singing

u2

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:32 am
i know you are ment to relax your stomach musles when you sing but how are you supposed to sing from your stomach then. also i would like any advice on how to substain notes with out tremble in your voice i am in a choir so i can sin. please help me on this one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Letty

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:56 am
u2, welcome to A2K. Singing is a matter of breathing and practicing scales. What you refer to as "tremble" is really a vibrato and has more to do with exhaling than anything else. I am surprised that your choir director hasn't put you through the practice routine. If I can help any further, just let me know.
0 Replies

u2

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:00 am
thanks for your help and the welcome. i would just like to know is vibrato a good thing or bad thing and how do you know when you do it or not? thank you again Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:12 am
Well, U2, A vibrato can be difficult when singing in a choir because it doesn't blend as well with the other members; therefore, it may make the intonation (hitting a note on the head and in tune) go awry. Just practice until you achieve the type voice that blends and pleases you, and has an overall good result.
0 Replies