Rest in Peace, René Auberjonois

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2019 05:02 pm
He was 79, and is best known for Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Benson, and the M*A*S*H film.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/people-news/rene-auberjonois-dead-dies-star-trek-deep-space-nine-boston-legal-benson-mash-1203429137/

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2019 05:16 pm
He was great. I always noticed when he was on camera.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2019 10:45 pm
@jespah,
1. I remember watching Rene Auberjonois on the tv shows "Benson" and "Star Trek Deep Space Nine"

2. I definitely enjoyed the roles he played on those two show.

3. I did watch all of the Star Trek television series over the years.

4. I watched the original Star Trek, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise.

5. Deep Space Nine was my favorite Star Trek television series of all of the Star Trek tv series.

6. The newest Star Trek series that airs on streaming service only, I have not seen. I don't subscribe to any of the streaming services.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2019 11:42 pm
When I first saw him on Benson I did not make the connection between him and Father Mulcahy in M*A*S*H* for a couple of months. His personality was totally different.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 01:13 am
@edgarblythe,
I had to go back to the original MASH film to see him as Father Mulcahy, I had completely forgotten he was in that film. He entertained us for years, Rest In Peace Rene.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:34 am
Guess what? He was my babysitter. Yup. I remember him riding in a station wagon with a whole bunch of us kids when we went to Nyack for ice cream at "McDermott's" one time. He even mentioned being a babysitter when he was interviewed by Terry Gross. Years later he was starring in "Shakespeare in the Park" in NYC and after the play was over I made my way over to him and introduced myself. He remembered me and we reminisced a bit about the old neighborhood. What a nice man.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 10:06 pm
@hightor,
That's cool.

I enjoyed his work on DS-9 and remember him from Benson as well.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 10:10 pm
@hightor,
What a wonderful memory, I'm happy to hear he was a nice person.
0 Replies

Padman01

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 07:19 pm
@hightor,
That's amazing. I'm glad to hear that he was such a great person.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2022 11:38 am
Ojo! So touching!
0 Replies