Passport question

helena

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 11:03 am
i had a 10 yr british passport which expired 10 weeks ago, ive travelled all over the world with it but mostly to the u.s. Now i have a new passport, new surname,(due to marriage) and a new passport number, can some one tell me, when i go back to the u.s.in afew weeks with my new passport, name etc, when the immigration offical puts in my travel info on the computer, will it be like its my first time travelling to the u.s.a to the immigration officer as none of my history will be stored on my new passport because i have a different pasport number?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,076 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Charli

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:28 pm
PASSPORT INFO
I don't know about British passports; however, I just got out my old U.S. passports and I see the only information that is the same is my place of birth - state - and date of birth. In other words, there is no place for any name except the one presently used. Therefore, it would seem that each document is a "new" one and you are starting fresh with each renewal whether there's been a name change or not. Happy travels! :-) - Charli [/color]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 11:15 pm
helena, Why do you concern yourself? Does it matter? If so, in what ways? Just curious, you understand. I travel extensively, and my current passport had to be adjusted for more pages. Many places in this world still manually stamp your passport. I doubt very much they count how many times any one person has visited their country. It's used essentially for immigration control - I think. c.i.
0 Replies