Would you work in isolation for 3 months stretch?

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2019 10:35 pm
Given the opportunity... would you work in isolation for 3 months? Maintaining a lighthouse? Or a research station in Antarctica? Or the space station?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,205 • Replies: 4

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2019 11:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
I could do it. Before the forests all burned, I often contemplated life as a forest lookout.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2019 06:02 am
Absolutely -- better than my current gig in a newly renovated crowded call centre like setting (more like battery hen setting)

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2019 06:22 am
@tsarstepan,
I'd opt for the the lighthouse - great views, love the ocean, I could read and watch whatever TV or movies I wanted without someone else trying to change the channels. I would like to have a dog with me though - if that was the case I would be all set.

Not Antarctica - don't like the cold or the space station - not sure I would like to be in an environment where it was unnatural for me. Especially thinking of the food, and other stuff you need to handle with little gravity.

The lighthouse would be awesome though.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2019 12:24 am
@tsarstepan,
The lighthouse job sounds good.

As for isolation, there's less of that these days what with all the modern communication forms.
0 Replies