Moving Abroad

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:26 pm
I've always had an intense feeling inside of me to move outside of the United States. I love America, but I've always felt that I belonged somewhere else. Mm, India, New Zealand, Thailand - yes, these places are where I wish to be.

But of course, as a sixteen year old, there's not much to do about this. I wouldn't even consider it until I'm on my feet here.

However, there's still a craving inside of me to know what it's like. Have any A2Kers moved outside the U.S.?

Do you regret it? Are you happier? How do things such as media involvement, politics, climate, scenery, population, (etc.) differ? What challenged you to move? How has your social experiences changed - Are people more welcoming in your new-found home or do they keep to themselves more? Where did you emigrate from (state), and immigrate to?

Any stores are welcome, even extended traveling stories, not necessarily permanent residential tales. I am extremely curious to see what life outside these red, white and blue walls is like.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 660 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:07 pm
I spent three wonderful years living in England--a year and a half in London and another year and a half in Cornwall.

My children were very young at the time and I found I had a great deal in common with the Puritan mothers who found sanctuary in Holland but cringed to hear their children adopting Dutch as a native language.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:14 pm
bm
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 07:30 pm
BM
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:27 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I spent three wonderful years living in England--a year and a half in London and another year and a half in Cornwall.

What made you decide to move from England/London?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:30 pm
The First Mr. Noddy came into a small inheritance and decided to flee the Bright Lights and write the Great American Novel.
0 Replies