culture and tech culture to an extent.

I have some idea about the type of music they like now.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 03:26 am
@Rebelofnj,
Do you have any friendly suggestions on how to appropriately do research on what today's youth like?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:11 am
@JGoldman10,
Why don't you watch some kid's channels like Nickelodeon?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:36 am
@JGoldman10,
I think I have told you many times before to watch other popular shows that kids like. I even gave you a list at some point.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 07:52 am
@JGoldman10,
Also, check the toy section of a major store like Walmart or Target. They usually have toys that are part of franchises popular with children. At this time, you may see Frozen and Fortnite merchandise and toys everywhere.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
"Other popular shows"? No current kids' shows were mentioned in this thread

Does the stuff I've seen online necessarily reflect what today's youth are into, or I shouldn't go by that?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Doesn't Frozen advocate transgenderism?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
No. Not at all.

You never watched Frozen, have you? Or even heard the song "Let It Go", one of the most popular songs of the decade?

What made you think it was about transgenderism?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:23 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Your question:
Quote:
what does that have to do with the 1950's nostalgia in the '80s?

is answered by my statement:
Quote:
when children grow up to be writers, they tend to write about what inspired them during their childhood 20-25 years ago.

Back to the Future director Robert Zemeckis was born in 1952, so it is likely he was inspired by his growing up in the 50s to produce the film.

Okay- how do explain why the shows Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley took place in the 1950's?
How do you explain why the Q*bert cartoon took place in a 1950's-inspired world?
How do explain why you had doowop acts like Bowser and Sha Na Na in the '80s?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:24 pm
@Rebelofnj,
My PC has been down for several weeks. Where did you send me this list you're referring to?

I have seen some of the current kids' cartoon shows they have on TV. I have seen some of the current kids' cartoon series they have online.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
I sent it to you via A2K and Yahoo answers at least twice over the last 12 months. I cant remember which thread it is from.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
Again:
Quote:

I'm guessing (I never saw Happy Days or Laverne and Shirley) the writers of those 70s shows are writing about their time growing up in the 50s.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay- I will search for those lists.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
A guest pastor at my church stated the Frozen movies advocate transgenderism.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 05:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then he, and you as a result, never saw the film.

Honestly, the summary for Frozen on Wikipedia will show that the film has nothing about transgenderism.

The sequel and the holiday special also have nothing about transgenderism.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 08:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
It was a lady gust pastor who spoke in that streamed sermons I watched. She talked about the new Frozen movie and the new Addams Family movies that came out.

This was a while ago - I think she said she watched the new Frozen movie with her family if I remember right but I am 100% certain.

She talked about how horrible the new animated Addams movie was - she knew of a Christian family who went to see it. When the parents noticed the demonic things going on the movie they pulled their kids out of the auditorium they were showing the film in. The family stood outside the auditorium and prayed for the audience watching the movie.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 08:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know you've never seen the old Q*Bert cartoon I am referring to. I recall mentioning it a few times in past discussions. I assume that's why you have no response.

No comments about Bowser and Sha Na Na?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2019 08:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
The Addams Family has been around for 81 years. There have been multiple movies and shows before the 2019 film. Those films and shows had elements of the occult, witchcraft, and demonic acts.
Why would a family with strong Christian beliefs watch the film in the first place?

This also doesn't explain why the pastor thinks Frozen is about transgenderism.