Cost of Home Security System

Chai

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 11:50 am
Major remodeling of our house.
Right now would be the perfect time to install a home security system.

The insulation is up, but not the drywall.

Before having companies come out and give quotes, does anyone here have an idea of what the installation, monthly cost would be?

The house has 5 doors going to the outside and 17 windows that open.

It's a pier and beam house, 2000 square feet.

Looking for the type of monitoring that if someone breaks in, police are notified.

Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 02:02 pm
You don't even have to install the security system now. You could purchase a wireless system - that is what I have. What happens is if the alarm goes off - a call is automatically made to the alarm company and they immediately call the house. If you do not answer and/or give the secret code, the police are immediately called and come to the house. The monthly monitoring costs about $30 month.

Installation can vary depending on what you want. How many doors/windows, etc. Also, you can purchase a glass break or motion detector. You usually can also negotiate by agreeing to contract for a couple of years and cut your installation in half or even more. We ended up getting all installations for few because they did not show up twice when they were scheduled. We have about 1800 square feet - with two doors and 8 windows and a glass break.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 04:12 pm
Cool

I'll talk about it with the Grand Poobah when I get home.
0 Replies