mac user trashed adobe photosp. 5 in error, now what?

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 09:20 pm
I have an imac, the 366 mghertz version.

I was trying to learn how to make a thumbnail to send along to a2k for an avatar. I was doing pretty well, at last, when I closed down the computer for the night. The next day I went to scan into adobe and I got a message that I had no Adobe Deluxe Intros. Well, that didn't bother me, I was past that I thought, but no, I had to reinstall Adobe Photo Deluxe. Ok, so I trashed all adobe stuff, and ferreted about in my disc basket, and no adobe photo shop. Then I remembered...It came with the machine. Ca-ching! And it is out of the trash and into the netherworld.

My Mac dealer says I can go to Adobe on google and ask for a Photo Elements set up, something like $100.00.
Is there any way out of this? I don't have a digital camera, I plan to store my jpegs on disks, and I am not interested in very extensive photo touch up abilities. Once in a while perhaps. Can I just get a new Adobe Deluxe 5.0 disc from somewhere??? Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,452 • Replies: 9
No top replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 12:07 am
You have no way of recovering deleted files? Even though you may have deleted the files and emptied your trash bin, it is sometimes still possible to recover those files. I have done it before with Norton Utilities. Do you have Norton, or am I completely off the mark?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 12:32 am
If you post a question somewhere in the following links you will obtain lively and useful answers.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 06:48 pm
Thanks, you two. I didn't answer right away since I have the flu the last few days and am not my usual posting fool self. No, I don't have Norton Utilities. If I got that, would it be apt to help in retrospect? And yes, Satt, I will ask at that site, thank you. (Tomorrow...)
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:51 pm
If you don't do a lot on your computer, its very possible you can get those files back. If you can get norton somewhere and install it, it can still try to un-delete those files. There are other utilities that can do the same, but I've only used Norton. Undoubtedly there are free ones available online.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:25 pm
Here are a few cases of discussions at the apple site. I hope they can be helpful. Or you can ask a new question.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]@.3bbc64a8

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]@.3bbcf9de/0

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]@.3bbd12a5
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:35 pm
Does Norton System Works even exist for the Mac? I'm doubtful on that.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:58 pm
Good point! I don't know apple. Maybe apple has a built-in file un-delete??
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:02 pm
Craven..
Yes, it does exist. But the current version of Norton system utilities (for OS X) are notorious among some avid Mac users for the incompatibilities with the os. I do not know wheter the problem applies to Norton unerase. Also I am not sure whether the Norton unerase works when it is installed after the deletion (unlinking) of the file. This latter point must be clarified at the vender if one is to use it.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:32 pm
osso, if you haven't found an answer yet, I got a brand new copy of Adobe Photoshop 5 on e-bay for less than $30, including shipping. I don't know the difference between the two programs, but it would be worth looking into.
0 Replies